Hacking ios36 currupt

zap284

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so yeah. my dumb brother updated to 4.3 which of course wiped all my custom stuff. all the ios, homebrew channel, preloaders, everything. gone... now this is where i failed. i had started to reinstall everything i lost. after a while i had most of it back... but i couldnt get coverfloader to work. i needed a trucha bugged ios36... so i installed one i found online... next thing i know my wii wont do anything. it wont load games, it wont load homebrew, and i cant load dol or elf files from the sd card menu (it gives me error #004)

yes i looked up all the obvious fixes such as reinstalling ios36, updating, and reformatting.
they either dont work or i cant try any of them because i have no way of loading anything...
so right now my wii is kinda semi bricked. i can do stuff in the system menu... but nothing else. it always either restarts my wii or gives me the black screen of death... and yes. i tried the black screen fix

i just need a way to run SOMETHING so i can start trying things again...
does anyone know how to flash a wii? that might work.
i know i can fix it myself once i get my homebrew channel back.

for future reference, i dont have the money for a modchip, my system menu is 4.3, and its ntsc-u
any ideas and suggestions are more than welcome. please help
sad.gif

icecold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
zap284 said:
so yeah. my dumb brother updated to 4.3 which of course wiped all my custom stuff. all the ios, homebrew channel, preloaders, everything. gone... now this is where i failed. i had started to reinstall everything i lost. after a while i had most of it back... but i couldnt get coverfloader to work. i needed a trucha bugged ios36... so i installed one i found online... next thing i know my wii wont do anything. it wont load games, it wont load homebrew, and i cant load dol or elf files from the sd card menu (it gives me error #004)

yes i looked up all the obvious fixes such as reinstalling ios36, updating, and reformatting.
they either dont work or i cant try any of them because i have no way of loading anything...
so right now my wii is kinda semi bricked. i can do stuff in the system menu... but nothing else. it always either restarts my wii or gives me the black screen of death... and yes. i tried the black screen fix

for future reference, i dont have the money for a modchip, my system menu is 4.3, and its ntsc-u
sad.gif

So, your on 4.3 without Homebrew Channel and you cant run games to rehack it?
Do you have Bootmii/boot2? Do you have a Bootmii backup?

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
icecold said:
zap284 said:

sad.gif

EDIT: Well, fu
tongue.gif
When I pressed the quote button you still had "PriiLoader" in your post
tongue.gif

zap284

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:

like i said. the update removed all traces of homebrew except the ios of course...
i guess ill try installing it. most likely ill get the #004 error

icecold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
zap284 said:
QUOTE said:

like i said. the update removed all traces of homebrew except the ios of course...
i guess ill try installing it. most likely ill get the #004 error

Yes, but did you do a NAND backup with Modmii before this?

icecold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
zap284 said:
no i did not...

also the attempt to install bootmii was a failure

Do you or your friends have any games on this list? (RETAIL NTSC-U)

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's
LEGO Indiana Jones
Super Smash Brothers Brawl

zap284

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes. i own super smash bros brawl and have succesfully used smash stack in the past. why?

zap284

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope. as previously stated my ios36 is corrupt and im unable to run games or apps. im not exactly looking for a quick fix here... i was more looking for a way to restore a nand backup or run an app without using system files, which are corrupted...

i really dont know. im desperate >_<

and dont say its bricked cuz its not. as a last resort i wait until 4.4 comes out or bannerbomb works on 4.3

icecold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
zap284 said:
nope. as previously stated my ios36 is corrupt and im unable to run games or apps. im not exactly looking for a quick fix here... i was more looking for a way to restore a nand backup or run an app without using system files, which are corrupted

Diffrent games uses diffrent IOSes.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl uses IOS36.. that you corrupted.

Can you get your hands on another game in the list?

4.4 might fix it, bannerbomb is closed.

zap284

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iso versions? easily... but im guessing you mean retail versions... i dont like the idea of spending money but yeah. i can rent em from blockbuster or something.

your saying other games should work because only my ios36 is corrupt and not the others?... makes sense. ill go try some other games and report the results to make sure it has a chance of working before i spend money

EDIT: yeah most games worked just fine... i guess now i have to go rent lego indiana jones or something eh? hahaha. well thanks for the help. ill head to blockbuster this weekend

icecold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
zap284 said:
iso versions? easily... but im guessing you mean retail versions... i dont like the idea of spending money but yeah. i can rent em from blockbuster or something.

your saying other games should work because only my ios36 is corrupt and not the others?... makes sense. ill go try some other games and report the results to make sure it has a chance of working before i spend money

EDIT: yeah most games worked just fine... i guess now i have to go rent lego indiana jones or something eh? hahaha. well thanks for the help. ill head to blockbuster this weekend

Yes.

Please try to use the guides here next time so you dont end up in a discusion with me.

zap284

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
o crap... turns out my other games dont work... at all... im stupid and assumed they would work fine >_

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
First, THERE IS A CHANCE. I remember I had some same problem.

Clear the System Memory trough the options in the wii menu. That help, first try to update that may work...
tongue.gif

zap284

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:

Clear the System Memory trough the options in the wii menu. That help, first try to update that may work...
tried both already. neither do anything

icecold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
zap284 said:
QUOTE said:

tried both already. neither do anything

So, non of your games work ? Its not just IOS36 thats corrupted then.

Have fun waiting for 4.4 or 5.0.
wink.gif

zap284

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well hey now. im not giving up just yet... can i do anything with a burned cd or something? maybe theres a dos prgram i could put on my sd card or flash drive.

just some way to downgrade a system menu might do the trick

icecold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
zap284 said:
well hey now. im not giving up just yet... can i do anything with a burned cd or something? maybe theres a dos prgram i could put on my sd card or flash drive.

just some way to downgrade a system menu might do the trick

You dont have any usb-loader channel or something ?

zap284

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have all my stuff on the homebrew channel... i dont have any forwarders or anything like that...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Oh my gosh is noon, time to play... a Sonic Streets of rage game 😎