Hacking Factory reset homebrewed Wii?

AfanGotTheWiiOn26December

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
How do I factory reset my Wii? It's homebrewed and has BootMii and Priloader, but those two can stay. Just wanna delete the whole RiiConnect, WiiLink thing. Do I just format Wii System Memory?
Post automatically merged:

Just realized. Don't wanna delete my Mii's. How do I do it now?

Last edited by AfanGotTheWiiOn26December,

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Factory Reset on a Wii just deletes personal data - your miis and game saves and such. It's not likely to (properly) remove homebrew.

As for how to remove Riiconnect24... I don't know. I did a quick search, and found little beyond deleting the channel from the Wii menu (using stock Wii data manager > channels).

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
If the channels go to how they were (the Disc, Mii, Photo, Shop, Weather, News) then I'm happy. I installed Savegame Manager GX and copied savedata and used Mii Extractor to extract my Mii's. I load all of my games from USBLoader GX, so I'll just reinstall that. Is that all?

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the channels go to how they were (the Disc, Mii, Photo, Shop, Weather, News) then I'm happy.
No, that's not what format Wii system memory does. It just deletes the things that Nintendo (knew about, unlike homebrew, and) considered personal data: miis, save games, things you would get rid of before someone else got that Wii. It gets rid of Wii shop channel installs, but not all homebrew that installs as a channel. And it certainly doesn't (properly) undo homebrew system changes.

https://wiibrew.org/wiki/System_Memory_Format

If you mean will that happen if you remove the Riiconnect24 channel, I don't know.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. I'm a bit surprised that this well regarded software doesn't seem to have an uninstall option (documented).

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
No, that's not what format Wii system memory does. It just deletes the things that Nintendo (knew about, unlike homebrew, and) considered personal data: miis, save games, things you would get rid of before someone else got that Wii. It gets rid of Wii shop channel installs, but not all homebrew that installs as a channel. And it certainly doesn't (properly) undo homebrew system changes.

https://wiibrew.org/wiki/System_Memory_Format

If you mean will that happen if you remove the Riiconnect24 channel, I don't know.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. I'm a bit surprised that this well regarded software doesn't seem to have an uninstall option (documented).
I think I will reset it and see what happens. My Mii's are backed up, my save data is backed up, everything else I can recover easily. Will update

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you want to go back to full stock then you may have to do some extra stuff, and wii.hacks.guide has a guide on what all you need to do and where: https://wii.hacks.guide/wii-factory-reset

Also probably a good idea to read that entire page first before you try and make the blank NAND, there is a pretty decent chance of a brick otherwise.

Riiconnect24 also have their own Discord, so if you encounter a specific issue with their hardware it might be a good idea to drop in and ask for assistance directly at the source, so to speak.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle