Tactics Ogre: Reborn to launch November 11, according to a new leak

TacticsOgre-Reborn_2022_07-25-22_002-768x432.jpg

It appears a remake of the 1995 strategy title Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together will be coming to the PS4 and PS5 this November, if a new leak is to be believed. A listing for the game was picked up by PlayStation Store price-tracking website PSdeals, with a full listing for the title appearing on the website. The game will apparently release on November 11, and will have cross-buy with the PS4 and PS5 versions. This new version is based on the 2010 PSP remake of Tactics Ogre.

While Tactics Ogre: Reborn has never been officially announced by Square Enix, this isn't the first time it's leaked. It was first mentioned in the GeForce Now leak from September, which, while not 100% accurate, did accurately predict a few games in the past few months, including the remakes of the Grand Theft Auto trilogy, God of War being ported to PC, and Square Enix's remake of Chrono Cross. Square Enix then trademarked the name in Japan in April, and a listing reportedly appeared on the PlayStation Store last month before being quickly taken down.

The full list of features, pulled from PSdeals, can be seen below.

This product entitles you to download both the digital PS4™ version and the digital PS5™ version of this game.

Tactics Ogre, crown jewel of the tactical role-playing genre, is reborn!

Based on the 2010 release, the game features improved graphics and sound, as well as updated game design, bringing to life a new Tactics Ogre that remains true to its roots.

・Game Features
-A tactical role-playing game depicting the struggle for control of the Valerian Isles.

-Your choices affect how the story unfolds, and even how it ends, with a game system that allows for multiple paths through the game and multiple endings. The story takes place through the eyes of a young man named Denam. The decisions he makes will alter the fate of those around him, and shift the course of Valeria's history.

-Fight pitched tactical battles on three-dimensional battlefields. The completely revamped AI enables enemies to adapt their tactics to the situation, providing a battle system that always keeps you thinking and never grows old.

-The class-wide level management system used in Tactics Ogre (2010) has changed to a unit-by-unit level system. Theorycraft your way through endless combinations of classes, equipment, skills, and magic.

-Enjoy numerous playability improvements, such as a quicker pace of battle, auto save, and a complete overhaul to the controls and UI to make it easier to get into the game than ever.

-The unparalleled details of the characters and backgrounds from the original Tactics Ogre (1995) have been painstakingly recreated in high definition.

-The cutscenes are fully voiced in English and Japanese, and all of the music has been rerecorded with live performances! The voices bring new life to the complex motivations of the characters that make up the factions and shifting political alliances of this epic story.

-When you advance far enough in the game you'll unlock the World Tarot, enabling you to travel back in the story with the power of your forces intact; an incredibly useful feature in a game where your choices have such a huge impact on how the story unfolds. If you wonder what a different choice would have led to, now you can find out!

-Traveling back isn't limited to the story; the Chariot Tarot lets you rewind up to a certain number of moves during battle. In a game of tactical battles where a single mistake can mean the difference between victory and defeat, you can play without worrying that you'll back yourself into a corner.

-Enjoy a wealth of endgame content such as the 100-level Palace of the Dead.

If you already own the PS4™ version of this game, you can get the PS5™ digital version at no extra cost and you do not need to purchase this product. Owners of a PS4™ disc copy must insert it into the PS5™ every time they want to download or play the PS5™ digital version. PS4™-game-disc owners who buy the PS5™ Digital Edition disc-free console will not be able to get the PS5™ version at no extra cost.

Offline single player
Remote Play allows users to connect to and play games on their PlayStation®4 or PlayStation®5 using a mobile device, PC, or another PlayStation®4 or PlayStation®5.
Offline play enabled

Online features require an account and are subject to terms of service and applicable privacy policy (playstationnetwork.com/terms-of-service & playstationnetwork.com/privacy-policy).

Software subject to license (us.playstation.com/softwarelicense).

You can download and play this content on the main PS5 console associated with your account (through the “Console Sharing and Offline Play” setting) and on any other PS5 consoles when you login with your same account.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Come on Square, give me an Ogre Battle 64 remaster/remake, or at least release it on current platforms! And add some higher difficulty modes!

They are aware that people want a new one, instead of a recooked game?
Maybe they want to "test the waters"?

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've recently started playing the psp version.
And I find the mechanics to be less intriguing than in FF Tactics.
A modern succesor to FFTA would be amazing. With higher difficulty and picking out the best bits of the other tactics games.
I'm not sure if you know this but Tactics Ogre was the game that directly preceded Final Fantasy Tactics (ps1). So you assessment would be accurate.

breaktemp

D-Sun who was called D-Moon
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well...time to sit back and wait for physical pre-orders to open.
Would also be a nice pick up on STEAM/PC.
Sunk so many hours on the PS1 and PSP versions.
Really glad to hear they are removing the class-leveling (from the PSP version).
Highly recommend everyone try out the game (at least the first 3 battles).

Reactions: Xzi

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
at least unlike all those remakes or hd upgrade versions that are recently thrown out this game at least is really old so that lots of younger folks have never played it before !

Makes sense doing this now to see if this will be well recieved and then maybe make a proper new one if this one sells enough to justify making a new one.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently started playing the psp version.
And I find the mechanics to be less intriguing than in FF Tactics.
A modern succesor to FFTA would be amazing. With higher difficulty and picking out the best bits of the other tactics games.
I kind of agree.
I love a good tactics game, but imo many of the games released in the last decade and a half that fit that description miss the mark by adding in systems that detract from the core gameplay or are too bare-bones to offer any depth.
The only tactics style titles I've really enjoyed in recent years were the two Project X Zone games on 3ds.

Hopeful that Tactics Ogre remastered might kick start a trend to bring back some other greats of the genre... Super Robot Wars remastered collection would be pretty sweet.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh wow, that screen shot is actually the new game, I thought it was just an old screen shot. Geez, they could have at least made it look a little bit better. It looks exactly like it did on PSP.

videogamefanatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh wow, that screen shot is actually the new game, I thought it was just an old screen shot. Geez, they could have at least made it look a little bit better. It looks exactly like it did on PSP.
The render resolution is higher than PSP, but they also upscaled the sprite art with hqx4 or xBR or something similar which doesn't look great. It'd have been better if they stuck to the original render resolution (or slightly larger) and used a nearest neighbor scaling on the whole canvas instead of melting the sprites. The original sprites were made to be rendered at their native pixel-perfect scale on PSP and it looked great

zorokenshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Really what's with this people at Square Enix a Re fried Game from another Re fried this people don't have a minimum of respect for they fanbase and gamers in general I just hope that at least they bring this too for the switch and other systems greedy bastards

OldManLav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are aware that people want a new one, instead of a recooked game?
Speak for yourself! Never gonna get a new game until a series proves itself to be financially viable, unfortunately.

Considering my expectations have been zero for many years, I'll take what I can get

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself