03bgood

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had already beat the 3DS port and just a few days ago, I beat the original Wii U version and one thing that really pissed me off was how you lose 5 hearts, instead of just one, when using "Mellow Mode". This wasn't a problem in the 3DS version, but it was in the Wii U version. I even died more times on the Wonderful World of Wool stage in the Wii U version, than in the 3DS version and don't get me started on the boss tent, that was dreadful! The first few ones were easy but the later bosses, had me dying repetitively. When I finally got to Baby Bowser, I must have died like 20 or more times. It's so fucking hard to avoid his attacks and even hit him with a yarn ball in the first phase of the battle and it's very easy to make to the second phase, with only one heart. I didn't die in the 3DS version, but I kinda came close. I still think the Wii U version looks and plays better, but the 3DS is a lot easier with the Poochy pups and losing only just 1 heart of health in "Mellow Mode", instead of 5.

Last edited by 03bgood,

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I really dislike the Mellow Mode.
I'm fine with it since you're not forced to use it at all. But I never would use it.
If there would be a situation that requiere alot of tries, I would just try it alot.
But since it's not only a Yoshi's Island game, but also a game from Good-Feel Studios I guess it makes sense to add that mode.
I shouldn't complain. It's finally a very good Yoshi's Island game again. It was a while since they released such a good game in the series (even if some where okay/decent).

(not sure if that is the kind of answer you expect or want in this thread)

Last edited by VitaType,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I really dislike the Mellow Mode.
I'm fine with it since you're not forced to use it at all. But I never would use it.
If there would be a situation that requiere alot of tries, I would just try it alot.
But since it's not only a Yoshi's Island game, but also a game from Good-Feel Studios I guess it makes sense to add that mode.
I shouldn't complain. It's finally a very good Yoshi's Island game again. It was a while since they released such a good game in the series (even if some where okay/decent).

(not sure if that is the kind of answer you expect or want in this thread)
In fact I'd even go as far as to say it's better than Yoshi's Island, because you don't have the annoying baby to take care of :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0