Hacking Is your R4 stuck on "Loading..."?

garp99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks, this section got my R4 updated with new _system_ and moonshl/ update.

Does the moonshell2 work on any R4?

megaman671

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
garp99 said:
Thanks, this section got my R4 updated with new _system_ and moonshl/ update.

Does the moonshell2 work on any R4?

yes, it works on any flash card i think (im running it on r4-iii now)

rhfb

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I just got this now after trying to boot up a game. The system asked me if I wanted to create a save file, so I did, it hung on trying to make a save file, I turned off the machine, and now NOTHING can read the card. The R4 shows loading screen and my computer doesn't even detect the card as being there. If I unplug and plug it back in a bunch it will show up for a split second, but I can't format it in that time. Is there ANYTHING I can do to format this card? I've tried the official SD card formatted but that doesn't allow me to format the card as it doesn't detect it.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
rhfb said:
So I just got this now after trying to boot up a game. The system asked me if I wanted to create a save file, so I did, it hung on trying to make a save file, I turned off the machine, and now NOTHING can read the card. The R4 shows loading screen and my computer doesn't even detect the card as being there. If I unplug and plug it back in a bunch it will show up for a split second, but I can't format it in that time. Is there ANYTHING I can do to format this card? I've tried the official SD card formatted but that doesn't allow me to format the card as it doesn't detect it.

Sounds like your microsd card has been completely trashed. Not sure if there's anything you can do about it. Do you have a phone or a camera you can try formatting it in? You're not using a R4 SDHC by any chance are you?

amaro

Trophies
XP
Country
R4 team is not dead. http://www.r4.ndsl.cc/
R4 plus,R4DS,Revolution For DS-WWW.R4DS.COM
excl.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
amaro said:
R4 team is not dead. http://www.r4.ndsl.cc/
R4 plus,R4DS,Revolution For DS-WWW.R4DS.COM
excl.gif

How many times do people have to be told. The R4 Team is dead, they have ceased to be, they no longer exist, they are in fact the parrot from the Monty Python parrot sketch. The site that you posted IS NOT the R4 Team, IT IS for a knockoff/clone/copy/cheap-ass-ripoff cart though. You've been here for long enough to know this, do me a favour and don't tarnish the thread with something you claim is fact when it's not. There's about 1000 threads now from people claiming "Teh R4 iz knot dedz" when all they're doing is posting the site for a clone.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
The card is a copy of the original R4, it might be a good copy but it's still a copy. It's not the original R4 Team like you told people it was.

ericling

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
TrolleyDave said:
rhfb said:

Sounds like your microsd card has been completely trashed. Not sure if there's anything you can do about it. Do you have a phone or a camera you can try formatting it in? You're not using a R4 SDHC by any chance are you?

I got this problem too....><
Even my phone cannot detect...
And...I try the new microsd card,format,install r4..Run in nds
And then it still stuck in "loading"...But I need to KEEP adjust my microsd card until it work...
That really tired..
Anyway to make microsd work everytime without me adjust it?
I feel like something wrong with my R4...

ericling

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
TrolleyDave said:
rhfb said:

I got this problem too....><
Even my phone cannot detect...
And...I try the new microsd card,format,install r4..Run in nds
And then it still stuck in "loading"...But I need to KEEP adjust my microsd card until it work...
That really tired..
Anyway to make microsd work everytime without me adjust it?
I feel like something wrong with my R4...

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
It sounds like a faulty cart mate I'm afraid. Probably something wrong with the way the reader inside the card is seated stopping the microsd card from making proper contact.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, that's exactly what I mean. The EDGE is updated more frequently, has a really good build quality and doesn't suffer from being cloned so you're always guaranteed to get an original. It's my favourite cart next to the AK2 running AKAIO.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Microsoft is worth 3.2 Trillion according to Google lol