L4T Ubuntu - A fully featured linux on your switch

switchroot.png

L4T Ubuntu
Intro
L4T Ubuntu is a version of Linux based on nvidia's linux for tegra project. It uses a different kernel compared to previous releases which allows it to use features not yet in mainline. Such as audio, docking support and vulkan.

Join our discord: https://discord.gg/53mtKYt

We have a wiki !
To facilitate our work we will only update our wiki from now on in order to avoid multiple outdated references, please refer to the following link instead of this page

https://wiki.switchroot.org/en/Linux/Ubuntu-Install-Guide

Credits

Bylaws,
Langerhans,
Ave,
Natinusala,
CTCaer(most of the hard stuff),
Gavin_Darkglider,
DanielOgorchock(Joycon drivers/joycond),
stary2001 (reboot2payload),
NVIDIA,
Azkali
Everyone else in switchroot - more info on that in the future.

Last edited by azkali,

enzobelmont

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've tried to upgrade from 18.04 to 19.10 and to 20.04 and always lose the video driver.

Where can I get technical information to overcome this problems?

MasterZoilus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After doing the copy and paste for overclocking. . whenever i remove this ubuntu sd card and install the one with my regular cfw and apps and what not.. will the overclock settings remain?

Or will the switch settings be back to normal?

And if so, will they go back to being overclocked whenever i put the "ubuntu" sd card back in and boot into it?

thanks

Aarongoesha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The commands to increase clock speed to max is taking a while to finish

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The command to set clock speed to max is taking a while to complete is this normal?

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question for those who use Retroarch on Linux. Does anyone have any good core commits that produce decent performance? Especially for NES or SNES games? I've compiled the recent core commits for Retroarch, and performance don't look that good as I thought they would.

Last edited by epicmartin7,

dishins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello everyone, i've made some basic mappings to use the joycons as a mouse on L4T Ubuntu 3.0 since the previous mappings do not work with the new joycon driver. My mappings are to be used with xorg. To install xorg joystick: sudo apt install xserver-xorg-input-joystick. After installing you extract the zip file and move 50-joystick.conf to usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d (do it with sudo mv) and then you either reboot or log out and log in again. The mappings are as follow: Left click mouse is B , Right click is A, L and R control volume, ZR and ZL control brightness, Screenshot button enables or disables mouse mode , Home button is Escape, Plus button is enter, Minus button is back.

That's it. This should make most DE pretty usable on switch (like cinnamon which doesn't work well with touchscreen) and help with things like dolphin standalone since that doesn't have a gamepad interface.

Also many thanks to gavin_darkglider and the rest of the switchroot team for giving us an amazing linux experience on switch!

Hi, i just used your config and it's great, however, i would like to add a bit more buttons to the mapping, can you point me on how i can do this?

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Facebook sucks, do I need an account to watch your video?

Facebook is fully of drama.. Facebook should be shut down forever. It is like virus spreading crazy .. too many drama. :creep::teach: And pleas dont bother on this video at Facebook. Waste your time. Wait for this release right here. :) Just keep check on page 1 when its ready.

Last edited by spotanjo3,

hypnnos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Does it need a specific version of Hekate? I'm on latest, and when I try to boot with the L4T SD Card, I got a fatal error asking for atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin, and I can't copy the Atmosphere files since my computer does not recognize the SD Card.

EDIT: NVM, after using Unetbootin instead of dd got the card recognized.

EDIT2: Didn't work. Tried on Mac, Windows, using dd, Unetbootin, Etcher... can't boot, and can't read the card to add atmosphere files.

Last edited by hypnnos,
D

Deleted User

Mugen would be so nice

i have tried and tried but i had no luck. But that was on a much earlier version. I plan on buying another sd card to try this version soon. If you have this loaded already i would look into installing hangover. It is basically wine for arm. I cannot get linmugen working. Though that would be easiest thing to try. My understanding was linmugen required 32bit linux and this is arm. So hangover would be your best bet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs.