Hacking Just got my Acekard 2 for DSi

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it for the DSi that I have pre-ordered. Whether it works or not, it was only 30 bucks and I can use it with my DS lite. I really don't understand this card. I currently have CycloDS and I love it. So here are some questions that I have.

Where can I get a decent theme? Just a nice, easy theme that actually has all of the buttons and you can read them.

Why does it name my saves ".nds.save"?

What FW should I use. I dont really understand the Official/unofficial thing. Also I hear you can run things like R4 Pro and YS menu and stuff.

Uhhhh I know I had more but I'm drawing a blank. I guess those are the main ones.

Sephi

fool
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks! I still prefer the CycloDS so I hope this will work on I U.S DSi

Edit: Ok so far so good, saves work properly, got a good theme but I've tried 3 games and Super Mario 64 wont work. it gets stuck at the "touch to start screen" I am also wondering what to do with my MicroSD card. I am thinking I could just use my CycloDS one but I like using alternate saves for my cyclo and the Acekard doesn't support that. I'm pretty sure a few other things might be incompatible. So I dont know if its a good idea using the SD for 2 flashcards.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
DO NOT RUN anything but official 4.12+ or akaio 1.3 final+. anything before that, any other menu system, is not coded to protect the dsi features. if you run the wrong set of code YOU WILL BRICK DSI FUNCTIONALITY. sorry for the caps, just need to make that point.

check the akaio wiki to see what it does over that of the official firmware. it is much better, updated more often, has better support, more features, etc. i used the official a few times and don't see the point. its akaio but missing all the good stuff, including all the menu/code/speed/firmware optimizations.

-another world

borgsimo

Trophies
XP
Country
Got one of the Acekard 2i's 2 weeks ago ready for the the new DSi and mine has died already. Used the official firmware to start then changed to the AKAIO 1.4.1 and now my DS will not recognise the card. The R4's i have still work in the DS's and I have tried other memory cards in the Acekard 2i and still nothing.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas what the problem is or if it is just bust.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
borgsimo said:
Got one of the Acekard 2i's 2 weeks ago ready for the the new DSi and mine has died already. Used the official firmware to start then changed to the AKAIO 1.4.1 and now my DS will not recognise the card. The R4's i have still work in the DS's and I have tried other memory cards in the Acekard 2i and still nothing.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas what the problem is or if it is just bust.
I don't think that firmware of AKAIO should be run on the card. I thought I read about that on their website.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
blame team acekard who never informed norm or smiths about any problems. norm bricked the dsi functionality of his own kit, after which he coded in checks to prevent this from happening again. the fixes have been in since 1.3 final.

did you try the ak2i on the ds? does the ds functionality work? from what i've read and been told these kits are showing many problems. i would simply return it for a replacement as all acekard products have a 1yr warranty.

-another world

borgsimo

Trophies
XP
Country
Another World said:
blame team acekard who never informed norm or smiths about any problems. norm bricked the dsi functionality of his own kit, after which he coded in checks to prevent this from happening again. the fixes have been in since 1.3 final.

did you try the ak2i on the ds? does the ds functionality work? from what i've read and been told these kits are showing many problems. i would simply return it for a replacement as all acekard products have a 1yr warranty.

-another world

did try the ak2i on the ds and everything worked great.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1