ROM Hack Kingdom Hearts RE: Coded English Translation

pkmnTobi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this patch isn't really sufficient to play the game with all its freezing issues. i'm definitely waiting for the usa game as i think this project is a lost cause now. we will see.

neoxephon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if this game wasn't getting an official release, i would definitely takeover this project.

my point is, the game is out officially in less than three months. there are plenty of other great games coming out in the gap between now and january. play those, enjoy those, and before you know it this game will be out. not many people with the ability to do a translation for this game will actually want to. it's rather pointless.

metalmouth647

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol @ drama first page.
biggrin.gif

Ertoil

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jump_0 said:
injected11 said:
ertoil said:
maverick_z said:
ertoil said:
will there be a better translation soon? if not, will it be given an approximate date?

on january 11th, 2011
keyword: soon.
keywords: if not, will it be given an approximate date?
ertoil do realize the release date for this game is january 11th? do you realize that it's less than 3 months until the games us release? do you also realize that everything you really need to play the game is translated with truthkey patch? do you honestly think someone will translate more than what truthkey has done knowing the game will come out soon and what has already been translated by truthkey is sufficent to play the game? i'm not sure what more you want translated as everything needed to try this game is done.
if you don't think less than three months for the us release is not "soon" then you need to rethink that. the only "upcoming translation" you (and everyone else) is going to get is the us release. the us release is curently set for 01/11/11.
no, i'm not talking about translating more, i'm talking about the freezing issues.

aldwin08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys.. i'm really very disappointed about d plenty of freezes in this patch... it's becoz i'm alredy in olimpus and when i got d third big block (think its called d prize cheat?) and tried to point in it, d game screen just crashed and wen i re-open d game, my save file was deleted!! damn.. i think dat i will just wait for d real english game..
frown.gif

omegasoul6

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
aldwin08 said:
hey guys.. i'm really very disappointed about d plenty of freezes in this patch... it's becoz i'm alredy in olimpus and when i got d third big block (think its called d prize cheat?) and tried to point in it, d game screen just crashed and wen i re-open d game, my save file was deleted!! damn.. i think dat i will just wait for d real english game..
frown.gif
ya men im so sad about d freezes in dat new patch dat messed up my save file in da game

seriously -_- speak english

Truthkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ertoil said:
will there be a better translation soon? if not, will it be given an approximate date?

What do you mean by better translation? Most of what's translated is using the official translation (the game has multi-6 files inside).
Also, I'm not doing anything else for various reasons:
1. People know nothing but complain.
2. The rest of the files take too much work. (As in packing/unpacking, compressing/decompressing, it's not worth it.)
3. The game is coming out officially in a short period of time.

If you really want to fix that bug, use dsbuff, unpack your rom, and get the file matrix.s.z from an untouched rom and put it in your modified rom at data/ui/menu/str/ja and overwrite.

Kaero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Truthkey said:
Ertoil said:

What do you mean by better translation? Most of what's translated is using the official translation (the game has multi-6 files inside).
2. The rest of the files take too much work. (As in packing/unpacking, compressing/decompressing, it's not worth it.)

If you really want to fix that bug, use dsbuff, unpack your rom, and get the file matrix.s.z from an untouched rom and put it in your modified rom at data/ui/menu/str/ja and overwrite.
Then could you maybe show us how to do it? i didn't grasp if the "bug" was the translation or something totally different so..

aldwin08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
huy truthkey.. don't take it so badly.. we really appreciate your work.. we're just a disappointed you know.. but d hell, you rock my men..

Truthkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kaero said:
Truthkey said:
Ertoil said:

Then could you maybe show us how to do it? i didn't grasp if the "bug" was the translation or something totally different so..

I already explained how to do it in the last line.
If you use this file (placed where I said in the previous post) everything in the stat matrix will be translated and it won't crash changing difficulty or anything during the game, but it will crash when the first tutorial screen comes up. For that just use an untouched rom to get past that point, save, then use translated rom and there'll be no problems.

If there is any other crash at any other point that's not stat matrix it's the flashcards problem, not the translation's because I have played through the WHOLE game and nothing happened.

Kaero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Truthkey said:
Kaero said:
Truthkey said:
Ertoil said:

I already explained how to do it in the last line.
If you use this file (placed where I said in the previous post) everything in the stat matrix will be translated and it won't crash changing difficulty or anything during the game, but it will crash when the first tutorial screen comes up. For that just use an untouched rom to get past that point, save, then use translated rom and there'll be no problems.

If there is any other crash at any other point that's not stat matrix it's the flashcards problem, not the translation's because I have played through the WHOLE game and nothing happened.
Actually, it never crashed for me, =O What I was asking was, since you clearly stated there were multi-6 languages files in there, if you could show us how to make the game fully translated based on those files. That is, if it's possible xD

Truthkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kaero said:
Actually, it never crashed for me, =O What I was asking was, since you clearly stated there were multi-6 languages files in there, if you could show us how to make the game fully translated based on those files. That is, if it's possible xD

You got me wrong. I meant that in my translation the multi-6 files were included, that most of what my patch includes it's actually part of the official translation.
Also, I found out that multi-6 subtitles are included in the game, but I couldn't find a way to swap those.

Kaero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Truthkey said:
Kaero said:

You got me wrong. I meant that in my translation the multi-6 files were included, that most of what my patch includes it's actually part of the official translation.
Also, I found out that multi-6 subtitles are included in the game, but I couldn't find a way to swap those.
So, If I understood you clearly this time, there is no pre-translated files stuck in the game we could just switch in?

Truthkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kaero said:
Truthkey said:
Kaero said:

So, If I understood you clearly this time, there is no pre-translated files stuck in the game we could just switch in?

There are, but if you are using the patch released in this thread then all those files are already switched.

Kaero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So there aren't any files translating the story and dialogues? I'm just wondering, not pressuring you to add them in the next patch.

neoxephon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
swordsaintscoot said:
sigh.

i downloaded so much stuff thinking 'it wont be long until full translation!'

what a wasted effort.

...Seriously? Are you looking to get flamed by anyone and everyone in the translation scene? How is downloading a few files any kind of "effort", let alone "wasted effort"? Wasted effort would be if Truthkey did spend the time to fully translate this game. Do you realize how much time and work it takes to fully translate a game? Clicking your mouse a few times to download some files is not any kind of "effort".
mad.gif

Giratina3

Official Lilac of GBATemp
Trophies
XP
Country
neoxephon said:
swordsaintscoot said:
sigh.

what a wasted effort.

...Seriously? Are you looking to get flamed by anyone and everyone in the translation scene? How is downloading a few files any kind of "effort", let alone "wasted effort"? Wasted effort would be if Truthkey did spend the time to fully translate this game. Do you realize how much time and work it takes to fully translate a game? Clicking your mouse a few times to download some files is not any kind of "effort".
mad.gif
Just ignore him, Truthkey made an excellent patch despite some minor freezing issues in the status matrix notably i noticed it at three points.
"the difficulty turner"
"the enemy strength changer" -Green car gear thing
"the CP to EXP changer"

All of those have a text box that shows up but it doesn't show up at all, just locks up.

Truthkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Giratina3 said:
neoxephon said:
swordsaintscoot said:
sigh.

what a wasted effort.

mad.gif
Just ignore him, Truthkey made an excellent patch despite some minor freezing issues in the status matrix notably i noticed it at three points.
"the difficulty turner"
"the enemy strength changer" -Green car gear thing
"the CP to EXP changer"

All of those have a text box that shows up but it doesn't show up at all, just locks up.

Yeah, it's that weird error...
As I said in the previous page, you can fix that by putting the untranslated matrix.s.z in the translated rom. I will try to fix that anyways, I don't know why it happens.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Woody's got wood.