Hacking List of all Gateway questions (9.2.0-20)

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I tested to see if they would work on the Device Card but no go. Only on the GW Card. Also, another fun fact, if you are using Codes on an Installed Game (CIA or one you actually got from the Nintendo Store, and you remove the GW Card, it will crash the Game. LOL

D

Deleted User

If i dump mk7 from my mk7 legit physical game cart does i need to change the header of the rom if i want to play online or the header from my game cart is already in the rom ?

Herald

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i'm going to receive my o3ds with firmware 7.2.0-12U around next week. How do i get started with gateway? (installing games, etc)

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an issue that I have no idea why it is happening and wanted to ask.

n3ds 1> Jap n3ds 9.2 w/ USA Emunand on 10.6 - RXtools works fine, and gateway works fine

n3ds2> US n3ds on 9.2 w/ emunand on 10.6 - Originally used with gateway, then only used rxtools, recently I updated from RXtools 9.6 to 10.6, but when I try enter the emunand via gateway, the SELECT game menu does NOT work on this n3ds. I have tried accessing via cubic ninja, as well as via browser hax, the emunand loads fine via gateway, but the SELECT does not work... I am using the same gateway card on both, anyone know why this is happening?

--EDIT--

Resolved, had incorrect version of launcher.dar

Last edited by Pecrow,

UsableGamer07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread has been updated to reflect the updates from Gateway 3.1.1 "Ultra" Public Beta

I think 3.1.1 is already quite stable for a New 3DS release, hence this FAQ has been updated:

Q) What version does this new exploit support?
A: This exploit support every 3DS version from 4.5 up to 9.2(J, U, E, anything)
For New 3DS, it supports from minimum 8.x until 9.2(J, U, E, anything)
The exploit using OoT and CN will not work for classic 3DS temporarily. Use the web exploit instead.
WARNING: 9.3.0-20 or 9.5.0(The latest version as of 19/03/2014) WILL NOT WORK. PLEASE DO NOT UPDATE.

Q) What are the features? I am too lazy to watch the video!
A: Emunand, MultiROM, Region Free, CIA Installation via DevMenu on the supported firmware version, FIRMWARE DOWNGRADING AND RESTORE NAND BACKUP TO SYSNAND(downgrade limited to classic 3ds only)

Q) Do we need to use an older console to update our card/Do I need to buy a new card for this?
A: http://i.imgur.com/SpW9uDq.png?1
Conclusion: No, you can use your new console to update your flashcart, and you do not need a 'new' gateway card for this exploit.
However, you will need either
1) A method to transfer save file to your GENUINE Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time GAMECART or
2) A Cubic Ninja GENUINE GAMECART
3) Sky3DS, with the method stated here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/howto-us...non-working-carts.383581/page-53#post-5399421

Q) What is EmuNAND?
A) It 'emulates' your system, so that you can update the 'emulated system' without fear of upgrading your 'real system', enabling you to access eshop/play games that will require minimum version of firmware, install CIAs without fearing that you will brick the console.

Q) Will EmuNAND be supported?
A: Yes it works

Q) Will this work on my 2ds/3ds/3dsxl/new3ds/new3dsxl?
A: As long as your version of firmware is included in the version supported, then YES

Q) Should I update to the latest version now?
A:
-If you are below version 4.x, then update to version 4.x,
-If you are at version 4.5-version 9.2, then stay there as you already can use this exploit.
- If you are at 9.3++, you can only pray hard for now since the exploit is probably already blocked at that version. :(

Q) (off-topic)Where can I buy a new 3ds/3ds LL(JAP)/ 3ds XL(AUS)?
A: tjexp provided links on japanese consoles: http://gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-3ds-working-on-the-new-nintendo-3ds.375107/page-9#post-5184185

I bought mine(Jap version 3DSLL) over superufo.com . They shipped within a day. The price is quite competitive too.

for AUS consoles, so far I only know play-asia.com. They are very overpriced.

WARNING: I AM NOT RELATED TO THE WEBSITES MENTIONED ABOVE AND I BEAR NO RESPONSIBLE IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES WITH THEM. I AM JUST PROVIDING SOME WAYS TO BUY YOUR NEW 3DS.

Some more added questions:
Q)

A)

Q) Will this exploit support 5.x - 8.x?

A) Nope, if you are on 4.5 just stay there, or if you are at 5.x-8.x then upgrade to 9.x(as mentioned on the supported firmware version)
A) It is now known that Gateway will support from 7.x to 9.2. It is still unknown whether the support will be there for 5.x up till 6.x.

A)YES.

Q)

A)

A)NO

Q) If my version is 9.2.0-20U will the Gateway work?

A)
Yes, your system will works fine, since the U/J/T/E is just region. The important part here are the numbers.

Q) What version does the New 3DS/3DS LL comes with?

A) I got mine Jap New 3DS LL personally recently, and I can confirm that mine comes with 8.x . I am not sure whether later batch will change, but I think you can safely assume for Jap is 8.x whereas for Aus version according to most of the forumers it will be 9.0. You can read a review of the Aus New 3DSXL HERE written by Ailan.

Q) Should I get a Jap or Aus N3DS/N3DSLL?

A) If you have enough money, I will suggest you to go for Aus N3DS, because according to most of the people here it will come with 9.0, and according to Gateway this version will work with the new exploit. If you get Aus N3DS, not only you do not need to worry about new update pushing out, you also do not need to learn how to read some basic Japanese language.

If you are not that wealthy(like me), get a Jap but make sure it ships fast. Most of the people say they got a version 8.x N3DS, and you will need to update it manually to 9.x. The problem is if Nintendo pushes out a new update(eg 9.3) you will never get to the supported firmware version, at least for a short while. Please also make sure you check the latest system version(link above) before you update in case the update get pushed out before you updates. If unfortunately Nintendo pushes out a new update and no one else seems to notice, please report it in this forum quickly to avoid more victims from doing so. Thanks.

It is now purely depending on which one you prefer, whether you will feel annoying reading Japanese(and the price of course). According to Gateway, support for 7.x up to 9.2 is already completed and therefore firmware version will no longer be an issue as long as you do not update it past 9.2.x. This is AS OF NOW(11/01/2015), as we will never know when Nintendo will start to ship console with 9.3 or higher.

Q) If I downgrade my system, will my save file be lost?
A) I read from somewhere(forgot the source sorry) that all saves will be intact and can still be played. However I am not very sure since there are no official statements yet. Please make sure you backed up(Just in case).

Hope this helps with some of the questions you might have. ;)

Hi, I am not a noob to Gateway Flashcart, but I am a noob to the N3DS Homebrew.

My question is how do I make my custom theme work in my Gateway mode? Thanks for your reply!

ceelo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, I recently installed the ability to play DS games using the gateway bluecard on my EMUNAND via FBI. I followed a guide at that place, and it worked well... but when I made a save and tried to go back in, the games all freeze. How can I fix this? Cant find a solution.

Blueie

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Say, the method of upgrading the Gateway emuNAND on a N3DS XL would be the same as on an O3DS, right? I'm asking this because I have an unlinked emuNAND on my N3DS XL that is on 9.0 and has the latest firmware update downloaded, but I haven't confirmed the prompt to install it yet, as I would like confirmation that it's safe. I've never upgraded this system's emuNAND; only my O3DS', but I assume it should be the same? There are no N3DS-specific caveats to take into account in this case, right?

Thank you :)

bitbite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just fired up my o3ds w/ gateway 3.01 and ofw 9.2 to play Paper mario and luigi and the new lego marvel and both freese/hang on the 3ds loading screen? Would this be because im on a lower fw than required for these games?

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just fired up my o3ds w/ gateway 3.01 and ofw 9.2 to play Paper mario and luigi and the new lego marvel and both freese/hang on the 3ds loading screen? Would this be because im on a lower fw than required for these games?
Go to gateway 3ds website and download the newest update 3.7.1 and after that if your emunand is low then upgrade it to 10.7 using system setting in emunand. Before upgrading make sure it has the letters "GW" next to the firmware in system settings before upgrading.

Seqa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
If I upgrade my firmware version to the newest one, will I be able to play newer games? The new harvest moon game (Story of seasons) or Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3 for example. :)

I'm now on the 2.0 release and have not used my Gateway since shorty after it came out. I haven't bothered with the whole EmuNand and all that. I have a DQM3 rom, but it does not appear when attempting to start it. I'm guessing it's too new.

Anyone? :D

Last edited by Seqa,

skrlegend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Pleasae noob question here, how can i use my gateway with arm9, i have it but no clue how to execute this, please if someone have a .cia to go in gateway mode or a tutorial to make it run, thanks in advance :D

Goofy Time

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figure I'd ask here; I have last updated my card since Yo-Kai Watch launched, so November-ish.

Would it be safe to do a full update? I also mean considering updating the firmware while it's in GW firmware.

RobotHelper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Would massively appreciate some help with getting Gateway up and running on my N3DS.

Issue is with Japanese N3DS 9.1.0-20J - Cannot open the Gateway menu

• Bought N3DS LL in Japan Jan 2016
    • Originally 10.3, downgraded to 9.1 using the guide at GBAtemp
    • Used oothax with a save dongle
    • This guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/noob-fri...w-10-7.418125/
    • It is noted there that another JP user ended up with 9.1 after using a 9.2 downgrade pack. That's what happened to me, too.
  • Followed GW manual
    • Formatted internal SD card to FAT32
    • Loaded launcher.dat onto it
    • Put the N3DS JP OoT save onto my cart
  • Tried to open Gateway menu
    • Launched OoT, saw the GW save there and loaded it
    • Hit A when ready
    • Screen freezes (still showing the game) and nothing happens

Any suggestions, anyone?

Thanks in advance, guys.

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hey guys,

Is it safe to update to the LATEST EMUNAND using Gateway?

Like, is the latest version released on Nintendo safe to update to in Emunand?

Please let me know. I wanna update a few games on my N3DS.

Edit: Nevermind, I checked Gateway's website. The latest firmware as of this post, 10.7, is Emunand compatible :)

Last edited by GaaraPrime,

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so when GW Releases their next big Update that has the ability to run on FWs up to 10.3, here is a Highlighted List of what Games have the Update needed so you can get it safely instead of going to 10.7 or above.

Attachments

• Roms for Update to 10.3.jpg
    Roms for Update to 10.3.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 411

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would you ever want to update to 10.3? Gateway would be foolish to make Gateway work *only* on 10.3, so it should keep working on 9.2. And if you update to 10.3, you won't be able to use any CFW aside from Gateway (since the ntrcardhax that Gateway is probably using requires a special cart, so you can't get it just usinbg CFW).

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would you ever want to update to 10.3? Gateway would be foolish to make Gateway work *only* on 10.3, so it should keep working on 9.2. And if you update to 10.3, you won't be able to use any CFW aside from Gateway (since the ntrcardhax that Gateway is probably using requires a special cart, so you can't get it just usinbg CFW).
It depends on the Users. If they only use GW and want to Update finally for some enhanced Feature or new Feature, then that is them. But if someone wants to use GW and another Exploit that is only working on 9.2, then yes, they should stay on it till that one works on a higher FW

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste