Transferring ACNL save data

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Tired302, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Tired302
    OP

Tired302 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2019
    Japan
    So thank you to everyone who helped me set up my New 2DS! But there has been one problem I haven't been able to solve and that is transferring the save data of ACNL. I tried using checkpoint but it just told me my save data was corrupted and needed to be deleted. Then I had given up and just put the cartridge in the console. I gave up on trying to transfer save data to the CIA and just thought I'll play the cartridge when it also said to me my save data was corrupted and needed to be erased. Mind you I can easily load it up on my O3DS with no problems. What am I doing wrong guys? Thank you to everyone I always appreciate your help!

2. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Addict

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    Try using JKSM if that dont work, then your going to have to set up a save on the source you want to use and grab the secure value. That value will then to hex edited into the save you want to use via HxD and loaded afterwards.

3. Tired302
    OP

Tired302 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2019
    Japan
    Would JKSM work better than Checkpoint? Also so I just set up a save file on the CIA of ACNL? Then I find a secure value. But question how do I know what the secure value is? And then I just edit that value into my own save file? Am I correct?

4. lone_wolf323

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    When you extract the save file of the current save on your cia. The secure value is going to the the first line in the HxD file of garden.dat. You will copy that line from the recent save, over to the save you would like to use. Import your save after that. Just make sure not to load ACNL before that value and import is complete or it will change again on you and need to be redone.

5. Tired302
    OP

Tired302 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2019
    Japan
    Do I have to start a new file first or is it ok now as it is?

6. lone_wolf323

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    If you have a file saved to the cia you have already. Just export the save file to grab the secure value. If you dont have a save yet, then yes you will need to create one.

7. Tired302
    OP

Tired302 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2019
    Japan
    Thank you so much! I will try this when I get home.

8. Tired302
    OP

Tired302 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2019
    Japan
    Just tried it. Sadly, it didn't work. I replaced the top line of the garden_plus.dat and when I replaced the files using Checkpoint I got a notification saying save data was corrupted. What did I do wrong? I'm sorry for bothering you all again.

9. Tired302
    OP

Tired302 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2019
    Japan
    Question could it be because my previous console was US and my new one is JPN? Otherwise I'm just not sure what I'm doing wrong....

10. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    If you have a backup of your Nintendo 3DS folder before doing any Secure Value edits, manually restore the encrypted save file.
    • sdmc:/Nintendo 3DS/<ID0>/<ID1>/title/0004000/<TID LOW>/data/00000001.sav
    , where <TID LOW> will depend on whichever region + edition of the game you have.
    • 0004000000086300 = Animal Crossing™: New Leaf (USA) (CTR-N-EGDE)
    • 0004000000198E00 = Animal Crossing™: New Leaf Welcome amiibo (USA) (CTR-P-EAAE)

Next, export the decrypted version of your AC:NL save data in GodMode9.
    • [A:] SYSNAND SD/title/0004000/<TID LOW>/data/00000001.sav Copy to 0:/gm9/out.

ZIP archive and upload the file here, or if you do not wish to publicly share your save, private message me.

11. Tired302
    OP

Tired302 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2019
    Japan
    No problem I still have my O3DS data. I will check there later today. I should mention before I do anything. That I have a cartridge. Will the .sav file still be in the Nintendo 3DS folder? And thank you for your offer I will pm you later today.

12. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    I can take a look if your game progress is intact, so send whatever it is that you find.

(Most) physical games don't make their saves on SD card. Depending if your save file hasn't been overwritten from previous bad restores, you can try pulling the AC:NL save out of the cart with SaveDataFiler (find this app yourself) if JKSM and Checkpoint did not work.

Perhaps switch over to using digital copy of the game when you restore it.

13. smile72
    This message by smile72 has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jul 19, 2019, Reason: Requested.
    Jul 19, 2019