Hardware Is it safe to check firmware then factory reset?

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm selling my Wii U console, which comes with Mario Kart 8 preinstalled. I'm thinking of checking the system for it's firmware (It's brand new), then formatting(Factory reset) the system. But does anyone know if this will delete Mario Kart 8 off the system or even not allow the next setup to download Mario Kart 8 again? I just really want to know what firmware it's on, even though there's a high chance of it being 5.4.0 since it's the latest Mario Kart 8 bundle.

Jack_Sparrow

Ruthless Pirate
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm selling my Wii U console, which comes with Mario Kart 8 preinstalled. I'm thinking of checking the system for it's firmware (It's brand new), then formatting(Factory reset) the system. But does anyone know if this will delete Mario Kart 8 off the system or even not allow the next setup to download Mario Kart 8 again? I just really want to know what firmware it's on, even though there's a high chance of it being 5.4.0 since it's the latest Mario Kart 8 bundle.
Idk man, i think you have to setup with eShop first than you can redownload..

dragnmastr85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does in fact delete the local mario kart 8 data. So you have to redownload it for free. This sucks if you plan to resell it so keep that in mind.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does in fact delete the local mario kart 8 data. So you have to redownload it for free. This sucks if you plan to resell it so keep that in mind.
Thanks man, glad I never checked it. I ended up buying another console on 1.0.3 and I JUST sold the MK8 bundle. I'm all set!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Why do that when they make bogus accounts