Hacking ios36 currupt

icecold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
zap284 said:
i have all my stuff on the homebrew channel... i dont have any forwarders or anything like that...

So, you dont have:

BootMii@Boot2
Nand backup
Priiloader
HBC
Forwarder channel

4.3 and you cant run any game and format did nothing.
Im out of ideas.

Lets hope 4.4 can help you.

zap284

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does any1 even know what ios i messed up?

EDIT: maybe reformatting the wii in a different language would reset some ios?

EDIT2: if nobody has any more ideas i might just start programming a virus to wipe it clean... maybe a dos program to import a nand backup which i can probly get somewhere online...

EDIT 3: ima try some different ways of getting preloader or something on the wii. ill post my results later
didnt work

chonka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hm , you said you corrupted IOS36 but now you arent sure. Since devkitpro uses ios36 as default ios 'most' app wont work

i hexed wad-importer to boot from another ios besides ios36, and succeeded in fixing someone elses corrupt ios36 before - but you will need to find a hack to get this to boot, and if like you say ios36 is corrupt then smash stack is out, so looks like your left with indianapwns

1 - run indiana pwns
2 - boot wadimport_IOS55_boot.dol
3 - install IOS36-64-v3608.wad

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Indiana_Pwns

wadimport_IOS55_BOOT and IOS36-64-v3608.wad
http://www.mediafire.com/?b7qhcgjnjd53p80

zap284

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that might work... what im more concerned about is indiana jones probly wont load, just like the rest of my games.

if indiana jones works then i have alot more room to work with, if you know what i mean. im not concerned if i can get indiana jones working

EDIT1: does any1 know of any kind of app at all that can work without installing anything?

marc_max

Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Solution 1:
I guess you still have HBC.
Some old applications can be hex edited to use other IOS than 36.
Search:
2B 0A 00 24 (24 is 36 in hex)
and change it to:
2B 0A 00 F9 (F9 is 249 in hex, you can change it to the IOS you want to use)

For example, if you still have trucha in some IOS you can hex edit an old Any Title Deleter and delete IOS36. Then insert SSBB and it will install IOS36 back.
Main problem is that I don't know if you have trucha bugged IOS. If you have at least one then you are saved.

Solution 2:
Another solution is adding the to the meta.xml of your applications. Maybe you will be able to run Dop-Mii with AHBPROT this way. If this doesn't work, then at least you will be able to run most of applications from HBC (even if they don't use AHBPROT at all).

icecold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
zap284 said:
that might work... what im more concerned about is indiana jones probly wont load, just like the rest of my games.

if indiana jones works then i have alot more room to work with, if you know what i mean. im not concerned if i can get indiana jones working

EDIT1: does any1 know of any kind of app at all that can work without installing anything?

Multi Mod Manager ...
http://mmm4wii.posterous.com/

but how will you load it ?

zap284

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Solution 1:
Search:
and change it to:

For example, if you still have trucha in some IOS you can hex edit an old Any Title Deleter and delete IOS36. Then insert SSBB and it will install IOS36 back.
Main problem is that I don't know if you have trucha bugged IOS. If you have at least one then you are saved.

Solution 2:
Another solution is adding the to the meta.xml of your applications. Maybe you will be able to run Dop-Mii with AHBPROT this way. If this doesn't work, then at least you will be able to run most of applications from HBC (even if they don't use AHBPROT at all).

yeah, most of my ios have trucha. but i dont have homebrew channel and i probly couldnt get it to load if i did... so this really doesnt help much. the no ios reload might work.... ill give that a shot and edit this post with my results

QUOTE said:
you still need a way to boot an app :\ and you dont have HBC so hm
yeah no kidding... the banner bomb strategy is close to working... but it gives me the #004 error for everything ive tried so far

Multi Mod Manager ...
http://mmm4wii.posterous.com/
but how will you load it ?
i wont... thats the problem. it most likely uses an ios which ive screwed up... hence why i cant get anything to run

icecold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
zap284 said:
QUOTE said:
Solution 1:
Search:
and change it to:

Solution 2:

yeah, most of my ios have trucha. but i dont have homebrew channel and i probly couldnt get it to load if i did... so this really doesnt help much. the no ios reload might work.... ill give that a shot and edit this post with my results

on 4.3 without bannerbomb, HBC or a game that can be exploited, how are you planing to run it ?

zap284

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive had very limited success with bannerbomb on 4.3 believe it or not... so thats my best shot...

zap284

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nnno? ive gotten 1 or 2 custom dols to run by making it think theyre updates of some sort... i forget exactly but ive done it before on 4.3... ill have to do some extensive research and look through my old files again...

at any rate i guess ill just have to wait to see if indiana pwns will work, seeing as how 99% of dols and elfs dont run using bannerbomb...

does any1 know of ANY other way to load things?

marc_max

Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
zap284 said:
so yeah. my dumb brother updated to 4.3 which of course wiped all my custom stuff. all the ios, homebrew channel, preloaders, everything. gone... now this is where i failed. i had started to reinstall everything i lost. after a while i had most of it back... but i couldnt get coverfloader to work. i needed a trucha bugged ios36... so i installed one i found online... next thing i know my wii wont do anything. it wont load games, it wont load homebrew, and i cant load dol or elf files from the sd card menu (it gives me error #004)
1. First of all. Forget about Bannerbomb on 4.3.

2. I thought you had HBC installed. You say that you lost everything and reinstalled everything, then I understand that you still have HBC installed (if not, then I don't know why you left HBC as the last thing to install). If you had HBC it could run even with a corrupted IOS36 because on 4.3 it runs with IOS58/61 (in most cases).

3. I think that you are a bit lost on Wii scene. If you don't have HBC then the won't do anything.

4. If LEGO Indiana Jones doesn't run on IOS36, then you will be able to run applications. You can try the hex edit trick in some of them if they don't work, it can be your Wii salvation, really.

zap284

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nah. i lost all my stuff when it was updated to 4.3... yes i had reinstalled most of it. but after i failed with one of the ios that caused it to stop booting things, i had attempted to fix it by reformatting the system memory... which obviously failed, yet removed all my stuff a second time... i guess ill give up on bannerbomb hacks then and focus on more hopeful things eh? xD

so i am rather unskilled when it comes to this "hex edit trick" can somebody explain it or post a link?

marc_max

Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
zap284 said:
nah. i lost all my stuff when it was updated to 4.3... yes i had reinstalled most of it. but after i failed with one of the ios that caused it to stop booting things, i had attempted to fix it by reformatting the system memory... which obviously failed, yet removed all my stuff a second time... i guess ill give up on bannerbomb hacks then and focus on more hopeful things eh? xD

so i am rather unskilled when it comes to this "hex edit trick" can somebody explain it or post a link?
You should have waited before formating your Wii. If you had HBC now you could restore everything.
You will have to use Indiana Pwns then.
The hex edit trick is explained on my previous post. You must use an hex editor (xvi32 for example) and edit a .dol file. It must be an old application compiled with older libogc, the newer ones don't have this magic hex string. If you modify an old Any Title Deleter with this method and run it through Indiana Pwns then you may have a chance to recover it.

zap284

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
You should have waited before formating your Wii. If you had HBC now you could restore everything.
i know that now >_< i thought it would fix it
frown.gif

ill look into the hex edit and see what i can do. check back eventually and see if i got it to work or not. thanks
wink.gif

EDIT1: if any1 wants to speed things up they could edit a title deleter themselves and upload it. cuz im having trouble finding the right app and hex files

EDIT2: ok i cant find an old title deleter with that string of hex values... little help here?

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is a last resort option, does anyone think this could work?

If he has a modchip and a non d3-2 drive, couldnt he download an ISO of, say, Brawl, Lego Indiana Jones, or Yugioh 5D's, change the IOS the disk loads with (I forget what the name of that program is though), then burn it to a disk and load that, then proceed with the exploit?

chonka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
he has no modchip

and you also have the wadimport ive already hexed for you, it will install an official ios36

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: