Just receive my BING XBOX 360 codes.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Devin, Oct 11, 2010.

Oct 11, 2010
  1. Devin
    OP

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    Turns out you receive a Micro$soft Points code via email, instead of them snail mailing it you you. (Which makes a lot more sense.) If you didn't know Bing has a Rewards offer, if you install their Toolbar, and sign up. You get 200 Bing Point for signing up, and Microsoft Points are 100 Bing Points for 100 Microsoft Points.

Oh, well. A couple indie games would be nice. Just figured I tell people to check their emails.

2. dilav

Member dilav GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Cool, I was wondering about them.

3. Devin
    OP

United States
    Yeah, I now have 280 MS Points, and have no clue what to buy.

(Another PM was sent to you.)

4. purplesludge

Member purplesludge anyone have any ideas for this space

United States
    Yep got 100 of mine also.
    Waiting on the other hundred though.

5. [M]artin

Member [M]artin .

United States
    If you're using GMail, check for a few more small tabs above your original 100 pts email. At first I thought they only sent me 100 but then I noticed that GMail had grouped 3 of those 100pt emails together since they were all sent at the same time. Slapped myself once I realized it, haha... [​IMG]

6. Fudge

Banned Fudge Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra

United States
    I'm still waiting for mine. How long does it usually take?

7. ByteMunch

Member ByteMunch GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I'd like to know too, I just ordered a couple... [​IMG]
    And also, how many searches do you guys do per point? I have to do 5, but my brother does 2... [​IMG]

8. [M]artin

Member [M]artin .

United States
    Mine have been taking anywhere from the next day to 5 days after I submitted at the latest. You should get an initial e-mail that says your points are being processed, then finally the actual e-mail with the code in it at a later date (I'm in the US).

As far as searches that count toward points go, every 2 searches count as 1 Bing Point and you can earn a maximum of 20 Bing Points from this method every day (so, 40 searches will max out your 20 Bing points for the day). The search point tracker resets at Midnight for me everyday, BTW, (don't have to wait a full 24 hrs) might do the same for you. [​IMG]

9. purechaos996

Member purechaos996 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Lol I've gotten like 5 of these so far.

10. DarkWay

Member DarkWay tsubasa hiroge

United Kingdom
    Other than searching are there any other ways of earning bing points for free? [​IMG] I haven't used bing before now but I may start using more often just to get the points [​IMG]

11. [M]artin

Member [M]artin .

United States
    [​IMG]
    If you take a look at the screenshot above, there are a few different ways to earn extra points beyond searching. First off, all new users that sign-up for the free rewards program get an automatic free 250 Bing Points. Aside from the 40 searches for 20 Bing Points per day method, there are other things you can participate in to earn more points (look at the reward box above). For example, Bing gave all users 6 free Bing Points for Halloween or something. Under that, there are other offers that refresh and change multiple times a month. Most of them are related to a historic event of some kind, as you can see above, there is a link that you can click on related to the Republic of Turkey's Proclamation and October being German-American month. You can earn 6 points each for these and earning them is very simple: you just click on a link that takes you to an article or image search and you're done!

Also, if it's Microsoft Points you're after, the conversion rate is 100 Bing Points = 100 Microsoft Points. [​IMG]

(The Bing Bar crashes Firefox a ton for me, so I just installed it on Internet Explorer [which I never use] and start up IE every morning to grab points then bury that sucker until the next day) [​IMG]

12. DarkWay

United Kingdom
    Do you have to be in the US for this to work? [​IMG] when it asks for shipping address it won't let me change it from the US [​IMG]

13. ByteMunch

United Kingdom
    I just chose some random adderss in the US using google maps... figured it dosen't matter if it's emailed. [​IMG]

14. [M]artin

Member [M]artin .

United States
    @SimplyDSL

Why are your point totals for the offers so low... are you in other country? (:wtf: )

15. ByteMunch

United Kingdom
    Yeah, in UK... But my bro and dad are too and they get 2 searches per point with a max of 10, special offers are 12 points...

Man, that sucks [​IMG]

16. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    Can Bing points be used for anything else, other than Microsoft points? I don't have an Xbox, but if they can be used for anything else, I may be interested in this.

17. Devin
    OP

United States
    Yup, there's a list of prizes. Cameras, USB Flash Drives, ect.

Bing Rewards

18. DarkWay

United Kingdom
    so I've ordered 4 lots of 100 microsoft points from the bing rewards and I'm just wondering how long does this take to process until I get my points?