Hacking Homebrew Is there a Tiramisu Homebrew app installer for Haxchi?

DecoTheEpicGuy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I am trying to upgrade my Wii U from Haxchi to Tiramisu, but my father does not accept the browser method, because he is worried all the homebrew apps will be detected by Nintendo and ban him.

Is there any Homebrew app that upgrades Haxchi to Tiramisu

Reactions: cloud-strife777

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No. You will have to uninstall haxchi using the correct method and then re-mod with tiramasu using the approved guide.

And tell your Dad to grow up lol :rofl2:

• Haha
Reactions: jeannotte

DecoTheEpicGuy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No. You will have to uninstall haxchi using the correct method and then re-mod with tiramasu using the approved guide.

And tell your Dad to grow up lol :rofl2:
Duh, not my fault, it was modded by some sketchy guy who also put in a bunch of pirated games.
The sketchy guy also told it would brick the console...

Is it really safe to do so? is there a way to check if connecting to the internet will really brick/ban the console? i just want it to be Stable!

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think a now dead console with plenty of pirated online gaming and cheating over its lifetime would be proof enough so yes it is safe and no there is no way to check. I don't even know how such an idea would work?

I'd suggest you read through the haxchi instructions as uninstall info is there and then thoroughly read through the link below.

https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/

The process is easy, just familiarise yourself with it before jumping in and getting stuck or confused.

Reactions: jeannotte

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Duh, not my fault, it was modded by some sketchy guy who also put in a bunch of pirated games.
The sketchy guy also told it would brick the console...

Is it really safe to do so? is there a way to check if connecting to the internet will really brick/ban the console? i just want it to be Stable!
I dont think Nintendo has banned a Wii U in years at this point. Unless they did for online cheaters. Just follow the guide and everything will be fine.

DecoTheEpicGuy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How many people you thnk made the move to Tiramisu & Aroma? None of them even get banned. Nintendo stopped caring about this console years ago.

But hey! You could be the 1st to get banned from this. Yolo!
You all have convinced me to do so! Will do as long as my father lets me.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As others said Nintendo won't ban you for going online with a hacked Wii U but if that is not enough to convince your dad what about the fact that Nintendo will ban all and every Wii U owner aka shut down the online services in 4 months anyway? See https://en-americas-support.nintend...of-online-services-for-nintendo-3ds-and-wii-u for more information.

//EDIT: Also why is you dad even upset about a theoretical online ban when the Wii U will be used exclusively offline anyway?

//EDIT²: I'm btw the author of NUSspli, so someone from the deeps of the Nintendo pirating scene. NUSspli is one of my proves that Nintendo doesn't give a shit about the Wii U: It advertises itself to the Nintendo servers! In other words: Whenever someone downloads something through NUSspli Nintendo sees this! They get the IP and prove that it wasn't eShop but NUSspli serverd on a silver tablet.
Now NUSspli exists since around 4 years, it has a big user base with thousands of people using it daily. Still we have zero reports of users getting banned by Nintendo. So when people like me say you won't get banned we base this on technical details (which I didn't even get into) + years of experience from thousands to millions of people. That "sketchy guy" you mentioned on the other hand... Well. he might have heared that you will get banned for going online with hacked gaming consoles, not even connected to Nintendo nor the Wii U... And he just passed by that hear-saying instead of investigating for himself.

Last edited by V10lator,

DecoTheEpicGuy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
//EDIT: Also why is you dad even upset about a theoretical online ban when the Wii U will be used exclusively offline anyway?

Simple, because he doesn't trust anyone, only shady people who mods consoles in outdated forms.
I really want to convince him, but it seems like there isn't a way to do so.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Tell him to read this, please:
I asked why he's concerned cause even if the console would get banned it wouldn't know that it's banned. See, it would work like that:
- You uninstall Haxchi
- You go online with your console one time to do the exploit. - That's what your dad is concerned about, right?
- You disconnect the console from the internet again and use it exclusively offline just like you do now.
- Nintendo does a ban-wave next months, banning your console in that wave.
- Nintendo servers try to reach the console, informing it that it had been banned. - This fails as the console is offline.
So yea, even if Nintendo would ban cause of you going to a website with stock firmware (For real: Why should they see this as malicious action? They added the web browser for a reason. And at the point you go to that website Haxchi had been uninstalled already and Tiramisu isn't installed yet, so you are running stock firmware) your console won't know this! It will continue to work just like before.

Beside that there's still the elefant in the room. That elefant beeing Nintendo shutting down online services anyway:
1702218270345.png

(Source: https://en-americas-support.nintend...of-online-services-for-nintendo-3ds-and-wii-u )

So what's the difference between beeing banned and between online services shutting down?

And lastly, what you quoted: When you use the console offline only WHY THE HELL be concerned about what happens online? They will ban you from things like playing Mario Kart 8 online but all these things are things you're not doing cause of the fear of getting banned anyway, right? So you have nothing to loose.
As a fact you lost a shitload of fun in online sessions last years thanks to your fear of getting banned from online sessions... Really, think about that...

//EDIT: I mean... For real... Can't make this more clear: You're not using online services cause you fear you will loose online services while doing so? You fear you are getting banned from services you are not using cause... Well, cause you fear you could get banned from using them? YOU ARE BANNING YOURSELF right now, can't you see this?

Last edited by V10lator,
Reactions: Lostbhoy

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So that pratically means my father letting some modder temporarily ban the console?
Well, it isn't really banned but not using online services and beeing banned from them is no big difference, right? So yea, in my eyes your dad "bans" the console cause he fears otherwise Nintendo could do it, which doesn't make much sense.
Post automatically merged:

i might have to do it on my OWN
For that you should check what firmware the console is on (you see this in the upper right corner in the settings app). Then you should check if there's any update block and if so remove it. See https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/unblock-updates (with the old methods that modder used it might be a DNS block, if any). After that check if it's just Haxchi or CBHC. CBHC you must uninstall: https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/uninstall-cbhc
Now that you're running on stock firmware do a firmware update in case there is some. After that follow https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/tiramisu/sd-preparation to install Tiramisu.

Last edited by V10lator,

DecoTheEpicGuy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, it isn't really banned but not using online services and beeing banned from them is no big difference, right? So yea, in my eyes your dad "bans" the console cause he fears otherwise Nintendo could do it, which doesn't make much sense.

For that you should check what firmware the console is on (you see this in the upper right corner in the settings app). Then you should check if there's any update block and if so remove it. See https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/unblock-updates (with the old methods that modder used it might be a DNS block, if any). After that check if it's just Haxchi or CBHC. CBHC you must uninstall: https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/uninstall-cbhc
Now that you're running on stock firmware do a firmware update in case there is some. After that follow https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/tiramisu/sd-preparation to install Tiramisu.
Sure thing, will do.

DecoTheEpicGuy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

I am sorry, but im pretty scared of doing so.. nevermind, i gotta convince my father.

Anyway, the firmware version is 5.5.3U, i am checking the whole console for some information.

I'd also like to point out that the main reasons he is afraid i want to do so is these.

1. He potrays upgrading CFW setups dangerous and useless, especially when it is connected to the WiFI.
2. He is worried of it bricking itself, or getting the console banned, even though all im going to do is just enter an URL, and then disconnect the Wii U from online usage once im done.
3. There is no need to do so, the console is working fine in his vision.
4. He is worried of our.. ahem, pirated games vanishing off the console (pirated games are disgusting by the way just pointing that out)

I dont think all of that makes sense, since i am planning on blocking Nintendo's servers to upgrade the console, and i'll do it without the HDD, which has all the games installed (EXCEPT for the emulators which i have installed myself onto the SD card)

He has also seen me upgrade the CFW setup of or mod a lot of consoles, and i mean a lot, and he is all paranoid because of the money.

Should've just asked me to mod it instead of a sketchy guy which claims connecting it to the Internet will destroy the console to bits.

This has also happened to the 3DS, which i haven't connected to the Internet for years, before ultimately doing so for Homebrew App Shops, and it was all fine.

Last edited by DecoTheEpicGuy,

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1) What's the danger except having state of the art software running?
Does the console crash randomly sometimes? That's btw cause of Haxchi... So updating makes the console more stable, allows to run better homebrews and more... Is your dad also still using Windows 95 cause updating makes no sense?
2) Haxchi has a way higher brick risk than Tiramisu... Rest has been told multiple times already
3) See 1)... Like these random crashes are fine? Does he even know that each crash has a chance to brick the console?
4) They won't vanish but even If they would there's software to restore it... But guess what? Said software doesn't run on such horribly outdated CFWs like Haxchi.
Won't say anything about your toxic piracy statement through (told you who I am already, so let me sail my ship in peace).

I'm out of this now... It's all talking in circles and neither you nor your dad are really listening...
Wish both of you all the best. :)

• Love

DecoTheEpicGuy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
UPDATE: I have upgraded it to Tiramisu with the permission of my father since he finally got convinced.

Thanks yall!

4) They won't vanish but even If they would there's software to restore it... But guess what? Said software doesn't run on such horribly outdated CFWs like Haxchi.
My father recently told me i improved the system by making some games work!
I literally made him proud.

Oh and i said piracy was disgusting to make me innocent, but if it is allowed in the website in terms of people who support it, then im not disguising myself.

Last edited by DecoTheEpicGuy,
  • Haha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto