Hacking Just Got Acekard

whoppers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my Acecard with a 1gig and im wondering how do i put firmware and games on it? Do i just drag and drop or do i need to make folders?

Holaitsme

10/10 would be loyal again
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can make folders to keep it more organized but you don't have to.

As for the firmware I recommend akaio and all you do is drag the __aio folder and akmenu4.nds on to the root of the card you can also put the official loader in the ak2loader subfolder within the __aio folder for better game compatibility.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Download the either the latest official firmware (currently 4.11) or AKAIO custom firmware.

Official is here: http://www.acekard.com/download.php
AKAIO is here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=3104

Unzip the firmware. You'll see a file named "akmenu4.nds" and a folder named either "__ak2" or "__aio" depending on which firmware you're using.

Place the file and folder (along with its contents) onto your microSD card. Make a folder named "games" and place a few .nds files in it.

Always use the "safely remove hardware" option to remove the microSD card from your computer.

Insert the AK2 into your DS. Insert the microSD card into the AK2.

Turn it on. Navigate to your "games" folder and select a game to run. Click the game's icon with the stylus to run it. You can also change game options by using the "start" menu with the game selected.

You can get more information at Acekard's website: http://www.acekard.com

-Bri

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The official firmware uses the Bliss menu (which Bliss is no longer developing).

AKAIO is a different menu which has all of the features of Bliss and then some. AKAIO is being actively developed by Smiths and Normmatt, and runs on both the AK2 and the AKRPG (which is why it's named AIO -- All in One).

Gelu also has his own menu for the RPG only. Gelu's changes to his menu are usually incorporated into AKAIO.

-Bri

SoulAnger

MENUdo's Developer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Looks like AK has alot of menus, available. Hope it has room for one more
smile.gif

Btw, any features and advantages on AKAIO?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I didn't mention YSMenu for the AK2 since I don't see an advantage of that menu over others available for the AK2.

There is also a limited version of Sakura that will run on the Acekard 2.

AKAIO has the most features of any of the other menus.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)