brass78

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Hello,

is it possible to boot directly into the vWii System Menu while still autobooting Tiramisu by holding down B on the Wii Remote, as on an unmodded Wii U? The problem is that the Wiimote takes too long to sync, and by the time it has connected, Tiramisu is already loaded. I'd like to be able to access vWii using just a Wiimote (and without needing to start Wii Menu from the Wii U Menu).

Thanks.

neverends4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know with the pad you can do this with aroma, should be the same with tiramisu.

Press the power button on the pad and press and hold + during boot, autoboot menu will prompt u for the options (probably defaulted to Wii U menu if you configured autoboot), you can choose to directly boot into vWii or vWii HBC.
This is with the pad, not Wii remote though.

brass78

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Thanks neverends4, I came across the START/+ boot menu while doing my own research and while certainly useful, isn't exactly what I had in mind.

Anyway, to answer my own question, the "path of least evil" option seems to be using a Wii U menu forwarder for USB Loader GX, since it's basically a straight upgrade over the system menu when it comes to running Wii/GC games from any type of storage. Consider:

1) boot Wii U => pick Wii menu => pick display => dismiss warning => pick ULGX => pick Start => pick game => pick Start
2) boot Wii U => hold B on wiimote (unreliable) => dismiss warning => pick ULGX => pick Start => pick game => pick Start
3) boot Wii U => pick ULGX forwarder => pick game => pick Start

Option 3) is clearly superior.

Last edited by brass78,

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks neverends4, I came across the START/+ boot menu while doing my own research and while certainly useful, isn't exactly what I had in mind.

Anyway, to answer my own question, the "path of least evil" option seems to be using a Wii U menu forwarder for USB Loader GX, since it's basically a straight upgrade over the system menu when it comes to running Wii/GC games from any type of storage. Consider:

1) boot Wii U => pick Wii menu => pick display => dismiss warning => pick ULGX => pick Start => pick game => pick Start
2) boot Wii U => hold B on wiimote (unreliable) => dismiss warning => pick ULGX => pick Start => pick game => pick Start
3) boot Wii U => pick ULGX forwarder => pick game => pick Start

Option 3) is clearly superior.
Good morning,

this is your choice ==>
https://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-gx-forwarder-channel-for-wii-u-menu.482595/

brass78

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Good day jeannotte, thanks for the link, unfortunately that forwarder only seems to work when installed to USB. In the end, the best solution was to install Aroma and compile a WUHB forwarder for UNEO using boot2vwii.

Last edited by brass78,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch