This is my output

upload_2017-8-11_18-3-35.png

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The installer should've added something to your PATH, but for some reason it didn't.
You should go to My Computer → Advanced → Environment Variables → System Variables and see if you can find at least the DEVKITPRO variable. If they are present, just append the following to your PATH:
Code:
%DEVKITPRO%\msys\bin;
Otherwise, just run the installer again and make sure you don't accidentally disable the env. variables this time, then reboot.

P.S.: you could just add them manually instead of running the installer once more, but I'm not sure what should be. Perhaps DEVKITPRO should contain the path where you installed devkitPro (e.g. "C:\dev\devkitPro;").

Last edited by nastys,

chalupabatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The installer should've added something to your PATH, but for some reason it didn't.
You should go to My Computer → Advanced → Environment Variables → System Variables and see if you can find at least the DEVKITPRO variable. If they are present, just append the following to your PATH:
Code:
%DEVKITPRO%\msys\bin;
Otherwise, just run the installer again and make sure you don't accidentally disable the env. variables this time, then reboot.

P.S.: you could just add them manually instead of running the installer once more, but I'm not sure what should be. Perhaps DEVKITPRO should contain the path where you installed devkitPro (e.g. "C:\dev\devkitPro;").

That allowed the make command to run, but gave me an error as the process was running?

upload_2017-8-11_18-24-36.png

and mys tack dump is:

MSYS-1.0.17 Build:2011-04-24 23:39
Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION at eip=6085A9DA
eax=60E94F54 ebx=00000000 ecx=00000000 edx=60E94F58 esi=0062E730 edi=6F736F72
ebp=0062EB38 esp=0062D720 program=C:\devkitPro\msys\bin\make.exe
cs=0023 ds=002B es=002B fs=0053 gs=002B ss=002B
Stack trace:
Frame Function Args
0062EB38 6085A9DA (00000000, 0062EBA0, 6F736F72, 0A036E30)
0062EB68 6085CDB6 (00000000, 00000003, 0062EBA0, 6F736F72)
0062EB88 6080E236 (0062EBA0, 6F736F72, 00000000, 00000000)
0062EFB8 60882726 (63694D2F, 6F736F72, 44207466, 442F584E)
9858720 [main] make 11492 handle_exceptions: Error while dumping state (probably corrupted stack)

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That allowed the make command to run, but gave me an error as the process was running?

View attachment 95389

and mys tack dump is:

MSYS-1.0.17 Build:2011-04-24 23:39
Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION at eip=6085A9DA
eax=60E94F54 ebx=00000000 ecx=00000000 edx=60E94F58 esi=0062E730 edi=6F736F72
ebp=0062EB38 esp=0062D720 program=C:\devkitPro\msys\bin\make.exe
cs=0023 ds=002B es=002B fs=0053 gs=002B ss=002B
Stack trace:
Frame Function Args
0062EB38 6085A9DA (00000000, 0062EBA0, 6F736F72, 0A036E30)
0062EB68 6085CDB6 (00000000, 00000003, 0062EBA0, 6F736F72)
0062EB88 6080E236 (0062EBA0, 6F736F72, 00000000, 00000000)
0062EFB8 60882726 (63694D2F, 6F736F72, 44207466, 442F584E)
9858720 [main] make 11492 handle_exceptions: Error while dumping state (probably corrupted stack)
I have no idea how to fix that (besides moving to the WSL/Linux version of devkitPro), but I have managed to create an xdelta patch that you can easily apply to the original fw.img. This way we won't break any rules and you won't have to build it yourself.
Just make sure the md5 is correct using the tool of your choice.

https://mega.nz/#!Ak5lRaDY!ecgj3puF_-ugRIHm8-je0sz4pxiwosUq9HBQ-4i5KgM

Last edited by nastys,
Reactions: chalupabatman

chalupabatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea how to fix that (besides moving to the WSL/Linux version of devkitPro), but I have managed to create an xdelta patch that you can easily apply to the original fw.img. This way we won't break any rules and you won't have to build it yourself.
Just make sure the md5 is correct using the tool of your choice.

https://mega.nz/#!Ak5lRaDY!ecgj3puF_-ugRIHm8-je0sz4pxiwosUq9HBQ-4i5KgM

I do not have the original fw.img tho :( -- I have even scanned my SD card for hidden files and do not see it.

I am not sure what WSL is but I run Ubuntu on a PC and if attempting this on a Linux machine is easier I am more than happy to try that route.

Last edited by chalupabatman,

chalupabatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's in the iosuhax-master/bin folder. If you don't have it, just run getfwimg.py ;)

Such a simple solution!

So I have used the xdelta you created and patched my fw.img - do I just copy that to the root of my SD Card?

Then....on my pc i tried to run wupclient.py which opens a command prompt for roughly 15 seconds then closes it?

chalupabatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. Put it on root of SD card and hold a while booting HaxChi

Then....on my pc i tried to run wupclient.py which opens a command prompt for roughly 15 seconds then closes it?

I have modified the IP address in the .py file and attempted to run via a command line - but I get this error when I run it

A connection attempt failed because the connection party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

And the command I used to try to run was python -i wupclient.py

chalupabatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have modified the IP address in the .py file and attempted to run via a command line - but I get this error when I run it

A connection attempt failed because the connection party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

And the command I used to try to run was python -i wupclient.py

What am I missing here?

thewhitetyger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What am I missing here?
Try running the cmd.exe with admin privileges... go to search in windows, type cmd.exe but don't left click it, instead right click and locate the option to "Run as Administrator". This might give you the ability to get it working. Just a suggestion, hope it helps your endeavors. Wish you luck, this situation gives me the idea to do something similar in case our console is accidentally updated as well. (already got SEEPROM, but my luck works like Murphy's law, if it can go wrong, it WILL go wrong.)

chalupabatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try running the cmd.exe with admin privileges... go to search in windows, type cmd.exe but don't left click it, instead right click and locate the option to "Run as Administrator". This might give you the ability to get it working. Just a suggestion, hope it helps your endeavors. Wish you luck, this situation gives me the idea to do something similar in case our console is accidentally updated as well. (already got SEEPROM, but my luck works like Murphy's law, if it can go wrong, it WILL go wrong.)

Thanks for the tip, but same result when running the command in an elevated command prompt. :(

Is port 1337 always the port? Also, if I open a command prompt, I can ping the IP of the wii u that I am trying to use wup with

I am using python 3.5, I read somewhere that wupclient only works on python 2.5, is that an accurate statement?

thewhitetyger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the tip, but same result when running the command in an elevated command prompt. :(
Damn, thought for sure that would work for you... ahh so not a newb when it comes to Winblows operations and such, excellent. So, the CMD window SHOULD now remain open, what is the output you are getting?

Is port 1337 always the port?
Fairly sure it is, will double check...

I am using python 3.5, I read somewhere that wupclient only works on python 2.5, is that an accurate statement?
Not sure about that one, Searching for that answer now. Been reading this thread and my heart goes out to ya, so now I'm on a quest to try to help out as well. :D Will post once I figure this stuff out.

I am half tempted to load our WiiU with a similar botched setup and do what you are doing to see if it works or where you might be having trouble.

EDIT: Maybe this program might help out some instead of dealing with command prompt only... I really need to study this information since this is a very unique situation. I do believe like the others here that this is fixable.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wupclient-mod.448768/

EDIT #2: comments suggest this GUI has many bugs and errors though some claim they saw none either way it may or may not be easier for you, but it can't hurt to try right?

Last edited by thewhitetyger,

chalupabatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, thought for sure that would work for you... ahh so not a newb when it comes to Winblows operations and such, excellent. So, the CMD window SHOULD now remain open, what is the output you are getting?

Fairly sure it is, will double check...

Not sure about that one, Searching for that answer now. Been reading this thread and my heart goes out to ya, so now I'm on a quest to try to help out as well. :D Will post once I figure this stuff out.

I am half tempted to load our WiiU with a similar botched setup and do what you are doing to see if it works or where you might be having trouble.

EDIT: Maybe this program might help out some instead of dealing with command prompt only... I really need to study this information since this is a very unique situation. I do believe like the others here that this is fixable.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wupclient-mod.448768/

EDIT #2: comments suggest this GUI has many bugs and errors though some claim they saw none either way it may or may not be easier for you, but it can't hurt to try right?

I saw this post, and unfortunately I can not even get the GUI to launch when I try use the command prompt to run wupclientmod.py :(

And the output I am getting is roughly after 12 seconds I get an error that shows:

This is the exact error - which is what led me to ask if the port was correct since I have verified numerous times I am using the proper IP
htDsga
-- and my ip and port info from the python script are - def __init__(self, ip='192.168.5.42', port=1337):

https://ibb.co/htDsga

Edit - I also feel confident that the fw.img was loaded as when I go into System Settings on the wii U it shows 99.99.99 Uin the top right corner, but if I do not launch Haxchi and go into System settings in the top right corner it shows 5.5.2 U

thewhitetyger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, you know what you have said, so i won't bother to quote for the time being...

First, use netstat to scan the IP for any open listening ports, if 1337 shows up as listening, then WUPserver is running on the WiiU, if it doesn't then it may not be running and maybe that's why you can't connect to the WiiU. a quick search should find you a page that give specifics on how to do this, since I am not familiar with the policies on this site as to external links.

Also, look up "hexkyz" on github and you should find a hexFW repository. The description reads that one of the fw.img files, if I read it correctly, can load a semi-recovery menu with the ability to dump your SEEPROM, if so, then there is your golden ticket to total restoration of Haxchii. If it needs to be compiled, I would suggest to use linux, or if need be, I can try to compile it for you and send it through a PM, if no admins object to that of course.

Very weird that your IP range is 192.168.5.x instead of 192.168.1.x...

One more thing, I read that the WUPserver would only be ran through the browser exploit, but since you have a way to be able to load fw.img files, if you get one compiled then it should work. If I were you, I would try to do a web search for "fw.img binary" and see if you can find a copy elsewhere on the nets. Still trying to read up on things to see if you got everything right so far, AFAIK.

EDIT: here ya go, Python 3.5 can be used, so there shouldn't be any problems there it seems.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/building-iosuhax-on-windows.447023/

thewhitetyger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, you know what you have said, so i won't bother to quote for the time being...

First, use netstat to scan the IP for any open listening ports.

Fail on my part, that will only scan your local PC, not any external IP address. I forgot the command for the right tool that DOES scan other IP address for open ports, you may need to do another web search to find a program/app that will scan the WiiU on your local network, my fault. It's late for me, a bit sleepy. Guess I need to leave this to otehr qualified members of these forums. I had excellent help from a member and I'm trying to "pay it forward" so to speak.

thewhitetyger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend and I are talking about this situation, he is asking if you are able to go to your SD card from your PC and go into the following folder: "sd:/haxchi"? if there IS a folder in the SD card, there should be a config file of some type. He says that the file is useless, but you can at least see what all configs were used when it was initially setup.

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

First, use netstat to scan the IP for any open listening ports, if 1337 shows up as listening, then WUPserver is running on the WiiU, if it doesn't then it may not be running and maybe that's why you can't connect to the WiiU. a quick search should find you a page that give specifics on how to do this, since I am not familiar with the policies on this site as to external links.

Also, look up "hexkyz" on github and you should find a hexFW repository. The description reads that one of the fw.img files, if I read it correctly, can load a semi-recovery menu with the ability to dump your SEEPROM, if so, then there is your golden ticket to total restoration of Haxchii. If it needs to be compiled, I would suggest to use linux, or if need be, I can try to compile it for you and send it through a PM, if no admins object to that of course.

Very weird that your IP range is 192.168.5.x instead of 192.168.1.x...

One more thing, I read that the WUPserver would only be ran through the browser exploit, but since you have a way to be able to load fw.img files, if you get one compiled then it should work. If I were you, I would try to do a web search for "fw.img binary" and see if you can find a copy elsewhere on the nets. Still trying to read up on things to see if you got everything right so far, AFAIK.

EDIT: here ya go, Python 3.5 can be used, so there shouldn't be any problems there it seems.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/building-iosuhax-on-windows.447023/
I tried to build hexFW (on Ubuntu) but I got an error. I think the makefile might be the culprit. If I manage to fix that, I'll make another xdelta patch.

By the way, @chalupabatman when you load IOSUHAX you should see something on the top-left corner of the GamePad's display.
If you can't connect to the wupserver, maybe your network wasn't set up correctly or wupserver has to be started somehow...

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
User has no original fw.img.

@thewhitetyger

Users config is already posted multiple times in this thread. Its this (hence the problem):

a=fw.img
b
default=sysmenu

You can see there is no HBL in the users HaxChi config

Reactions: thewhitetyger

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o