L4T Ubuntu - A fully featured linux on your switch

switchroot.png

L4T Ubuntu
Intro
L4T Ubuntu is a version of Linux based on nvidia's linux for tegra project. It uses a different kernel compared to previous releases which allows it to use features not yet in mainline. Such as audio, docking support and vulkan.

Join our discord: https://discord.gg/53mtKYt

We have a wiki !
To facilitate our work we will only update our wiki from now on in order to avoid multiple outdated references, please refer to the following link instead of this page

https://wiki.switchroot.org/en/Linux/Ubuntu-Install-Guide

Credits

Bylaws,
Langerhans,
Ave,
Natinusala,
CTCaer(most of the hard stuff),
Gavin_Darkglider,
DanielOgorchock(Joycon drivers/joycond),
stary2001 (reboot2payload),
NVIDIA,
Azkali
Everyone else in switchroot - more info on that in the future.

Last edited by azkali,

mikeshido9

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Hi Guys, I'm Newbie here. I've just managed my Oled to run L4T Ubuntu v5.1 great except my joycons were drift like crazy. :D. Have anyone got this ?. My joycon still work well in switch OFW. many thanks

pi203

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Hi Guys, I'm Newbie here. I've just managed my Oled to run L4T Ubuntu v5.1 great except my joycons were drift like crazy. :D. Have anyone got this ?. My joycon still work well in switch OFW. many thanks
I encountered a similar issue with my Switch Lite. I fixed it by increasing the deadzone in /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-joystick.conf. Add the following lines to "Switch Controllers" section and adjust the deadzone to your desired value (max value is 30000):
# Left stick Option "MapAxis1" "mode=relative axis=+1x deadzone=9000" Option "MapAxis2" "mode=relative axis=+1y deadzone=9000" # Right stick Option "MapAxis3" "mode=relative axis=+1zx deadzone=10000" Option "MapAxis4" "mode=relative axis=+1zy deadzone=10000"
Post automatically merged:

ubuntu on my switch LITE everything works for me, but there is one glitch:
in any program, for example, in a bowser has automatic scrolling down
this happens on two different consoles
The reason is that your joycons are drift. You can work around by increasing the deadzone.

Last edited by pi203,
Reactions: mikeshido9

Morricorne

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I encountered a similar issue with my Switch Lite. I fixed it by increasing the deadzone in /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-joystick.conf. Add the following lines to "Switch Controllers" section and adjust the deadzone to your desired value (max value is 30000):
# Left stick Option "MapAxis1" "mode=relative axis=+1x deadzone=9000" Option "MapAxis2" "mode=relative axis=+1y deadzone=9000" # Right stick Option "MapAxis3" "mode=relative axis=+1zx deadzone=10000" Option "MapAxis4" "mode=relative axis=+1zy deadzone=10000"
Post automatically merged:

The reason is that your joycons are drift. You can work around by increasing the deadzone.
How performance is on this linux build? Can you emulate Wind Waker and Twilight Princes with dolphin in full speed? I ask cause i have poor Android performance in those two games.

pi203

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
How performance is on this linux build? Can you emulate Wind Waker and Twilight Princes with dolphin in full speed? I ask cause i have poor Android performance in those two games.
I just tested the Wind Waker. The speed is around 65% and FPS is 20. It's too slow to be playable.

Reactions: Morricorne

Kupferschein

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What did you get installed? Latest kernel, from sources, or base ubuntu image. If latest, it runs so much better. lol. so does Android Pie, which is also still in development. That being said, everything you need is on gitlab, excepting the working sc7 entry, and the rebootstub from atmosphere.
Hekate does exactly that, we use u-boot, grub is for x86, and screen doesnt come up until X starts, so grub probably wont happen. There is reboot2payload that will reboot from linux/android/atmosphere back to hekate, or you could disable reboot2payload, and autorcm, and it will reboot back to stock hos directly, but you will have to inject something everytime you boot, there is no cold boot option.
I know this is way old. But I really need help with the SC7-entry. I've tried two different releases of L4t and it's gets to load but I get L4T Error loading SC7-Entry. Every time. I can't find a fix anywhere. This thread is the only mention of the SC7-entry I could find.
EDIT: I managed to install. I used the 3.2.0 october 2020 for. I guess from here I can just update.

Last edited by Kupferschein,

Quattro74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Can I just flash Jammy on top of this install when I'm ready to upgrade? Using latest Hecate? Or can I run the upgrade on Bionic, from the command line?

Last edited by Quattro74,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto