derWinky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hallo,
on saturday I decided to try to install homebrew on my WiiU.
I followed this Tutorial:
After doing that I can install games to the ssd I attatched to the bottom usb slot, but i can not install Updates, dlc or eshop games using that wup installer gx2 thingi I got from the Aroma app Store.
I Also can not install Updates by starting the game and loading it from normal Servers, it will always fail or sometimes it installs the update but i cant open the game anymore until I delete the update.
1000148172.jpg

1000148180.jpg

1000148181.jpg

The first Image says i can not install because of sigpatch missing.
Like mentioned in the tutorial I have the sigpatch in the Tiramisu path.
Do I also have to put it in the Aroma path and everything will magically work?
I hope someone here with more knowledge on that topic can help me out before I screw eveything up

Last edited by derWinky,

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The first Image says i can not install because of sigpatch missing.
So what's the question?

Do I also have to put it in the Aroma path and everything will magically work?
It might have been faster to just try that than asking but yes, you have to copy the sigpatches module from Tiramisu to Aroma.

derWinky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So what's the question?

It might have been faster to just try that than asking but yes, you have to copy the sigpatches module from Tiramisu to Aroma.
Well yeah, i'd just like to confirm before i go and break stuff.
I read stuff that rpx doesnt work in Aroma only in Tiramisu, Aroma uses some other stuff...
I did that and it kinda worked, but also doesnt.
I can install things I could not install earlier.
BUT. I already hat the Issue that installs will either not start at all and stay at 0MB or the just randomly stop while installing.
So far ive been mostly able to go into storage settings and when choosing usb it Auto detects that there are useless files and offers to delete them.
Worked fine, freed up space from failed installs and when trying to install again it sometimes worked. I was able to install Mario Bros U with update and dlc, NES Remix 1and 2, but Breath of the wild update and dlc and fast racing neo failed mid install. After failing mid install the are always stuck on 0MB now.
When I go into storage Settings it does detect useless data again, but it can not delete it anymore.
Now I can not install the games/Updates and also cant delete failed attempts to make them imstall again.

I hope someone knows what to do here.

EDIT: After I write this post I tried it again.
Data Settings still cant delete the useless Data, but when trying to isntall Zelda DLC again /Probably 10th time) it did actually start and wasnt instastuck at 0MB and while writing this even completely went through and successfully installed.
Trying the Zelda Update after that was insta stuck at 0MB again though

Last edited by derWinky,

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@derWinky Did you ever see a 160-0103 error screen?

Also do you try to install to NAND or USB?

In case of USB: What kind of strorage do you use (HDD, SSD, SD with adapter, USB stick, ...) and how is it connected (Just a normal USB cable, Y-cable, externally powered) ?

Reactions: derWinky

derWinky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@V10lator
At least I do not remember seeing thar error code.

I install to usb. I have an older 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Connected in a icybox Sata to 1x USB enclosure.
I chose this drive because ssds usually need less Power to run and are silent compared to HDDs.
At the moment I get no error code at all.
When i go to data Management in settings, i just get a Massage saying it ant delete the useless files it found and in the gx installer it just sits at 0mb for eternity.
Other games and Updates worked fine. Sometimes first try, sometimes after several tries and deleting the useless files.
Apparently for failed installs that now can not be deleted it just stays at 0 when trying to install.
I will upload a Video showing this issue in probably about half an hour.
Post automatically merged:

Here is the Video:

Attachments

• 20240125_203231.jpg
    20240125_203231.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 13
Last edited by derWinky,

derWinky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@V10lator thank you so much.
One of the reasons I went with this ssd instead of a harddrive is because ive already heared there are power issues with WiiU USB, but I was pretty sure it should be enough for a sata ssd.
I have a Icy Dock HDD cloning station with an external psu, so I tried the ssd in it and after reformating it worked just fine.
I bought a Y cable from Amazon hoping it will be enough and I dont have to use the clone station for eternity ^^

Thanks to you I will be able to have fun with my WiiU on the weekend.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240127_182719_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20240127_182719_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 11

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto