Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So..this is what Miyamoto meant when he said "A Pikmin was in the works" at E3?
..................I think somebody is going to be killed now. Excuse me.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is it just me or are Nintendo really showing that they're running out of ideas? They should be pumping out new games and IP's with the success of the Wii and DS.

Instead they're just porting old games and tacking on waggle...

Shame they'll sell thousands of copies.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
shaunj66 said:
Is it just me or are Nintendo really showing that they're running out of ideas? They should be pumping out new games and IP's with the success of the Wii and DS.

"Hmm. Ya know, I don't think the masses realize it can play GameCube games."
"Yeah. I mean a lot of good games are pretty cheap now afterall..."
"Let's take advantage of that before they catch on!!!"
"OKAY!!!!"
*Tacks on shitty slogan and rereleases games again*

12-it-still-prints-money.gif

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
shaunj66 said:

Did you see the 2008/2009 lineup trailer?
Nintendo has a bunch of new IPs in the works that look really neat.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
The GC has a lot of good games that never good the recognition they deserve.. like Pikmin.. also it has a lot of games that could take advantage of the Wii controls.. like Pikmin
tongue.gif

I think this is a very good idea, a lot of people skipped the GC and never played these games, and will now get them at a lower price and with potentially better controls..

But I agree with dice that they should be pumping more original Wii games.. although, with Nintendo's new policy of announcing games only 3 months before the release, we don't know what they could be working on.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It wouldn't be so bad if there were actually Gamecube games on the market now. Oh yes, we have 50 PS2 titles, but here's Madden 2006, Baten Kaitos Origins, and a Naruto game. Have at it!

The Walmart in my hometown is like this, just that BKO was the only one of the three I could remember. XD They even come with "Plays on the Wii!" stickers on the box...

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CockroachMan said:
The GC has a lot of good games that never good the recognition they deserve.. like Pikmin.. also it has a lot of games that could take advantage of the Wii controls.. like Pikmin
tongue.gif
You know what else could take advantage of the Wii controls? A new Pikmin!

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I already have 4 of 6 of those games.

I guess I need to buy the new "works on Wii" versions so I can play them on the Wii.

LAWL

CockroachMan

Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Gaisuto said:
CockroachMan said:
tongue.gif

Well, according to Miyamoto, they're making one
tongue.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I own the ones I want, I don't see how DK Jungle Beat would be any better without the Bongos so I'll skip that one. The others I'd pirate, Nintendo have already have £39.99 from me for each of those so fuck 'em.

B-Blue said:
I want Doshin the Giant
frown.gif
I'd love a sequel.

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
CockroachMan said:
Well.. this pic

donkey.jpg

Shows that the controls are being remade!
yaynds.gif
You think that's a good thing for that game?
unsure.gif

The controls for DK Jungle Beat were brilliant, I found it amazing how well bongo's could be used to control a side-scrolling game.
Now the controls would just be awkward, as you have a normal controller in your hands, yet you have to shake it for some reason instead of just using it as a controller. It didn't work for DK Barrel Blast and it's not going to work for Jungle Beat as well.
Which is a pity, DKJB was the best single player gamecube game made imo.

Didn't think those hearts were in the Gamecube version, were they? I wonder if anything else has changed...

CockroachMan

Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Monkey01 said:
CockroachMan said:
Well.. this pic

donkey.jpg

Shows that the controls are being remade!
yaynds.gif
You think that's a good thing for that game?
unsure.gif

The controls for DK Jungle Beat were brilliant, I found it amazing how well bongo's could be used to control a side-scrolling game.
Now the controls would just be awkward, as you have a normal controller in your hands, yet you have to shake it for some reason instead of just using it as a controller. It didn't work for DK Barrel Blast and it's not going to work for Jungle Beat as well.
Which is a pity, DKJB was the best single player gamecube game made imo.

Didn't think those hearts were in the Gamecube version, were they? I wonder if anything else has changed...

For that game? Hmm.. never played the original, probably not
tongue.gif

But you got to admit that it's a BIG plus for Metroid, Pikmin and Mario Tennis

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CockroachMan said:
Gaisuto said:
CockroachMan said:
tongue.gif

tongue.gif
See, that's the thing. His exact wording was "We're making Pikmin." For all we know he could of meant Wii-ing up the original. He never muttered the word "new" when he said it. I really wouldn't doubt that's what Miyamoto meant. Would I love to be wrong? Yes, but then why didn't they show it off last night?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well they didn't show the new Zelda and thats apparently in the works, same with New Super Mario Bros 2 but to be honest I reckon that this is what he meant when he said they were making Pikmin.

But then perhaps they didn't want the new Pikmin to over shadow the remakes?

Of course if it does well then at least there won't be any more excuses not to make a 3rd game. I always thought that the DS would get a new Pikmin title first anyway.

CockroachMan

Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Gaisuto said:
CockroachMan said:
Gaisuto said:
CockroachMan said:
tongue.gif

tongue.gif
See, that's the thing. His exact wording was "We're making Pikmin." For all we know he could of meant Wii-ing up the original. He never muttered the word "new" when he said it. I really wouldn't doubt that's what Miyamoto meant. Would I love to be wrong? Yes, but then why didn't they show it off last night?

Same reason they didn't showed Punch-out at E3.. it's not ready yet
tongue.gif

Reggie said they're not showing games that will be playable only one year from now anymore.. and Nintendo is really following this.. Wario Land and Rhythm Tengoku were announced 3 months before the release.. Punch-Out announced today is dated for Early 2009.. don't expect from Nintendo more announcements like the Twilight Princess one..

dogman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
metroid prime 1 and 2 use every god damned button on the controller! That was fixed in the third one using an upgradeable weapon system (as in the 2D metroids).

How could they plan on fixing that for the wiimakes? (and if they fix it by using upgradeable weapons, what about the final boss from mp1?)

CockroachMan

Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
So.. again.. just to confirm..

QUOTE said:
IGN: Nintendo announced a new series of GCN games that will be ported to Wii with updated controls out of Japan. Will this series be coming to America?

Cammie Dunaway: We're still talking about what we're going to launch when. It's certainly something that we've got under discussion.

IGN: One of those GCN rereleases for Wii is Pikmin. We just want to clarify that this is not Pikmin 3 that Miyamoto referenced at E3 2008.

Cammie Dunaway: It's not the Pikmin that Mr. Miyamoto referred to, no. Mr. Miyamoto referred to a new Pikmin, as opposed to the classics that are being rereleased on Wii.

source: http://au.wii.ign.com/articles/915/915864p1.html

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :( +1