ROM Hack Kingdom Hearts RE: Coded English Translation

Jump_0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so all we have to do it replace those files in the root of the card with the ones from the link's download?
I did that but i still get load rom errcode=-4

where do we get the pong and retro 6.32 firmware? i'm pritty sure i have have but don't know how/where to check.

EDIT: nvm i found the latest firmware.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Jump_0 said:
so all we have to do it replace those files in the root of the card with the ones from the link's download?

where do we get the pong and retro 6.32 firmware? i'm pritty sure i have have but don't know how/where to check.

Yes, you need to replace the files. Still error=-4? Could you please try this one:
http://www.mediafire.com/?wg35vd6rxsaoe11

Jump_0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FIX94 said:
Jump_0 said:

Yes, you need to replace the files. Still error=-4? Could you please try this one:

Well i tried that link aswell and the clean rom did not load. i still had the load rom errcode=-4
Are we suposed to be using the translated rom? i'm using the clean one to try and load

EDIT: btw i tried to open the clean rom in both ys menu (that came with the newest firmware) and TTmenu. both did not load the rom. both had load rom errcode=-4
Is there any information i'm leaving out that you'd like to know?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Jump_0 said:
FIX94 said:
Jump_0 said:

Well i tried that link aswell and the clean rom did not load. i still had the load rom errcode=-4
Are we suposed to be using the translated rom? i'm using the clean one to try and load

EDIT: btw i tried to open the clean rom in both ys menu (that came with the newest firmware) and TTmenu. both did not load the rom. both had load rom errcode=-4
Is there any information i'm leaving out that you'd like to know?
The fix is for the translated rom and tested with ysmenu, works!!

Jump_0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so i used the infolib and the other two things from this link http://www.mediafire.com/?w8cyv0k85kw7781
thats the first one you posted.

I put the translated re coded rom onto my card and tried loading with ysmenu and still fot the errcode=-4
was i missing a step? it seems straightforward.

I think other people should try to seee if they can get it to work on thier cards. Then we'll know it's something i'm doing wrong for sure.
I'm out for a bit so won't be able to test things out.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Jump_0 said:
so i used the infolib and the other two things from this link http://www.mediafire.com/?w8cyv0k85kw7781
thats the first one you posted.

I put the translated re coded rom onto my card and tried loading with ysmenu and still fot the errcode=-4
was i missing a step? it seems straightforward.

I think other people should try to seee if they can get it to work on thier cards. Then we'll know it's something i'm doing wrong for sure.
I'm out for a bit so won't be able to test things out.
Yes, sorry for this, try the second link:
I don't know why the first one doesn't work.

Jump_0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
strangley, that failed to work aswell.

Just as a recap of what i've tried:
Using the infolib and other two components from BOTH of the sugested links i placed them into the root (EDIT: I was mistaken in my use of words. i ment to say the TTmenu folder NOT the root of the card) of my card.
For each of the downloads i tried loading a CLEAN rom of kingdom hearts re: coded and failed, recieving load rom errcode=-4
I then tried to load (using ysmenu) the PATCHED/translated version by Truthkey with the infolib.dat, extinfo.dat, and savlib.dat from each of the two links provided by FIX94.
NOTE: you should be using the patched version from truthkey not a clean rom like i did at first.

if anything is unclear just say so, i`d be happy to reexplain myself.

I'm going to ask that other members of the board who also uses a dsTT card, try and see if they can get this to work. Not for me, but rather to assure other people/members browsing the topic, that this does work for dsTT users, afterall FIX94 has confirmed it to be working.

rurudtsafg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a patched version of the game and it works with AKAIO 1.7 but after I finish playing and try to play again it gives me the two white screens, can someone help????

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Jump_0 said:

Using the infolib and other two components from BOTH of the sugested links i placed them into the root of my card.
For each of the downloads i tried loading a CLEAN rom of kingdom hearts re: coded and failed, recieving load rom errcode=-4
I then tried to load (using ysmenu) the PATCHED/translated version by Truthkey with the infolib.dat, extinfo.dat, and savlib.dat from each of the two links provided by FIX94.
NOTE: you should be using the patched version from truthkey not a clean rom like i did at first.

I'm going to ask that another members of the board who also uses a dsTT card try and see if they can get this to work. Not for me, but rather to assure other peopleémembers browsing the topic, that this does work for dsTT users, afterall FIX94 has confirmed it to be working.
laugh.gif
You must copy the three files into the TTMENU folder! Use the files from second link, the fist one doesn't work!
With the files I uploaded you are able to play the translated and the clean rom!

Jump_0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FIX94 said:
Jump_0 said:

Using the infolib and other two components from BOTH of the sugested links i placed them into the root of my card.

I'm going to ask that another members of the board who also uses a dsTT card try and see if they can get this to work. Not for me, but rather to assure other peopleémembers browsing the topic, that this does work for dsTT users, afterall FIX94 has confirmed it to be working.
laugh.gif
You must copy the three files into the TTMENU folder! Use the files from second link, the fist one doesn't work!

sorry i was using the wrong terminology, i thought root of the card ment the TTmenu folder. i have done that with the files from the second link. After draging the extracted files from the download to the TTmenu folder it asked if i wanted to replace the existing files with the new ones and i selected yes. I then ejected the card from the usb port and put it into my card and loaded on my ds. i still got the same error.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Jump_0 said:
sorry i was using the wrong terminology, i thought root of the card ment the TTmenu folder. i have done that with the files from the second link. After draging the extracted files from the download to the TTmenu folder it asked if i wanted to replace the existing files with the new ones and i selected yes. I then ejected the card from the usb port and put it into my card and loaded on my ds. i still got the same error.
I tested everything again and it works fine!
Make sure you are using my working files:
These three files go to the TTmenu folder. If you have a YSMENU folder, also copy the files inside it.
And make sure you have patched the clean rom with this translation:
http://filetrip.net/f21847-Kingdom-Hearts-...nglish-1-0.html

Jump_0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ohk, thanks FIX, i'm downloading a different clean rom cause i'm not 100% sure (can't remeber) if the one that have downloaded is actually clean.
huh.gif

i'll edit this post telling everyone how it goes once it's done downloading

EDIT: IT LOADED AND I HAVENT ENCOUNTERED ANY PROBLEMS THUS FAR!
yaynds.gif

THANK YOU TRUTHKEY FOR THE TRANSLATION (IT'S WORKING BTW) AND FIX94 FOR HIS SPEEDY, CLEAR DIRECTIONS!
bow.gif

for those wondering what i did, see the above post by FIX94. Follow what he says and it should work. Make sure your using the latest update for dsTT by pong and retro, here's the filetrip link: http://filetrip.net/f21810-TTDS-EXT-INFO-SAV-6-32.html

NEW EDIT: in the status matrix when you move over the large circular thing with a dial that has standard, proud, and critical (these are dificulty settings) the game opens a dialog box for a tutorial. However the game frezes before any text is displayed. Just don't move over this object and you'll be able to get though the game. I'm stopped playing at destiny island so idn any other problems.

Jump_0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i'm not sure what that means. i should have the latest firware on my card if thats what you're asking.
And yes the translation is working, if thats what your asking.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Jump_0 said:
i'm not sure what that means. i should have the latest firware on my card if thats what you're asking.
And yes the translation is working, if thats what your asking.
I mean are you able to play the tranlation WITHOUT my files? This would be strange, because the latest firmware does not contain the needed information.

Jump_0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
no i downloaded the files from your "second link" (the infolib savelbv, and the other file) then put them into the TTmenu folder.
Then i downloaded a clean rom and the patch u posted (truthkey's) and applied the patch with the program xdeltaUI (something like that name) on the clean rom. i put it on my card in the NDS folder and i loaded it up on my ds.

baisically i used this info from you post:
Today, 03:33 PM
FIX94
"I tested everything again and it works fine!
Make sure you are using my working files:
These three files go to the TTmenu folder. If you have a YSMENU folder, also copy the files inside it.
And make sure you have patched the clean rom with this translation:
http://filetrip.net/f21847-Kingdom-Hearts-...-1-0.html"

quick answer is, YES i used your files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.