ROM Hack AntisaveGame Restore/Encryption Issue (Pokemon X)

TorturousKitty

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

This may be a lost cause, but I'm making a final effort to get my save back. Years ago I upgraded my 3DS to a New 3DS. I had previously had 2 different SD cards and couldn't figure out how to merge them prior to my transfer. One SD card only had my digital copy of Pokemon X, so I thought at the time, "I'll just move that data over later."

I came to find out that my file is basically in limbo. I cannot use the file with my old 3DS because that 3DS has been wiped clean after the transfer. My New 3DS will not recognize the file. I have recently learned it's not only due to AntisaveGame Restore, but also because it is encrypted.

My question is: If I were to hack my old 3DS, is there any chance I can "fix" my old save file and then use it on my New 3DS? Or is the file in purgatory forever? It was my favorite Pokemon game and had a lot of my best Pokemon on it. I had contacted Nintendo regarding getting my file back and they were unable to help me.

**If this is in the wrong area I apologize. I'm new to this website. Thank you so much for anyone who takes the time to respond!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For your Pokemon X save file, did you retain the original Nintendo 3DS folder from which it came from? Did you keep intact that folder's directory structure?
  • sdmc:/Nintendo 3DS/<ID0>/<ID1>/title/00040000/00055D00/data/00000001.sav
It's super crucial to know what that <ID0> subfolder's exact 32-char name is. Without this, you can't decrypt the save file.

Do you still have the actual o3DS that the save was created on?
This part is trickier as the second piece of the puzzle is reconstructing the very same encryption KeyY that goes with that <ID0>.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

TorturousKitty

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For your Pokemon X save file, did you retain the original Nintendo 3DS folder from which it came from? Did you keep intact that folder's directory structure?
  • sdmc:/Nintendo 3DS/<ID0>/<ID1>/title/00040000/00055D00/data/00000001.sav
It's super crucial to know what that <ID0> subfolder's exact 32-char name is. Without this, you can't decrypt the save file.

Do you still have the actual o3DS that the save was created on?
This part is trickier as the second piece of the puzzle is reconstructing the very same encryption KeyY that goes with that <ID0>.

Sorry for the delay. Yes, I do have that saved on my computer and in the SD card as well. I can see that long number you are describing.

I have the original 3DS, however as I'm sure you know after the system transfer to my New 3DS it deleted everything on my old system.

Again I very much appreciate your help!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This statement is unclear. A system transfer copies the NAND (i.e. the internal 3DS system memory) from one unit to another, including the encryption key. Are you trying to run Pokemon X on the unit targeted by the system transfer? Did you not copy the complete contents of the SD card? Please provide as many details as possible.
I made my own thread about this so if you have further insight, please feel free to respond here.

I am trying to use my Pokemon X file from my original 3DS on my New 3DS. The SD card containing Pokemon X was not inserted into the old system when I performed the system transfer. I have not tried using the entire folder from my SD card, I had only tried inserting the .sav file.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the delay. Yes, I do have that saved on my computer and in the SD card as well. I can see that long number you are describing.

I have the original 3DS, however as I'm sure you know after the system transfer to my New 3DS it deleted everything on my old system.

Again I very much appreciate your help!
Found on the 3DS internal NAND memory, you'll need to find a file called the movable.sed. Study how its KeyY relates with encrypting everything within <ID0>.
Please carefully read that entire thread and the warning about publicly sharing or showing the movable.sed.

Let me know when you've learned and are comfortable enough knowing what's in store later.

Reactions: TorturousKitty

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am trying to use my Pokemon X file from my original 3DS on my New 3DS. The SD card containing Pokemon X was not inserted into the old system when I performed the system transfer.
I'm not entirely sure about this KeyY business, but it sure sounds to me that since you did a system transfer, your New 3DS should have the same old encryption key as your old 3DS.

So here's what I would do – quick, easy, and nondestructive.
  • Using your New 3DS, generate your moveable.sed using the instructions at https://3ds.hacks.guide/seedminer . (Once you've downloaded your moveable.sed, you're done.)
  • Download ninfs for Windows from https://github.com/ihaveamac/ninfs/releases . You will also need boot9.bin , the 3DS arm9 boot rom. (You can generate this easily on a 3DS with CFW installed, but boot9.bin is the same for every 3DS unit out there and Google can help you.)
  • ninfs instructions are here. Mount your old SD card backup in ninfs and copy the .sav file to somewhere else on your hard drive; this will automatically decrypt it.
  • Unpack the .sav file using 3ds-save-tool and see if you can open the resulting files in pkhex.

Reactions: TorturousKitty

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative