Hacking List of all Gateway questions (9.2.0-20)

koyuki38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
When you launch the gateway feature, keep pressing L
by doing that you will access the Gateway menu.
Then chose format emunand. Don't forget this also format the SD card. Save everything you want before doing that.

i didn't know that gateway could read roms in sysnand if we do not format emunand Oo

Last edited by koyuki38,

koyuki38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey

1 question :
I've never seen it before, but since i now use my GW on a new 3DS i was able to see a led on the gateway sometime when i launch it.

The led can light red or blue.
What does that mean ?

I googled that but i wasn't able to find information.

EDIT : I found this : https://gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-3ds-release-1-2.354391/
But i'm unable to understand what it means.

I only figured short red light or blue light, but i don't really remember if it was when pressing L or not

Last edited by koyuki38,

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something I just noticed. If the Blue Card ever does not work for you anymore, you can use a DSTwo to run the GW Installer for the 3DS/N3DS. Mine does not seem to be working correctly so I wondered if I could use my DSTwo to do it. Worked like a charm. So I figure since it only reads the NDS File, any DS Backup Card should work to run it

quackstar84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello I have an old 3ds version 4.5. I'm going to buy another and then give them both to my nieces. I'd like the ideal of cold booting so it can limit any issues my nieces might end up doing (Just tell them to keep it offline at all times). To be able to cold boot i'd need to update to version 9.2 correct? Is there an video guide anyone knows of to do this which is up to date please? I have dyslexia and have issues absorbing what I read. Thank you.

miesssiee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi! I have a N3DS with Gateway. I installed gateway using the Cubic Ninja method. I also installed the mset_eur.cia so that I can access my emunand through settings. Now comes my question:

How do I play DS games using the "Blue card"? If I insert the Blue Card in Gateway Mode it isn't recognized. What am I doing wrong?

Grink

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm having an issue with devmenu and big blue menu. when i try to run the .3ds from my gateway card, it causes the system to restart. when i launch a game, it works fine. what am i doing wrong? i'm on 9.2 emunand. should i update?

Sorion621

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey i have been using gateway for a year now and i only update my emunand once the gateway site has a new update but i am wondering if gateway supports emunand 10.6?

GH0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has been some time since I updated my GW version, so I just recently grabbed version 3.7.1. I installed it successfully on my SD card, and grabbed a cheat code file for Fire Emblem Awakening USA from Fort42 (http://www.fort42.com/gateshark/game238/)

I have a folder on the root of my SD card called "cheats" and the text file is labeled "00040000000A0500.txt" in that folder. However, when I go to load the cheat code menu, it constantly tells me that it "Could not load cheats!". I tried removing the first five lines (the "advertisement") but that still didn't resolve it, and I am still unable to load cheats for Fire Emblem. Does anyone have some recommendations, or can someone give me some instructions on what to do?

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has been some time since I updated my GW version, so I just recently grabbed version 3.7.1. I installed it successfully on my SD card, and grabbed a cheat code file for Fire Emblem Awakening USA from Fort42 (http://www.fort42.com/gateshark/game238/)

I have a folder on the root of my SD card called "cheats" and the text file is labeled "00040000000A0500.txt" in that folder. However, when I go to load the cheat code menu, it constantly tells me that it "Could not load cheats!". I tried removing the first five lines (the "advertisement") but that still didn't resolve it, and I am still unable to load cheats for Fire Emblem. Does anyone have some recommendations, or can someone give me some instructions on what to do?
Those Codes should be no problem. You need to confirm your Game Region, Title ID, Game ID and Revision Number (if applicable).
Also, which SD Card are you putting the Codes in? the Gateway Red Card or the Device SD Card? Should be the Gateway MicroSD Card

GH0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those Codes should be no problem. You need to confirm your Game Region, Title ID, Game ID and Revision Number (if applicable).
Also, which SD Card are you putting the Codes in? the Gateway Red Card or the Device SD Card? Should be the Gateway MicroSD Card

Well, that would probably be the problem, as I have been putting it on the Device SD card. I will give it another shot. Title ID, Region, and Revision are all good, just the wrong location.

Reactions: Smoker1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 9:02 am here