• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Joe Biden Wins - Becomes 46th president of the United States

• Thread starter yusuo
  • Start date
  • Views 435,725
  • Replies 7,444
  • Likes 45
Status
Not open for further replies.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, there has been a lot of craziness out there going on with the world. All i can say is, "Thats america for ya!"
the issue then becomes although you can argue that "Crazys" have always be there. In past they usually kept to themselves quietly but once they started hearing the "Dog Whistles" They feel emboldened to lash out etc "stand back and standby"
As now they are stating "We're not going to 'stand back and stand by' anymore. We're standing up and going after you if you come after us"
The issue is if States refused to illegally change Electors for Trump, are they going to "act" on it?

Driving_duck

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the issue then becomes although you can argue that "Crazys" have always be there. In past they usually kept to themselves quietly but once they started hearing the "Dog Whistles" They feel emboldened to lash out etc "stand back and standby"
As now they are stating "We're not going to 'stand back and stand by' anymore. We're standing up and going after you if you come after us"
The issue is if States refused to illegally change Electors for Trump, are they going to "act" on it?
Its kind of like a saying for ants. They used to hide in their tunnels, keeping to themselves with other of them, till something happens that causes the ants to go around and biting people. Thats how america is right now, were people act with insanity, until someone dies, and then 3 days later they go back to the same shit they always done.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its kind of like a saying for ants. They used to hide in their tunnels, keeping to themselves with other of them, till something happens that causes the ants to go around and biting people. Thats how america is right now, were people act with insanity, until someone dies, and then 3 days later they go back to the same shit they always done.
... severally people already died... and the temp only seems to be getting hotter.

Reactions: AmandaRose

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Oh look a link from the Gellerreport a website run by
Pamela Geller an American anti-Muslim, far-right, political activist, Let's also not forget that Geller promoted birther conspiracy theories about President Barack Obama, saying that he was born in Kenya and that he is a Muslim. She has denied genocides where Muslims were victims, such as that of Albanians in Kosovo, Bosnians in Srebrenica and the Rohingya in Myanmar and a whole lot more bullshit.

Yep a really fine and upstanding person indeed who deserves to have us all visit her website and to have us all read her racist and anti Muslim posts. I will pass thanks.

Reactions: kingaz

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea isn’t ironic When people allowed a 17 year old kid buy heavy assault rife, carried fire arms across state lines .. when he clearly just learned to wipe his own butt and can not handle open carry.. and unable to handle himself when he is confronted and fires his gun at multiple people, killing 2 and paralyzing 1

Last edited by djpannda,

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh look a link from the Gellerreport a website run by
Pamela Geller an American anti-Muslim, far-right, political activist, Let's also not forget that Geller promoted birther conspiracy theories about President Barack Obama, saying that he was born in Kenya and that he is a Muslim. She has denied genocides where Muslims were victims, such as that of Albanians in Kosovo, Bosnians in Srebrenica and the Rohingya in Myanmar and a whole lot more bullshit.

Yep a really fine and upstanding person indeed who deserves to have us all visit her website and to have us all read her racist and anti Muslim posts. I will pass thanks.

Oh look, selective editing, ignored every other link i posted. "omg look it comes from 'insert non lefty here' so it must be bullshit" that's every rebuttal you ever make, and to be honest after you deleted multiple posts i made on your blog I've no intention of carrying on this discourse with you. Keep deleting and censoring stuff you don't like, if only your teachers taught you the sticks and stones song. You clearly can't handle any type of disagreement with your opinions, It's only a matter of time until you call the thought police and run off to a mod to have your voice elevated above all others (again). Your voice is the right voice after all.

Yea isn’t ironic When people allowed a 17 year old kid buy heavy assault rife, carried fire arms across state lines .. when he clearly just learned to wipe his own butt and can not handle open carry.. and unable to handle himself when he is confronted and fires his gun at multiple people, killing 2 and paralyzing 1

Never understood this train of thought. 17 is a kid now? Why you allowing 17yr olds to drive cars then, they're death machines. Also im gaging from your response you dont think 17yr olds should be able to defend themselves.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh look, selective editing, ignored every other link i posted. "omg look it comes from 'insert non lefty here' so it must be bullshit" that's every rebuttal you ever make, and to be honest after you deleted multiple posts i made on your blog I've no intention of carrying on this discourse with you. Keep deleting and censoring stuff you don't like, if only your teachers taught you the sticks and stones song. You clearly can't handle any type of disagreement with your opinions, It's only a matter of time until you call the thought police and run off to a mod to have your voice elevated above all others (again). Your voice is the right voice after all.
Please show me absolutely any post of mine in this thread where I said the BLM riots were acceptable. I will give you a little hint you won't find any.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Never understood this train of thought. 17 is a kid now? Why you allowing 17yr olds to drive cars then, they're death machines. Also im gaging from your response you dont think 17yr olds should be able to defend themselves.
My teachers taught me rightly that words can do more damage than weapons. But let's look further at your sticks and stones comment.

Why 'Sticks And Stones' Is The Most Idiotic Idiom We Have.

Whoever came up with “sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me” is seriously delusional. I, personally, have never had a stick or stone thrown at me. However, there is not a shortage of mean words that have been spoken to me.

In the case of hateful speech, words definitely are mightier (or do more damage) than a sword. Words may not cut through your flesh but they cut through your confidence, heart, and soul. Wounds from words cannot be healed with some peroxide and a bandage. These wounds don’t take days, but rather years to heal.

Some never do.

Many people may cover up their wound but never fully address it and allow it to become a weakness.The wounds may not change our physical appearance, but they greatly batter our inner-selves.

Words have a ripple effect. They first stab at a person and give them a quick stinging feeling. Then they sink down into the person’s gut. Then they reach someone’s brain where they hide until that person is lying in bed at 2 a.m. not able to sleep.

Words shape people. For better or for worse. How many times have you been encouraged to speak something into existence? The same idea goes for words. Only so many times can someone be called ugly before they are incapable of seeing themselves as anything else.

There was a time where words were used for art and poetry. They were an attempt to describe the beauty of the world and one another and put it on paper. Now words are filled with hate and used as killers instead of creators. Moments may fade, but words can last forever.

Words have the power to hurt, but they also have the power to heal. It takes a coward to spew hate, but someone with real courage to spread kindness even in the face of darkness.

So no, sticks and stones don't break my bones, but words can definetly hurt me.

Reactions: IncredulousP

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
My teachers taught me rightly that words can do more damage than weapons. But let's look further at your sticks and stones comment.

Whoever came up with “sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me” is seriously delusional. I, personally, have never had a stick or stone thrown at me. However, there is not a shortage of mean words that have been spoken to me.

In the case of hateful speech, words definitely are mightier (or do more damage) than a sword. Words may not cut through your flesh but they cut through your confidence, heart, and soul. Wounds from words cannot be healed with some peroxide and a bandage. These wounds don’t take days, but rather years to heal.

Some never do.

Many people may cover up their wound but never fully address it and allow it to become a weakness.The wounds may not change our physical appearance, but they greatly batter our inner-selves.

Words have a ripple effect. They first stab at a person and give them a quick stinging feeling. Then they sink down into the person’s gut. Then they reach someone’s brain where they hide until that person is lying in bed at 2 a.m. not able to sleep.

Words shape people. For better or for worse. How many times have you been encouraged to speak something into existence? The same idea goes for words. Only so many times can someone be called ugly before they are incapable of seeing themselves as anything else.

There was a time where words were used for art and poetry. They were an attempt to describe the beauty of the world and one another and put it on paper. Now words are filled with hate and used as killers instead of creators. Moments may fade, but words can last forever.

Words have the power to hurt, but they also have the power to heal. It takes a coward to spew hate, but someone with real courage to spread kindness even in the face of darkness.

Holy crap. Your words are hurting my eyes.

He was pointing out that you post outrage against protests targeting politicians but you aren't protesting against rioters and looters targeting civilians on the other side of the aisle.

Your cancel culture soapbox got in the way of actually having integrity.

Reactions: Doran754

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Holy crap. Your words are hurting my eyes.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

He was pointing out that you post outrage against protests targeting politicians but you aren't protesting against rioters and looters targeting civilians on the other side of the aisle.
Again point out where I said the BLM riots were acceptable. You won't find any such comment here.

And to quote

if only your teachers taught you the sticks and stones song.

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Some never do.

I feel attacked and threatened by this post, can a mod DM me so we can discuss how best to make me a victim and have this user censored. Thanks.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol that funny, I Guess you never dealt with a 17 year old. That is literally the dumbest stage of life. There a reason why a lot of things are restricted until your 18-21. and yes He personally was not able to handle open carry.. AS HE KILLED 2 PEOPLE outside his home state lines..

Last edited by djpannda,

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The topic is selective condemnation.
Let me just say so we are all clear here even though I have posted this numerous times in other threads.

THE BLACK LIVES MATTER RIOTS IN AMERICA WERE NOT ACCEPTABLE BUT NEITHER IS A MOB OF PEOPLE WITH GUNS WHO ARE TERRORISING AN INNOCENT FAMILY.

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
lol that funny, I Guess you never dealt with a 17 year old. That is literally the dumbest stage of life. There a reason why a lot of things are restricted until your 18-21. and yes He personally was not able to handle open carry.. AS HE KILLED 2 PEOPLE outside his home state lines..

Which point are you making, you keep mentioning state lines. Is it okay if he defends himself in his own state when other people with guns come towards him or is your outrage about the fact he was in a different state. I guess we have different definitions, he used the gun for its purpose, to save his life. That's what he did, seems well handled to me. So is 17 a kid? You never replied. Why do you let kids drive cars, im bemused.

If you're going to use the word "literally" then use it correctly. It's quite clear that 17 isn't the dumbest stage of life and if you think this then you should be looking at your own education system.

Last edited by Doran754,

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which point are you making, you keep mentioning state lines. Is it okay if he defends himself in his own state when other people with guns come towards him or is your outrage about the fact he was in a different state. I guess we have different definitions, he used the gun for its purpose, to save his life. That's what he did, seems well handled to me. So is 17 a kid? You never replied. Why do you let kids drive cars, im bemused.
your sad...
So tell me at what year is it ok for a CHILD to walk around the street carry a weapon when there are thousands of people protest.

Your the type of parent that does not give a Fuck. that lets your child carry a knife to school when you know HES THE school BULLY.

Reactions: Xzi and AmandaRose

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Fuck Rittenhouse. If there is a hell, he'll burn there for eternity just like every other murderer. The second you leave both your house and your state intentionally looking to start shit, a claim of self-defense is no longer valid.

It also occurs to me that Rittenhouse is exactly the type of criminal Republicans would normally advocate the death penalty for. Can't say the blatant hypocrisy continues to surprise me at this point, though.

Last edited by Xzi,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHNH5pnioQk