Hacking Loadline Gx2 5.5.0 backup launching issue. Help appreciated

apachehavok

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Hey everyone

US 5.5.0 wiiU. Self hosting the exploit and I can get it to run just fine.

Loads Gx2 with a set of backups showing great. All are named properly and in their proper folders (all are ready2play dumps)

Problem is some just don't work even though they say they work just fine under the compatibility chart. They will start to load but then black screen. I don't have a smash disk so I am using the miimaker method (select that during boot in Gx2)

I am getting a brand spanking new class 10 PNY highly reviewed 256gb card soon but for the time being I just have a basic class 4.

It seems only newer backups are not working as some of the older games work great (game I name the games here or no?)

Should all the backups that work on earlier firmwares work on 5.5.x?

What are my steps in trying to figure out whats going on?

Any help would be amazing!

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might need to change some file names for out of region games. Maybe try different dumps too. Also maybe you need an update to run the game.

apachehavok

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
"might need an update to run"!

That I'm guessing is my issue. I got everyone working on my own by browsing through the forums but can't for the life of me find out where I can update the games.

Any tuts on there for updates? Thanks a million!

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a few programs to download updates through nus, just put the files in the game sub folder on the sd over the old files

jigglesthefett

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.mindofageek.com
XP
Country
United States
I had to do a few things for a few games of mine. Pokken Tournament you need to remove the accented 'e' in Pokken, and replace it with a normal 'e' in order for that to work correctly. With Wonderful 101 and StarFox Zero they both needed an update, and for a big chunk of the audio to be repacked into an update file. Wonderful 101 was working BEFORE this happened, but we're talking like 45 minute load times. It was crazy.

As for how to do the updates. The primary loadiine thread has information on how to do so.

apachehavok

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Gotcha! Wondering why there isnt a (needs to be on xxx update) on the loadline compatibility thread. Ill be trying starfox this weekend once I get the bigger card. Thanks for that info!

So you are saying that once I have the update patch I can just overwrite the game files? I dont need to do the "update" folder things in loadline?

Ill find it myself but was wondering if you could provide the name of the program that grabs the patches from NUS.

Also, is there a way to tell if a game is just slow loading or your wiiU crashed?

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a way to install updates to your system with homebrew but I've heard that's for using a disk when you don't have eshop access, and for loadiine you're supposed to overwrite the files.

apachehavok

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Ok so for loadline you are supposed to overwrite the files? In the GX2 info they mention an update folder? Is that just for real time patching?

How do I go about getting the updates via the NUS servers?

Thanks!

apachehavok

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
For example.

Kirby works perfectly fine. Same with Mario Tennis and the Toad game.

But when trying Star Fox Guard and Mario Party 10, I just get a black screen when booting. Do they just take a long time to load or do I have other issues?

Thanks for the info!

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Well the thing is instead of overwriting the games, GX2 has a feature in which you can place updates in the wiiu/games/GameTitle/updates/v[number] and you place your patch files inside the ex: v2 folder and when you select the game, you have the option before launch to choose the update folder, v2 will show up on that list and you can organize your updates folder that way. So incase a game stops working after an update or requires SSB launch to work, you can easily revert back to original state without the need for a pc.

apachehavok

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Awesome, so its a non destructive way to applying the patches. Amazing!

I wonder though if my problem is the fact that I need the backups patched or if its something else.

Does anyone have mario party 10 or star fox guard working?

apachehavok

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
When you say load, do you mean a black screen load? Or does the image appear right when you launch it and it just sits there while loading?

Thanks!

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Im having the same problems with certain games, I have tried updating them by overwriting the files in loadiine and some of them have worked but theres a couple that i just cannot get working.

As i side question, Do i need to decrypt the update files i download from NUSgrabber?

Last edited by nikeymikey,

apachehavok

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Understand playable, but as they are loading, what is shown in the screen? Is it black or has any sort of game image at all?

looseless

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Understand playable, but as they are loading, what is shown in the screen? Is it black or has any sort of game image at all?
There's a loading screen and shortly after a screen that ask me to press A.

Im having the same problems with certain games, I have tried updating them by overwriting the files in loadiine and some of them have worked but theres a couple that i just cannot get working.

As i side question, Do i need to decrypt the update files i download from NUSgrabber?
Yes you have to decrypt them, but there's no need to overwrite anymore.

apachehavok

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Ok thanks for the info.

I wonder if there are just some games that will not work on 5.5.x that worked on earlier FW's?

Nikey, what games are not working for you?

Right now, star fox guard and mario party 10 are not working. Anyone have them working on 5.5.x? If so, what version, what updates and smash or miimaker?

Thanks!

sTo0z

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mario Party 10 worked for me just now.

5.5.1 US console.
Mario Party 10 US.
Loadiine GX2 latest nightly.
Mii Maker mode.

Originally I tried to load with update v16 but it froze on main menu.
Tried again without loading any update and I'm now in the game, able to move around the menus and start a game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT