L4T Ubuntu - A fully featured linux on your switch

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by bylaws, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Bober791

Bober791 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2019
    Poland
    I waited 2-4(even up to 10) minutes and nothing.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. BTW screen all of the time is on.
    My sd card files:
    boot - coreboot.rom; Image; intiramfs; tegra210...
    bootloader - ini playloads sysl hekate_ipl.ini
    boot.scr
    BTW On the second card I have an android and everything works fine.

Last edited by Bober791, Aug 8, 2019
  2. MK73DS

MK73DS Non-commutative algebra

Feb 23, 2015
    France
    France
    Same here

3. silver95

silver95 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2019
    Argentina
    Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aire
    Is the sound still heard low?

NoNAND likes this.
  4. NoNAND

NoNAND Official NAND tool.

Aug 22, 2015
    Albania
    Underground warehouse
    Could any mod sticky this?
    It's sad to see it buried and lost among other threads

I use this docked most of time and hadn't any breaking audio issues, not that I know of.
    are you using the 1.3.1 update?

Last edited by NoNAND, Aug 8, 2019
  5. silver95

silver95 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2019
    Argentina
    Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aire
    I don't use it docked. must be that

6. Gavin_Darkglider

Gavin_Darkglider GBAtemp Regular

May 20, 2019
    United States
    I fixed the sound issue, replace the ucm stuff with the updated version on switchroot. The volumes maximums were set at a little less than half. I pushed those changes about the time android came out. ;) Just replace the HiFi file in /usr/share/alsa/ucm/tegra210ref-<iforget>/HiFi with the one on gitlab, then restart the console. Both headphone, and speaker audio will be much louder.

Sorry I forgot to mention this here, I have been on discord latly with the devs. In other news I have working reboot 2 payload for linux. ;) Will be pushing updates for that soon enough,.. for l4t-ubuntu, but there is still some work being done there, and the reboot stub needs to be taken out of ATF, and included in coreboot. But as it sits, it will reboot to hekate, or really whatever firmware you include in the kernel. lol.

7. Gavin_Darkglider

May 20, 2019
    United States
    Sorry to get every one so excited for reboot2payload. Current implementation works, but we need to move the rebootstub out of Arm-trusted-firmware, and into coreboot, so it can be loaded by ATF, instead of built in. It makes updates easier, if it changes on atmospheres end. Also, fo some weird reason it is trying to autoboot the first entry on reboot, which I found ends at a black screen. I think I might still push an update today, as I have a version that takes the payload out of the kernel, which was the big issue, as it is dirty to include stuff in the kernel, if it isnt absolutly needed there. ;) Also, it creates a legal problem to release it with the binary blob included, depending on the payload(Ctc made a point to bring that up, when I said I had put hekate, and also wanted to put sxos payload in the kernel, so people had options) New patches let you define custom payload via configfs, and default payload via dts. It all still needs some work, but I think I might have a version to release early, but it is now monday, and I have to work all day. I also might have a way to keep joycon pairing between android/linux/and hos. I am not sure I can implement it easily though, as I need to get the pairing keys from HOS, and cant access the nand in linux. I will see what I can do with that when I get a minute, and get reboot2payload out for linux.

8. Gavin_Darkglider

May 20, 2019
    United States
    As promised..... I give you Reboot2Payload update for l4t-ubuntu. This update comes with a little more hassle than the previous updates, but it is worth it.

1. Download and extract this to boot(fat32) partition, should overwrite all ubuntu files there: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6mchw2491c1ek36/l4t-ubuntu-reboot2payload.zip?dl=0

2. boot console.
    3. Do everything after this as root
    3A. If you are overclocking on boot using /etc/rc.local:
    change script to
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    echo 1 > /sys/kernel/tegra_cpufreq/overclock
    echo  2091000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/policy0/scaling_max_freq
    echo 1 > /sys/bus/platform/drivers/tegra-reboot2payload/r2p/default_payload
    exit 0

3B. If not overclocking:
    1. Create /etc/rc.local eg. touch /etc/rc.local
    2. make rc.local executable eg. chmod +x /etc/rc.local
    3. edit /etc/rc.local to add
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    echo 1 > /sys/bus/platform/drivers/tegra-reboot2payload/r2p/default_payload
    exit 0

4. copy payload of your choice to /lib/firmware and rename it to reboot_payload.fw

5. if doing this on l4t-ubuntu, run in your root terminal: echo 1 > /sys/bus/platform/drivers/tegra-reboot2payload/r2p/default_payload

6. Now reboot to your payload. There is a custom_payload option, that you can echo the name of another payload also in /lib/firmware into and it will reboot to that payload as well.

Credit goes to:
    @Stary#0632 for porting reboot2payload from Atmosphere into Coreboot/ATF/U-boot/Kernel :)
    @Gavin_Darkglider for testing, and building update for you guys, and writing this awesome guide.
    @Switchroot for the awesome work they are doing in the scene, for both linux and android development

Should also thank the atmosphere developers for creating what was ported as well. ;)

Last edited by Gavin_Darkglider, Aug 17, 2019
  9. stick267

stick267 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 17, 2018
    United States
    This is awesome. Thanks a ton.

10. Gavin_Darkglider

May 20, 2019
    United States
    L4T-Ubuntu Update 1.5.0

This update includes Minerva, and Minerva Mini(Kernel side companion to retrain as needed). It also includes the touchscreen fixes from the android kernel.

Simple install on this one, just overwrite the files on the fat32 partition.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/54ibwj3id4vj2cc/l4t-ubuntu-1.5.0.zip?dl=0

Credit goes to:
    CTCaer For Minerva and Minerva Mini
    Gavin_Darkglider For Compiling and packaging this release.
    Switchroot team for the awesome work they are doing in the scene.

11. Palom

Palom GBAtemp Regular

Sep 21, 2009
    United States
    Touchscreen fixes? Sweet, seems like it got much better then.

I wanted to know a couple of things regarding Firefox. First, is Flash supported? (There's a site I want to use.) Second, does Twitch run well on it?

12. Gavin_Darkglider

May 20, 2019
    United States
    The touchscreen still isnt great, there are better fixes coming, but the devs are hard at work getting android pie built, and getting lp0 sleep support working properly. There are a few ideas on fixes floating around at the memont, so hopefully sooner rather than later. ;) As for flash, I use it in Kodi on gentoo, so see no reason it wouldnt work on ubuntu. as for twitch, I dont know.

Palom likes this.
  13. Palom

Palom GBAtemp Regular

Sep 21, 2009
    United States
    Ah, well it's still a good thing it's at least better.

14. Conan179

Conan179 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 21, 2015
    Germany
    What i canche, when l4t not mmcblk0p2 on my disk? (mmcblk0p8 on my card)

15. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    Twitch works fine, 1080p60 streams might have some stutter.

Palom likes this.
  16. Gavin_Darkglider

May 20, 2019
    United States
    Then you need to create a new boot.scr, or reboot2payload wont work, as the default payload, hekate id, and what to do on reboot are defined there, as the built into the dts options are for android. It is also hard to get this perfect for everyone, as I dont know what your partition layout is, we create a default template, if you deviate from that it is on you.

Last edited by Gavin_Darkglider, Aug 18, 2019
  17. Conan179

Conan179 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 21, 2015
    Germany
    Is there a how-to, where explains how to create the boot, scr? I would not need more.

18. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    This post has some steps to modify a boot.scr, as long as you know what partition numbers you want it should be straightforward. Might need to install u-boot tools or something to get mkimage.

Conan179 likes this.
  19. Conan179

Conan179 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 21, 2015
    Germany
    Thanks!

hippy dave likes this.
  20. Gavin_Darkglider

May 20, 2019
    United States
    Just make sure to use the latest boot.scr, as it is needed for reboot2payload, or else it will try to autoboot android, which you wont have, and hekate doesnt support yet. I think the eta on that feature is tuesday, but dont quote me on that.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted