• Replies 6,197
  • Likes 132

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone,

it was a very long way to this point but now we have a good starting point for a open beta. It has the main features implemented. The compatibility should be the same as on v4. Most of the things needed to know are written on the front page by @Cyan (thanks). It should be working equivalent to 5.3.2 and 5.4.0 and has two launching methods, one mainly for developers as we dont want to write the executable everytime to SD and one for users where the launching is faster.

The SD Loading will later be changed to a real launcher. I plan to add a small GUI to it and also support launching other ELFs. But thats for the future.

The new Loadiine GX2 shows the usuage of GX2 and other nice libraries. It should be very simple for developers to start a 3D game homebrew or some application GUI homebrew from that. I will also provide a separate library to have a quick start on 2D GUIs later. Right now this is what I managed to do with the little free I had.

Well lets start testing and try to bring a good and stable release for the new Loadiine GX2.
So here it is:
https://github.com/dimok789/loadiine_gx2/releases/tag/open_beta

I hope you guys will have fun testing it as we had fun building it up.

EDIT:
One more thing to the developers out there:
You will need the portlibs and libogc packages I provided on the site within your devkitPro path to compile the source code.

Last edited by dimok,

Masterwin

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hey everyone,

it was a very long way to this point but now we have a good starting point for a open beta. It has the main features implemented. The compatibility should be the same as on v4. Most of the things needed to know are written on the front page by @Cyan (thanks). It should be working equivalent for 5.3.2 and 5.4.0 and has two launching methods, one mainly for developers as we dont want to write the executable everytime to SD and one for users where the launching is faster.

The SD Loading will later be changed to a real launcher. I plan to add a small GUI to it and also support launching other ELFs. But thats for the future.

The new Loadiine GX2 shows the usuage of GX2 and other nice libraries. It should be very simple for developers to start a 3D game homebrew or some application GUI homebrew from that. I will also provide a separate library to have a quick start on 2D GUIs later. For this is what I managed to do with the little free I have.

Well lets start testing and try to bring a good and stable release for the new Loadiine GX2.
So here it is:

THX!!!!! you are the best!!!

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone,

it was a very long way to this point but now we have a good starting point for a open beta. It has the main features implemented. The compatibility should be the same as on v4. Most of the things needed to know are written on the front page by @Cyan (thanks). It should be working equivalent to 5.3.2 and 5.4.0 and has two launching methods, one mainly for developers as we dont want to write the executable everytime to SD and one for users where the launching is faster.

The new Loadiine GX2 shows the usuage of GX2 and other nice libraries. It should be very simple for developers to start a 3D game homebrew or some application GUI homebrew from that. I will also provide a separate library to have a quick start on 2D GUIs later. Right now this is what I managed to do with the little free I had.

So here it is:

Awesome job! Just a quick question - is it possible to implement a way to have saves still route to internal nand? Not asking you to develop it, just if its possible technically?

kenryuakuma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone,

So here it is:

Dimok, will that be possible for us to have a Loadiine to be launched in offline mode in the future? Cuz really don't want to set up the connection for fear of updating the Wii U firmware.
Besides it would be good to bypass the darn firmware update in the game if we want to play the original game but would like to stay on the lowest firmware possible.

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dimok, will that be possible for us to have a Loadiine to be launched in offline mode in the future? Cuz really don't want to set up the connection for fear of updating the Wii U firmware.
Besides it would be good to bypass the darn firmware update in the game if we want to play the original game but would like to stay on the lowest firmware possible.
Host it locally + manual fake DNS like 192.192.192.192
You Wii U should only be able to access stuff from your own network

Thanks for this new version guys :)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
will that be possible for us to have a Loadiine to be launched in offline mode in the future?
Or you can use a SD-wifi card.
There's a thread in this forum's section about such cards.
You can connect to the card from the browser and load html files from it.

It's late here in europe, so we will check all your questions and issues tomorrow.
Have fun

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My question is, what's the difference between the SD_package and the browser_package? They both have a folder called www, which means both expect you to self host (which I'm fine with using my wifi SD card, also happy that it's still useful and not obsolete)

I just don't see the difference between the two, one includes a directory for an elf file.

Is the browser_package only for those who want to make a public server?

Last edited by MattKimura,

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
My question is, what's the difference between the SD_package and the browser_package? They both have a folder called www, which means both expect you to self host (which I'm fine with using my wifi SD card, also happy that it's still useful and not obsolete)

I just don't see the difference between the two, one includes a directory for an elf file.

Is the browser_package only for those who want to make a public server?

speed to start. GX2 is around 3mb in size so it takes a while to transfer that across the network. If the majority of the files are loaded on the sdcard, you will get to GX2 much faster. If you're a dev, than it works better to always just download from the network.

kenryuakuma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or you can use a SD-wifi card.
There's a thread in this forum's section about such cards.
You can connect to the card from the browser and load html files from it.

It's late here in europe, so we will check all your questions and issues tomorrow.
Have fun

Host it locally + manual fake DNS like 192.192.192.192
You Wii U should only be able to access stuff from your own network

Thanks for this new version guys :)

Well...One of the questions I would like to ask if we will get the race attack like other previous loadiines? In other word, do we have to try several times for the exploit to work (turn the Wii U console on & off) esp the first time when the Wii U console is set up?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E