Not open for further replies.

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're not reinstalling the theme though, just the ticket[emoji14]
But the fact I am pointing out is "Use CHMM2 to select a theme and it will be persistent even with an eshop visit and only have to select that title once"
Or "Use the CIA file and install the theme and then select that theme with the theme manager and then visit the eshop and then go back and install the theme again and then go select it again and then repeat this step again and again and again"

I would rather just instal the theme ONCE and then forget about it.

Reactions: pbanj

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
But the fact I am pointing out is "Use CHMM2 to select a theme and it will be persistent even with an eshop visit and only have to select that title once"
Or "Use the CIA file and install the theme and then select that theme with the theme manager and then visit the eshop and then go back and install the theme again and then go select it again and then repeat this step again and again and again"

I was being pedantic.

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I see... The way I tested it last time was by uninstalling the update using DevMenu (which I installed previously with DevMenu as well) and redownloaded it using the update prompt.

Am I right to say that due to my previous install using DevMenu, that updated my ticket, thus I can download the patch again?
Yeah, that's correct.

cavolo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, just got my very first problem with luma :/
Wanted to launch ntr, but my console froze during the process (ofc, I have the right firmware.bin, not the first time that I use luma with ntr).
Shutdown, power up, luma splash img anndddd ... nothing but a black screen :(
Pull out the sd card, removed the config.bin, removed the firmware.bin (for ntr), updated luma to the latest commit, still nothing.

BUT, after some tries, it booted fine ?! So ... now it works, but it failed a few times, yes I know my post is near of the useless level, but if it comes back ? What can I do to see what ship happened ?
And its not the first time that the console froze, two times in gameplay (pokemon, without save hahaha) and here (but I supposed that was ntr fault ?)

XRaTiX

Trophies
XP
Country

I think it's depend on the person,I want the CIA because I can install the theme and show in the official theme menu (and select what I want in case I don't want a shuffle system),and I don't enter eshop often,so I don't really worried about it.
But for people that enter eshop too many times,indeed is much better installing by CHMM2.

AkGBA

Nope
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, just got my very first problem with luma :/
Wanted to launch ntr, but my console froze during the process (ofc, I have the right firmware.bin, not the first time that I use luma with ntr).
Shutdown, power up, luma splash img anndddd ... nothing but a black screen :(
Pull out the sd card, removed the config.bin, removed the firmware.bin (for ntr), updated luma to the latest commit, still nothing.

BUT, after some tries, it booted fine ?! So ... now it works, but it failed a few times, yes I know my post is near of the useless level, but if it comes back ? What can I do to see what ship happened ?
And its not the first time that the console froze, two times in gameplay (pokemon, without save hahaha) and here (but I supposed that was ntr fault ?)
Seems to be a faulty SD card.

BasedIndex

splendid
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Russia
The original post isn't really being helpful.
Hope someone can help me out.
So my 3ds hadnn't been used in like a month so I updated cfw to luma3ds.

How do I call my payloads? They are sitting in "luma/payloads" folder and are called x_Emunand9.bin etc.
When I launch 3ds with L+X nothing happens but sysnand loads for some reason.

Also I wanted to convert to sysnand from emunand. How do I do it? Do I have to backup my sdcard or is it a butter smooth process?
Cheers!!

edit:
the GITHUB wiki is sort of readable. Just a bit confusing as I am using it for the first time.

Last edited by BasedIndex,

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
The original post isn't really being helpful.
Hope someone can help me out.
So my 3ds hadnn't been used in like a month so I updated cfw to luma3ds.

How do I call my payloads? They are sitting in "luma/payloads" folder and are called x_Emunand9.bin etc.
When I launch 3ds with L+X nothing happens but sysnand loads for some reason.

Also I wanted to convert to sysnand from emunand. How do I do it? Do I have to backup my sdcard or is it a butter smooth process?
Cheers!!

edit:
the GITHUB wiki is sort of readable. Just a bit confusing as I am using it for the first time.
https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Other-features-and-notes

It tells you how to do it. I don't see how it can be confusing

BasedIndex

splendid
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Russia

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
I figured it out. Dunno why I wanted to press L, maybe L+sel thingy.

I'm interested in transferring emunand to sysnand without overwriting firm0/firm1. Also getting rid of that emunand would be great.

Any tips on that?
Thanks.
Make a bacup of your nands, use the flash to nand(keep a9lh) option in the sysnand options of decrypt9. If you use a lot of gba games you will want to dump your sysnands agb save partition first. After the emunand is done flashing go to the partition inject option and inject the sysnands agb save partition into the new sysnand

BasedIndex

splendid
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Russia
Make a bacup of your nands, use the flash to nand(keep a9lh) option in the sysnand options of decrypt9. If you use a lot of gba games you will want to dump your sysnands agb save partition first. After the emunand is done flashing go to the partition inject option and inject the sysnands agb save partition into the new sysnand
I absolutely missed that part in decrypt9.
I play gba from emulator I guess I don't need to do the agb part right?
It's been a busy day should have done it on weekend.
But thanks for all the help! Appreciate it!

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I absolutely missed that part in decrypt9.
I play gba from emulator I guess I don't need to do the agb part right?
It's been a busy day should have done it on weekend.
But thanks for all the help! Appreciate it!
You can skip the agb part but you'll never be able to play gba games as vc until you do. I suggest you do, you might regret it later.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think, I dunno lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: fuckin heavy storm over here