Safe to play multiplayer games online on hacked console?

vile7083

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Tiramisu installed on my wii-u, and retail copy of mario kart 8 (disk), plus some backups I've downloaded online and installed.

Is it safe to play these games online, or will Nintendo detect the backup, the hack, or other stuff installed such as homebrew apps and ban me and delete all the content I've bought from them and downloaded?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have played online with Tiramisu before (even on games I may or may not have acquired legitimately) and I have not been banned yet. This is just my experience though, and there is always a risk for a ban when using a hacked console (not sure how detectable different CFWs are). Also be sure your mods are wifi safe if using any, and be aware that using mods and cheats greatly increases your risk for a ban when playing online.

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Playing online with backups on a hacked Wii U is safe.

Playing online with mods on a hacked Wii U is not safe.

It's like the only console you can play backups online.

Reactions: Pachee

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
It's like the only console you can play backups online.
Nah. Even the 3ds "allowed" to play pirated games online as long as you don't cheat there. And also the wii. And the wii was a joke. Pirated copies could be played online and even cheating was easily possible. Nintendo simply wasn't interested in that. With mkwii in particular, you were often in lobbies that were full of hackers. Good ol' days

Reactions: Pachee

vile7083

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, with Sony they are pretty strict. Many games, even retail they don't recommend playing online. And there are programs to circumvent detection but somehow some of the more popular games can still detect CFW and they report to Sony for a ban. Mostly to stop cheating, but it's really for any hacks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    linuxares @ linuxares: Nintendo be malding at that