pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
I absolutely missed that part in decrypt9.
I play gba from emulator I guess I don't need to do the agb part right?
It's been a busy day should have done it on weekend.
But thanks for all the help! Appreciate it!
Nah you don't need to, its only for vc gba games. It's where the saves get stored. You only need to do it if it had saves in it. Otherwise just leave it be.

RaikouKun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone experienced their friends list freezing their console? When I open my Friends List on my O3DS it just freezes with the Friends List logo on the bottom screen. I am using emuNAND, AuReiNand 5.0, and I'm on 10.7.
I had some freezing, but I let it sit for a while and I got there.

BasedIndex

splendid
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Russia
You can skip the agb part but you'll never be able to play gba games as vc until you do. I suggest you do, you might regret it later.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think, I dunno lol
Nah you don't need to, its only for vc gba games. It's where the saves get stored. You only need to do it if it had saves in it. Otherwise just leave it be.
Two contradicting posts I don't even..
"you'll never be able to play gba games" Does it corrupt agb partition when I restore my emunand to sysnand?
"If you use a lot of gba games you will want to dump your sysnands agb save partition" Or is it just if I HAD saves in agb before?

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"you'll never be able to play gba games" Does it corrupt agb partition when I restore my emunand to sysnand?
"If you use a lot of gba games you will want to dump your sysnands agb save partition" Or is it just if I HAD saves in agb before?
But I also said "I dunno lol" so don't believe me if theres someone else who knows what theyre talking about lel

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
If you have saves(that you care about) you will want to dump it. Not dumping it just means you lose the saves, it won't corrupt anything.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The AGBSAVE partition is temporary storage for the currently running GBA VC game's savegame. After exiting the GBA game, its contents are copied to the SD card.

tl;dr if you aren't currently running a GBA VC game, the contents of the AGBSAVE partition aren't relevant.

Pokepicker

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If you're using a boot manager (BootCTR9, CtrBootmanager9, ARM9Select, etc.) to load Luma3DS, you won't be able to play GBA/DSiWare games, or certain games that need more RAM on the device (such as Super Smash Bros).

I have a question regarding starting GBA games. I seem to be getting a black screen with a message asking me to shut down the system when trying to boot GBA (Ambassador) titles.
Am I doing something wrong? As far as I know I am not using any kind of boot manager. I did back in the pre-a9lh days, but now I go straight to LumaCFW and into emuNAND.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I have a question regarding starting GBA games. I seem to be getting a black screen with a message asking me to shut down the system when trying to boot GBA (Ambassador) titles.
Am I doing something wrong? As far as I know I am not using any kind of boot manager. I did back in the pre-a9lh days, but now I go straight to LumaCFW and into emuNAND.
Actually, you will need to change the payloads to get DS(i)/GBA games to work. I used this site to download a pre-patched launcher
http://luma3ds.ericchu.net/

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, dumb question - what's the last release of ARN/Luma that allowed you to choose to block firmware patches? I need to revert back to a non-A9LH set up and I don't have a sysnand save that can work. (Just trying to get a stock copy of 9.2 and a sysnand back up from then.)

I will try the recovery mode (I'm on an o3DS) to force an update, but I'm already on 10.7.32 U.

Michierusama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, dumb question - what's the last release of ARN/Luma that allowed you to choose to block firmware patches? I need to revert back to a non-A9LH set up and I don't have a sysnand save that can work. (Just trying to get a stock copy of 9.2 and a sysnand back up from then.)

I will try the recovery mode (I'm on an o3DS) to force an update, but I'm already on 10.7.32 U.
DONT USE RECOVERY MODE. Sorry I almost had a heart attack.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States

restoring the pre a9lh nand backup with d9 will remove it. luma shouldnt block the firms in d9 as it isnt loaded

DONT USE RECOVERY MODE. Sorry I almost had a heart attack.

its only an issue with the n3ds

Michierusama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
restoring the pre a9lh nand backup with d9 will remove it. luma shouldnt block the firms in d9 as it isnt loaded

its only an issue with the n3ds
Ah great lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Why does Psi have PMS?