Status
Not open for further replies.

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GreatCrippler said:
I don't see the point of this debate. It makes less than no sense to me. Why does anyone care if gay people can be married by law? Be who you want to be with. Who gives a shit if the state recognizes the union.
People give a shit because there are legal benefits that gay people wouldn't be getting if their union wasn't recognized by the state.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alex221 said:
Rydian said:
Alex221 said:
I Hate Gay People,There Is A Gay Guy In My School Named David,But I Call Him Gayvid.The Scary Part Is That He Is My Neighboor.You know, if you're under 13 you shouldn't be on forums without your parent's explicit permission.
QUOTEThe Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, effective April 21, 2000, applies to the online collection of personal information from children under 13.
Actually,I Just Turned 13 On June The 13 XD And By The Way,1 More Year And Im Going To High School Im Not A Kid.
Being a certain age doesn't make you a kid. The ignorant and naive things you say make you a kid.

Alex221

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dinofan01 said:
Alex221 said:
Rydian said:
Alex221 said:
I Hate Gay People,There Is A Gay Guy In My School Named David,But I Call Him Gayvid.The Scary Part Is That He Is My Neighboor.You know, if you're under 13 you shouldn't be on forums without your parent's explicit permission.
QUOTEThe Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, effective April 21, 2000, applies to the online collection of personal information from children under 13.
Actually,I Just Turned 13 On June The 13 XD And By The Way,1 More Year And Im Going To High School Im Not A Kid.
Being a certain age doesn't make you a kid. The ignorant and naive things you say make you a kid.
Oh..Sorry I Didnt Know.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
VashTS said:
sorry to burst everyones bubble. gay is a trend. nothing more.
I find this an interesting and slightly funny statement. If anything homophobia is a trend. Through out history homosexuals have been present and open with out a problem. Then came all these different religions saying it was a problem which started homophobia through out the times. Now the churches are getting stale and studies have reveal that homosexuality is normal and nothing anyone can control. So people are slowly realizing no matter what the bitching they do it's not going to go anywhere. But yet there are still those select insecure few who still cling to it, not really even knowing what they are hating, just ignorantly spewing out homophobic remarks not realizing that in turn they are the ones who look like fools.
If anything in history has proven hatred is a trend. Just look at the hatred towards Jew, Blacks, Witches, Communist, ect. Nowadays any hatred towards them is frowned upon and soon homophobia will be as well.
Face it, if anything this proves hatred is slowly dieing.

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Magmorph said:
When people say Jesus is loving are they just ignorant of this passage or ignoring it?

Revelation 2:22-23
"Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

out of context, much?

that revelations passage is not a good example:
a) revelations in general is not a good example. its about good vs evil. the evil shall be punished basically.
b) it is basically written cryptically (even revelations in general is about that).
c) that passage was written to a church about a "false church", and a prophetess that was doing evil
"Nevertheless, I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess. By her teaching she misleads my servants into sexual immorality and the eating of food sacrificed to idols. I have given her time to repent of her immorality, but she is unwilling" (2:20-21)
therefore, children in this case would not mean actual children. meaning, her followers. again, you must take in to consideration revelations is symbolic.
killing the followers could mean that when the second coming nears that when they are judged they will be sent to hell because they are evil.
d) jesus being loving does not mean that they can't be punished for sins.

of course, everyone has their own interpretation.

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alex221 said:
I Hate Gay People,There Is A Gay Guy In My School Named David,But I Call Him Gayvid.The Scary Part Is That He Is My Neighboor.
Damn son.

I thought I was too biased against gays. Jeez man.

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Magmorph said:
GreatCrippler said:
I don't see the point of this debate. It makes less than no sense to me. Why does anyone care if gay people can be married by law? Be who you want to be with. Who gives a shit if the state recognizes the union.
People give a shit because there are legal benefits that gay people wouldn't be getting if their union wasn't recognized by the state.

You can have a legally binding union without marriage. Share last names, and file your taxes together. Don't see where this gets infringed upon. Marriage is an outdated custom that people seem to put way to much belief in. Be with who you want to be with. Legal documents stating as much is rather pointless.

Alex221

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ferrariman said:
Alex221 said:
I Hate Gay People,There Is A Gay Guy In My School Named David,But I Call Him Gayvid.The Scary Part Is That He Is My Neighboor.
Damn son.

Its Not Just Me Man Everyone In The School Hates Him,I Think He The Worst Hated Person In School.

Posts merged

Ferrariman said:
QUOTE(Alex221 @ Aug 5 2010, 03:09 PM)
Damn son.

Its Not Just Me Man Everyone In The School Hates Him,I Think He The Worst Hated Person In School.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Prophet6000 said:
o-o so everyone is forced to like gay people now and obey gay law?
Why most we be referred to as gay people? And Gay laws? Why in 2010 in America is is this still gong on?

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MFDC12 said:
Magmorph said:
When people say Jesus is loving are they just ignorant of this passage or ignoring it?

"Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

out of context, much?

a) revelations in general is not a good example. its about good vs evil. the evil shall be punished basically.
b) it is basically written cryptically (even revelations in general is about that).
c) that passage was written to a church about a "false church", and a prophetess that was doing evil
"Nevertheless, I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess. By her teaching she misleads my servants into sexual immorality and the eating of food sacrificed to idols. I have given her time to repent of her immorality, but she is unwilling" (2:20-21)
therefore, children in this case would not mean actual children. meaning, her followers. again, you must take in to consideration revelations is symbolic.
killing the followers could mean that when the second coming nears that when they are judged they will be sent to hell because they are evil.

Why does it matter to you who is being killed? Is killing someone a good solution to anything? Is sending someone to hell better than killing them? Honestly sending someone to hell or killing them no matter what they have done doesn't sound very loving to me.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Prophet6000 said:
o-o so everyone is forced to like gay people now and obey gay law?
It's not called "liking", it's called "tolerance", something parents sadly almost never teach their kids.

Also, what the hell's a "gay law"?
tongue.gif

Alex221

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even If I Dislike Gay People,Why Do We Call Them Gay? Maybe We Should Just Call Them Cat Boys XD Just Kiddin Im Not Trying To Make Fun Of You Man.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Alex221 said:
Even If I Dislike Gay People,Why Do We Call Them Gay? Maybe We Should Just Call Them Cat Boys XD Just Kiddin Im Not Trying To Make Fun Of You Man.
Better idea, why not just call us people.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alex221 said:
Ferrariman said:
Alex221 said:
Damn son.

Posts merged

Ferrariman said:
QUOTE(Alex221 @ Aug 5 2010, 03:09 PM)
Damn son.

Personally, I love how you follow everyone else and hate someone that you don't even know.
It's a real sign of adulthood, kid.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Alex221 said:

Why Do You Talk In Spaced Camel Case? It Seems Like More Trouble Than It's Worth In Order To Look Bizarre.

We call them gay because that's the relative definition of the word? Homosexual

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone wants to be a minority... Lets get a gay woman hispanic president who is of islamic faith, and get all of this out of the way. People are people, be moronic sheepish people. Who cares about the differences in race, sexuality, and religion.

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GreatCrippler said:
Magmorph said:
GreatCrippler said:

You can have a legally binding union without marriage. Share last names, and file your taxes together. Don't see where this gets infringed upon. Marriage is an outdated custom that people seem to put way to much belief in. Be with who you want to be with. Legal documents stating as much is rather pointless.
I may be wrong but from what I remember the legal union doesn't have the same benefits as marriage. I'm not sure on this though.

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Magmorph said:
MFDC12 said:
Magmorph said:

out of context, much?

Why does it matter to you who is being killed? Is killing someone a good solution to anything? Is sending someone to hell better than killing them? Honestly sending someone to hell or killing them no matter what they have done doesn't sound very loving to me.

look at this way:
parents are supposed to be loving and caring for a child, right? if they do wrong, they get punished (spanked, timeout, whatever).
is this not the same? jesus is "our father", right? why would we not get punished for our wrong doing? are the parents wrong and unloving for punishing a child?

please keep in mind im agnostic, im pretty sure i posted this in the main post. if not, you know now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: ok