Homebrew IronHax & YoutubeHax - FREE HOMEBREW!!!

Paranoid Mouse C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any word from Smea?

Smea at 11:59
ewZNbgO.jpg

Xeonhawk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are only two conclusions I can draw from this:

Nintendo silenced him by sending him a C&D (remember, Nintendo must be wanting to stop homebrew on such a large scale since any person can just go ahead and download Ironfall)

Or they offered him a non-disclosure agreement where he gets paid not to release Ironhax or talk about it at all, a lot like how it was speculated Dark_AleX was paid by Sony not to release any more CFW.

Only feasible reasons why, really makes no sense otherwise for him to not tweet at all in nearly 2 days.

Also, that's why Ironfall was never pulled from the eshop. They did this in anticipation to just stop him one way or another.

Smealum said he was only going to announce something, not release something. So what could be stopping him from just an announcement? Nintendo stopping him one way or another.

thebatdadd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regardless of whatever reason he has for not being active for 2 days, if I were him I honestly would not release it at this point. So many ungrateful idiots on his twitter and on here it's unbelievable. He's a dude with a busy life, he could be having family or medical issues for all we know. The entitlement is ridiculous.

Substance12

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Also, that's why Ironfall was never pulled from the eshop. They did this in anticipation to just stop him one way or another.

Smealum said he was only going to announce something, not release something. So what could be stopping him from just an announcement? Nintendo stopping him one way or another.

"sorry everyone, something came up so the "something" i was going to announce is not happening yet. never said i'd release today."

yet

I have a theory, and it's that N hasn't done an effort to prevent this because Ironhax doesn't gets you kernel access and isn't that big of a deal like it was with Ninjhax 1 which provided you with it

Xeonhawk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"sorry everyone, something came up so the "something" i was going to announce is not happening yet. never said i'd release today."

yet

I have a theory, and it's that N hasn't done an effort to prevent this because Ironhax doesn't gets you kernel access and isn't that big of a deal like it was with Ninjhax 1 which provided you with it

You do know that Ironhax would lead to piracy of VC games and themes on a large scale, right? Nintendo will stop any sort of exploits, they even shut down Regionthreee, they don't care about how "harmless" you perceive it to be.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of

yet

Sudokuhax was harmless as well and they killed the hell out of it -- real quick. Nintendo doesn't like seeing any layers of it's DRM protection peeled away.
1. it makes staging more dangerous exploits easier 2. prospective devs/publishers get worried. 3. cheating.

Substance12

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
You do know that Ironhax would lead to piracy of VC games and themes on a large scale, right? Nintendo will stop any sort of exploits, they even shut down Regionthreee, they don't care about how "harmless" you perceive it to be.

Their loss for having such a lacking VC that's not been updated for a while, and for SELLING THEMES. 2015 GUYS.

And Ironhax doesn't lets you play VC games, the VC emulator is pretty much flawless, but it requires kernel access to inject other games onto it.

Xeonhawk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Their loss for having such a lacking VC that's not been updated for a while, and for SELLING THEMES. 2015 GUYS.

And Ironhax doesn't lets you play VC games, the VC emulator is pretty much flawless, but it requires kernel access to inject other games onto it.

Nice rebuttal LOL

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You're not understanding this. If someone figured out how to exploit the kernel, then Ironfall would be a MASSIVE entry point. As I recall from a tweet from their developers, Ironfall was downloaded a few hundred thousand times since Smea's announcement. I'm willing to find that tweet. In Nintendo took action, this is why.

EDIT: Here.

Vnov98f.png

Last edited by Selim873,

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
You're not understanding this. If someone figured out how to exploit the kernel, then Ironfall would be a MASSIVE entry point. As I recall from a tweet from their developers, Ironfall was downloaded a few hundred thousand times since Smea's announcement. I'm willing to find that tweet.

Vnov98f.png
tweet is 25th of July, ironhax announced on the 1st.

olshrimpeyes

Your question is bad and you should feel bad
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're not understanding this. If someone figured out how to exploit the kernel, then Ironfall would be a MASSIVE entry point. As I recall from a tweet from their developers, Ironfall was downloaded a few hundred thousand times since Smea's announcement. I'm willing to find that tweet. In Nintendo took action, this is why.

Vnov98f.png
Well that tweet is from 6 days from before Ironhax announcement.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya