Wii u stuck on home menu / or vwii mode?

Teddie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So i was playing sonic gems collection (converted in teconmoon's injector), the game worked all right but then i pressed the home button to get back to the wii u menu, it got back but then the wii u menu never loaded the game icons, it just stayed on the menu with the floating things.
Then i rebooted the console, it showed the nintendo logo, wii u logo and then it stayed on the menu without loading anything and the floating things again, pressed every button but it doesn't do anything, only the home button does something (same thing that appears when i press the gamepad home button when running games on vWii using the gamepad as the screen)
I can also say that, when booting the wii u, it does TWO startup sounds (like if it was booting directly in vwii mode, not wii u mode, if i wasn't clear, i can upload a video showing this).
Wii u is running Aroma (Beta-7 iirc).
I attached two pictures showing how the wii u hangs on the menu screen forever without loading the icons (the tv shows the same as the gamepad)
Any help or tip is appreciated! Thanks for reading.

be47a500-8d30-48ee-9557-c0085181823d.jpg2ce8ee08-478a-4183-9979-1b59e16a33ed.jpg
Post automatically merged:

Nevermind, fixed it. But i'm not going to tell you how.

jk, used recovery menu to set cooldboot to wii u menu (my region), then it finally loaded the menu normally, then launched health & safety app to start aroma. Only thing that's left is to make aroma autoboot everytime using payloadloader.

Useless information but might help:
-when the wii u was in "floating only" mode, it didn't let me turn off from gamepad, only forcing the power button from the console itselfs
-i was able to eiter load aroma/tiramisu with the enviroment loader, but vwii and homebrew channel launching didn't work
-was able to enter the homebrew loader from tiramisu loader but every homebrew gave me a black screen
-aroma's plugins all worked, tried using ftpii u to show me system files to retrieve syslogs but it didn't let me change the option to "show system files" in the menu that opens using L + down + B (everytime i did change the option it froze)
-booting without sd did the same thing, nothing worked
-booting with hdd connected just got me an eternal "please wait" screen
-getting tired of that bs, tried recovery menu, using a switch with udpih payload.
-recovery menu worked but sometimes it froze when dumping syslogs (had to try 3 times, always froze at "copying 10.dsc...")
-dumped syslog's with recovery menu, then i started to notice that the logs started with 2017/2021 and there was no syslog dumped with a recent date so the brick maybe wasn't so bad
-used system information option to see if i had a hynix nand and everything i was doing were for nothing, got a samsung nand so there was still hope
-was about to do a nand restore (i had a backup) but then i tried the coldboot option
-figured out that some gc injections that i had installed on my wii u (apart from my converted ones) were pre-made injections that had a filename of "randomnumber_autoboot", might had something to do? idk

Last edited by Teddie,
Reactions: SDIO

NintenKing64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i was playing sonic gems collection (converted in teconmoon's injector), the game worked all right but then i pressed the home button to get back to the wii u menu, it got back but then the wii u menu never loaded the game icons, it just stayed on the menu with the floating things.
Then i rebooted the console, it showed the nintendo logo, wii u logo and then it stayed on the menu without loading anything and the floating things again, pressed every button but it doesn't do anything, only the home button does something (same thing that appears when i press the gamepad home button when running games on vWii using the gamepad as the screen)
I can also say that, when booting the wii u, it does TWO startup sounds (like if it was booting directly in vwii mode, not wii u mode, if i wasn't clear, i can upload a video showing this).
Wii u is running Aroma (Beta-7 iirc).
I attached two pictures showing how the wii u hangs on the menu screen forever without loading the icons (the tv shows the same as the gamepad)
Any help or tip is appreciated! Thanks for reading.

View attachment 383418View attachment 383419
Post automatically merged:

Nevermind, fixed it. But i'm not going to tell you how.

jk, used recovery menu to set cooldboot to wii u menu (my region), then it finally loaded the menu normally, then launched health & safety app to start aroma. Only thing that's left is to make aroma autoboot everytime using payloadloader.

Useless information but might help:
-when the wii u was in "floating only" mode, it didn't let me turn off from gamepad, only forcing the power button from the console itselfs
-i was able to eiter load aroma/tiramisu with the enviroment loader, but vwii and homebrew channel launching didn't work
-was able to enter the homebrew loader from tiramisu loader but every homebrew gave me a black screen
-aroma's plugins all worked, tried using ftpii u to show me system files to retrieve syslogs but it didn't let me change the option to "show system files" in the menu that opens using L + down + B (everytime i did change the option it froze)
-booting without sd did the same thing, nothing worked
-booting with hdd connected just got me an eternal "please wait" screen
-getting tired of that bs, tried recovery menu, using a switch with udpih payload.
-recovery menu worked but sometimes it froze when dumping syslogs (had to try 3 times, always froze at "copying 10.dsc...")
-dumped syslog's with recovery menu, then i started to notice that the logs started with 2017/2021 and there was no syslog dumped with a recent date so the brick maybe wasn't so bad
-used system information option to see if i had a hynix nand and everything i was doing were for nothing, got a samsung nand so there was still hope
-was about to do a nand restore (i had a backup) but then i tried the coldboot option
-figured out that some gc injections that i had installed on my wii u (apart from my converted ones) were pre-made injections that had a filename of "randomnumber_autoboot", might had something to do? idk
Well, not sure if you're still active, but I actually ran into this problem a few days ago. I bought that raspberry thing to do the recovery mode, and it seemed like everything worked perfectly...but it didn't. It was still stuck on the floating button stuff. I have no idea where to go next to this, I'm kinda at a dead end. If there's anything you can tell me that may be the cause of this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Teddie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well, not sure if you're still active, but I actually ran into this problem a few days ago. I bought that raspberry thing to do the recovery mode, and it seemed like everything worked perfectly...but it didn't. It was still stuck on the floating button stuff. I have no idea where to go next to this, I'm kinda at a dead end. If there's anything you can tell me that may be the cause of this, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Hi, you used udpih to get into recovery mode, correct? try to get system logs, it might help.
I fixed my wii u by setting "cooldboot title" to my wii u region "Wii U Menu (USA)", try to match your console's region, that fixed my issue.

NintenKing64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, you used udpih to get into recovery mode, correct? try to get system logs, it might help.
I fixed my wii u by setting "cooldboot title" to my wii u region "Wii U Menu (USA)", try to match your console's region, that fixed my issue.
It's funny, I actually tried that as well, and I did do the coldboot title to my Wii U region, but it still won't budge. It said it was successful, but it still showed the same thing.
20240414_213124.jpg
20240414_213700.jpg

Teddie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It's funny, I actually tried that as well, and I did do the coldboot title to my Wii U region, but it still won't budge. It said it was successful, but it still showed the same thing. View attachment 431822View attachment 431823
Might help knowing what was the last thing you do before going to the menu, for example, my case was that i installed a gamecube inject (sonic gems collection), then when i loaded sonic r from the collection, got a black screen. Then, rebooted my wii u and it got like yours, never loading the home menu. I also remember that the console was beeping twice (like when you go into vWii mode) everytime i booted it up, like it was trying to boot a wii game.
I still dont know if my inject was bad or if it is something common on the console.
What i would try would be doing the cooldboot thing without any sd/external hdd plugged in the console.
And if it didn't worked, i would try this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/fixing-...-soldering-using-rednand-with-isfshax.642268/ but that would be like the last resort, maybe it doesn't neeed to be so complicated. Hope someone can help you,

NintenKing64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might help knowing what was the last thing you do before going to the menu, for example, my case was that i installed a gamecube inject (sonic gems collection), then when i loaded sonic r from the collection, got a black screen. Then, rebooted my wii u and it got like yours, never loading the home menu. I also remember that the console was beeping twice (like when you go into vWii mode) everytime i booted it up, like it was trying to boot a wii game.
I still dont know if my inject was bad or if it is something common on the console.
What i would try would be doing the cooldboot thing without any sd/external hdd plugged in the console.
And if it didn't worked, i would try this: but that would be like the last resort, maybe it doesn't neeed to be so complicated. Hope someone can help you,
The last thing I did was boot up Nintendon't on the Wii U Menu. I played Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 and then pressed the home button on the gamepad to return to the Wii U Menu, and that's when it happened. And I don't own any sd/external hdd, so that's ruled out, but I'll give that guide a try and get back to you.

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you dump the logs, I could have a look.
Also instead of setting the coldboot title, you could also just boot without SD. If setting thr CB title back would help, that would just mean there was a problem with your arom aenvironment.But if you would boot without SD, Aroma also wouldn't be loaded,

NintenKing64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you dump the logs, I could have a look.
Also instead of setting the coldboot title, you could also just boot without SD. If setting thr CB title back would help, that would just mean there was a problem with your arom aenvironment.But if you would boot without SD, Aroma also wouldn't be loaded,
Do you think I can get your email so I can send the logs to you? I'm still a new member, so I can't send links for whatever reason. I got the files on a google drive link.

Last edited by NintenKing64,

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't see eMMC errors in your log. Thee are some errors related to USB and odd. If you have a Disc in remove that.
Else I don't see what is causing the error here, maybe it is not even writing a log.

You can use this recovery: https://github.com/jan-hofmeier/recovery_menu/releases to set initial launch to 0. That will trigger the initial setup (your existing data eill still be there). If you go through the process it will create a new user. Maybe that works better in case the save of the Wii U menu is corrupted.

NintenKing64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see eMMC errors in your log. Thee are some errors related to USB and odd. If you have a Disc in remove that.
Else I don't see what is causing the error here, maybe it is not even writing a log.

You can use this recovery: https://github.com/jan-hofmeier/recovery_menu/releases to set initial launch to 0. That will trigger the initial setup (your existing data eill still be there). If you go through the process it will create a new user. Maybe that works better in case the save of the Wii U menu is corrupted.
Alright, that did something. I turned it on, tapped on the gamepad, and then it froze here. There was no disc, sd card, or usb in the console when I did this.
20240419_210739.jpg

NintenKing64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, update: I finally got past that part, but now it's stuck on the "Setting Display Language" loading screen. It said it'd take 4 minutes, but it's gets stuck there every time. Maybe it'll eventually work. I guess I just have to keep going at it. Thanks for your guys' help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?