1. DaniPoo

DaniPoo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thx, will try it then

tabzer likes this.
  2. stick267

stick267 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    This works great. Thanks a lot. Any recommendations for lighter DEs? The default is a tiny bit laggy on my Evo Select.

I haven't had any issues with WiFi so I can't help you there. But it's not recommended to use Ishiiruka anymore. Stock Dolphin is just as good/better. Use Vulkan and force fullscreen.

To fix the Hekate message just copy the latest release's bootloader folder to the root of the FAT32 partition on the L4T SD. Be sure to keep the ini file from the ini folder.

The battery percentage is wacky because it's averaging the Switch's battery and both Joy Cons batteries, and the Joy Con batteries don't report their percentages accurately. If you click on the battery icon you'll see 3 batteries listed. Your Switch battery is the one in the middle that doesn't report as empty.

I haven't had any issues with the touchscreen's calibration. The only issue is that my fingers are too big for a desktop environment that was designed to be used with a mouse. Try using the above config to activate the Joy Con mouse and it'll make your experience 10x better.

USB devices only work when connected to the dock and only while the Switch itself is docked. The USB C port at the bottom of the Switch doesn't work as a USB port. Only the official dock and power brick are supported.

Last edited by stick267, Mar 6, 2020
    tabzer likes this.
  3. DaniPoo

DaniPoo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sorry for me being a noob, but could you explain a little bit more in depth how to move the file using sudo mv? Pretty please

Last edited by DaniPoo, Mar 6, 2020
  4. stick267

United States
    Save and unzip that file to your Downloads folder. Then open terminal and type:

sudo mv '/home/USERNAME/Downloads/50-joystick.conf' '/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d'

Replace "USERNAME" with the username of your L4T install. Hit enter and it will ask for your password. Type it and hit enter again and that's it. You won't see any cursor activity when you type your password. After that just reboot and your Joy Cons will work as mouse/keyboard.

Last edited by stick267, Mar 6, 2020
    DaniPoo likes this.
  5. enderer

enderer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i just detach the joycons for a sec to get an accurate battery reading

6. coolstar

coolstar Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    So I tried to upgrade this image from 18.04 to 19.10 and noticed that while it was quite usable docked on 19.10, undocked the display kept flipping every 3 seconds because the NVIDIA driver/Xorg kept setting a NULL mode and then mode switching at different rotations

I know the upgrade to 19.10 isn't really supported.... however I noticed when I re-did the SD card with a fresh 18.04 image, the same glitch happens on the login screen on the stock 18.04 image if auto-login is disabled. There seems to be something that fixes it after the user logs in, but clearly that doesn't seem to stay around if the system is upgraded to 19.10 (and it the bug still is present on 18.04's login screen)

upload_2020-3-6_10-20-0.png

This is the syslog output (it's identical between 19.10 before/after login, or on 18.04's login screen)

7. Feranthur

Feranthur Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Yeah, you can use LXDE for a very light DE (it's the most lightweight one afaik). I personally like using Cinnamon but the touchscreen is buggy there so using joycons as a mouse is a must. Gnome also works on switch and has the big advantage of displaying the battery correctly, but is heavier than unity unfortunately.

8. coolstar

coolstar Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    It looks like the main issue has to do with Gnome being broken. Switching from Unity to Gnome on Ubuntu 18.04 shows the same broken behavior that I saw on 19.10 (with the internal display constantly blanking/rotating in handheld)

Login screen issues seem to be for the same reason as well. Switching from gdm3 to lightdm (still on Ubuntu 18.04) fixed the glitchyness on the login screen as well.

Going to test this on 18.04 for a bit before I dare upgrading to 19.10 again

tabzer likes this.
  9. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

United States
    It’s (probably) the automatic rotation stuff, it’s super sensitive, you can get it to happen on 18.04 in the “Ubuntu”/Gnome desktop environment as well.

tabzer likes this.
  10. jrandom

jrandom Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
  11. OldGnashburg

OldGnashburg Canadian Zoomer

Canada
    Wait when was 3.0.0 released? I thought 2.0.0 just came out?

12. tabzer

tabzer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Japan
    Yeah, this revision was a quick turnaround, posted on Wednesday.

13. OldGnashburg

OldGnashburg Canadian Zoomer

Canada
    Is there a changelog?

14. crow132

crow132 GBAtemp Regular

Saint Helena
    hey there, anyone having trouble with bluetooth devices in the latest 3.00?

i have a bluetooth headset that used to work well with 2.00 but not, it connects but doesn't give me any sound

15. stick267

United States
    I can't get my Apple Airpods to connect to 3.0.0. Worked fine in 1.0-1.5.

crow132 likes this.
  16. HaloBenish

HaloBenish GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    The top bar with the power button and the button to show on screen keyboard broke after my first reboot. Any way to fix without reflashing?

17. HaloBenish

HaloBenish GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Fixed unity --reset worked

18. snoofly

snoofly GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    How do you enable Vulkan support in Ishiiruka.
    It runs fine but the only option under Graphics Backend I can select is OpenGL
    Thanks.

19. tabzer

tabzer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Japan

20. fpxf

fpxf Newbie
    Newcomer

China
    After install this OS, then change to Atomosphere-NX or OFW, Joy-Con can not be connected with bluetooth. Is this have some impact for OFW or CFW Joy-con compare?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - featured, Ubuntu, switch