DSi got wet. Any advice?

AWESOMEGAMER

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No worries (^^)/
Even thought I do not belong here. If and that is a big if do not EVER put that back cover on again, make sure to put a HARD cover on the bake of that DSi not those gel covers like they sell for the n3ds.
I am just going to guess that you have an micros sd card *me too oh to the yas*
Well I forgot how to to that cool thing that the n3ds does and I am too lazy to look it up *oh well* and my PC many moons ago my ISP was junk, so that is why I took it off in the first place. Oh and I lost those itty bitty little witty screws anyway *yea lol*
I have dropped mine may may times. Try to get a cover that clicks and locks in place or a rubber one like a bumper one, these are the kind you see on phones, know as bumper cases, they are very thick.
I have a hard case, with the back cover not screwd on and I have dropped it so many times, and the back has never came off not once. the only how that happens is if I did not *click* it to the sides of the n3ds.

Nikster31

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No worries (^^)/
Even thought I do not belong here. If and that is a big if do not EVER put that back cover on again, make sure to put a HARD cover on the bake of that DSi not those gel covers like they sell for the n3ds.
I am just going to guess that you have an micros sd card *me too oh to the yas*
Well I forgot how to to that cool thing that the n3ds does and I am too lazy to look it up *oh well* and my PC many moons ago my ISP was junk, so that is why I took it off in the first place. Oh and I lost those itty bitty little witty screws anyway *yea lol*
I have dropped mine may may times. Try to get a cover that clicks and locks in place or a rubber one like a bumper one, these are the kind you see on phones, know as bumper cases, they are very thick.
I have a hard case, with the back cover not screwd on and I have dropped it so many times, and the back has never came off not once. the only how that happens is if I did not *click* it to the sides of the n3ds.
I'm honestly surprised with how nokia-esque the DSi is in terms of fall damage. If only it was waterproof 😓

I had a micro SD inside an R4 card and the stock SD card it came with inside when it happened. Can't open any of them up. Just leavin em out to dry for now

Takezo-San

Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
I'm honestly surprised with how nokia-esque the DSi is in terms of fall damage. If only it was waterproof 😓

I had a micro SD inside an R4 card and the stock SD card it came with inside when it happened. Can't open any of them up. Just leavin em out to dry for now
bummer, also don't try to turn on the console if you know its water damaged. It will only add to the corrosion around the connectors. All the best with it.

Reactions: Nikster31

Nikster31

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bummer, also don't try to turn on the console if you know its water damaged. It will only add to the corrosion around the connectors. All the best with it.
Thanks. I tried putting it to charge in a fit of panic after the incident and all that happened was the orange indicator kept blinking but that's about it. Here's to hoping nothing happened, so long as I can get these stripped screws out.

Reactions: Takezo-San

AWESOMEGAMER

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dont charge it
The charge is going to let your battery get hot. Basically You just put the charger in the wall to the battery, with the to the circuit board, to fry it, so let cross the fingers.
You need rice and 1month I am not joking
I had done this beforewith a phone, put I planned to replace the thing I wanted my card out of it.
A fan and a blow dryer for later (not kidding I wish I was joking right now how I wish I had not used this)

Reactions: Nikster31

MaGosT

Trophies
XP
Country
I believe the memories you are hunting are saved on the SD-card, if by memories you are referring to photos and you had the sd card inside the DS from day 1 (Photos were afaik saved to SD by default). If I recall correctly all DSi came with an installed SD-card?

So I would let that dry properly and then take a look at its contents. The good news is that SD cards are fairly robust, so it will probably be just fine :)

Nikster31

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe the memories you are hunting are saved on the SD-card, if by memories you are referring to photos and you had the sd card inside the DS from day 1 (Photos were afaik saved to SD by default). If I recall correctly all DSi came with an installed SD-card?

So I would let that dry properly and then take a look at its contents. The good news is that SD cards are fairly robust, so it will probably be just fine :)
Yes, photos and other things.

There is an SD card but in order for things to be saved there I have to copy it from the system memory, which is probably stored somewhere in the motherboard. For instance, when I go to save a flipnote, it'll ask me if I want to save it to the 'external SD' or the system memory.

If what you say about the SD is true, then that would be great, because I can't open it up to dry the internal components. I just hope if I do test it that it doesn't fry up on me or something.

QOXhW8Y.png

So does anyone know what I should do about these screws? Is superglue at the tip of a screwdriver my best bet?

MaGosT

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, photos and other things.

There is an SD card but in order for things to be saved there I have to copy it from the system memory, which is probably stored somewhere in the motherboard. For instance, when I go to save a flipnote, it'll ask me if I want to save it to the 'external SD' or the system memory.

If what you say about the SD is true, then that would be great, because I can't open it up to dry the internal components. I just hope if I do test it that it doesn't fry up on me or something.

QOXhW8Y.png

So does anyone know what I should do about these screws? Is superglue at the tip of a screwdriver my best bet?
Ye I would use either glue or a plastic pen, heat the plastic so it turns soft and then press into the screws so the plastic takes the same shape and pull up after a few seconds. Let it cool and then use as a screwdriver.

Worst case i guess you drill the screws?

Reactions: AWESOMEGAMER

AWESOMEGAMER

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the DSi have that flat thing on the side like the n3ds does.
It is meant for the use of the stylus to pop the back cover off.
(it is flat and smooth and can fit your stylus head in side of it)
When one of those silly screws would not come off of my back. I used a flat head (screwdriver) pop it up and then turn it around.
If your DSi has one of these just use a Flathead to pop it up. :-? IDK how your back cover is made though.
This is a ridge on the side that fits the stylus for all 2-3ds models so I have no idea if they made this for that model. The DSFAt does not have one which is the model I had before my n3ds (I know cry just cry) .・゚゚・(/ω\)・゚゚・.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1