Hacking List of all Gateway questions (9.2.0-20)

D

Deleted-19228

I think it goes without saying that.. All in-stock items in retailers/online stores carry the FW they were all developed with ..

They won't.. Y'know.. Open the N3DS's from their boxes, update them, and put them back.

'Kinda get the feeling some people fear that. Then again, it's late where I am and I'm sort'a tired. I must be getting confused.

They ship with 8.x. We need them NOW to update to 9.2. Once Ninty updates to 9.3 there will be zero way to update to 9.0-9.2 as there are no cart-based games that have this firmware.

Reactions: Phantom_User
D

Deleted-355425

If gateway dont release before 9.3 then dont worry, gateway will work from 9.0 - 9.3 :)

D

Deleted User

If gateway dont release before 9.3 then dont worry, gateway will work from 9.0 - 9.3 :)

You probably should not say things like that. If it is blocked in 9.3 you will have alot of angry users blaming you :P

Reactions: Danjal

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Q. Will my savegame work after updating to 9.2.0-20?
Short answer: If it's games using the 6.0 KeyY, your save will not work anymore and you will lose your progress.
Long answer: The keyY used for savegame is initiated at console launch (not at EmuNAND Reload). With a 4.1-4.5 NAND your games didn't use the 6.0 KeyY and fell back to 2.0 KeyY encryption method. If you update to 9.x it will now boot on the newer KeyY and the games will find the proper 6.0 Key for encryption, reseting your savegame progress.
(that's probably why they asked 4.x users to not update)

And how to know if my game is using the 6.0 keyY or not? Is there any tool that can give this info?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, you can use ROMtool to list the game's informations (required SDK, keyY version, etc.)

rom_tool.exe -i %1

for example:
Save Crypto: 6.0.0-11 KeyY Method
or
Save Crypto: 2.2.0-4 KeyY Method

Reactions: Keylogger

MrKitty871

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i buy a Japanese new 3ds will i be able to play US games? I see it says region free, is that what that means? Also, by having this new gateway 3ds cart can i essentially just pretend that my new 3ds system from japan is actually from the US? sorry if that doesn't make any sense, and I'm sorry if this is a silly question, I'm new to all this

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
If i buy a Japanese new 3ds will i be able to play US games? I see it says region free, is that what that means? Also, by having this new gateway 3ds cart can i essentially just pretend that my new 3ds system from japan is actually from the US? sorry if that doesn't make any sense, and I'm sorry if this is a silly question, I'm new to all this
With Gateway you'll be fine.

Reactions: viral777

flabulousfreddy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't gotten a definitive answer from them. Just the copy and paste shit, but there's one HUGE question that needs to be answered:

After updating the Gateway card, will it ONLY work on 9.x or will it still continue being able to be used on 4.5? I have a New Nintendo 3DS incoming but I don't want to get rid of my 3DS XL, so I want to be able to choose which system I play on. I'd like to be able to use my 4.5 unit for my old game saves and for creating CIA files.

D

Deleted-355425

I haven't gotten a definitive answer from them. Just the copy and paste shit, but there's one HUGE question that needs to be answered:

After updating the Gateway card, will it ONLY work on 9.x or will it still continue being able to be used on 4.5? I have a New Nintendo 3DS incoming but I don't want to get rid of my 3DS XL, so I want to be able to choose which system I play on. I'd like to be able to use my 4.5 unit for my old game saves and for creating CIA files.

Id like to know this to.

Jakoob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So will they need to release an update for the Gateway Blue card to work on 9.x systems or can i use another firmware for that to play DS games?

Reactions: thekman

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada

Not sure why you don't just buy a PAL New 3DS from Australia. It has an English OS, plays any European games(you'll be region free soon so it doesn't matter too much anyways) and I heard they are made from kangaroo bones.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: yeah, i'm Anyone, that's just not my alias here