Hacking Installed bad theme, wii bricked and need assistance

pgbedinghaus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently installed a theme on my Wii but I fear that the theme was corrupted before i downloaded it. I had starfall installed on my Wii but the files that were on my SD card for starfall were deleted. i installed the title changer, region changer and console recovery when y is pressed on a game pad. My Wii is on firmware version 3.2u and has the homebrew channel installed, but not the twilight hack. I'm unsure of what type of brick I have but i can boot the Wii and I recieve the health screen and then i can see the Wii menu. I cannot access anything on the menu though, with the exception of the calendar. I would GREATLY appreciate any assistance. I have attempted using the savemiifrii method, though when i boot savemiifrii it shows my firmware but when I place the game animal crossing into the console (which I was told contained the v3.3 firmware) the screen just goes black and nothing happens. Thanks again in advance for any help recieved!

Ltsykes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Do you have the original wii theme (000000045.app I think)? If you have, try to make an autoboot disc to boot into the theme installer, and replace the bad theme.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Livin in a box said:
You can have themes for your Wii now? Didn't know that.
Do you really live in a box?
tongue.gif

http://softmii.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=7

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
Lol, I love how many people have said to me that I actually live in a box. I don't really follow the Wii anymore, I've juts forgotten about it. I get the odd game, but I don't really mess with it anymore. It's on modded 4.0...

I'm hijaking this thread here. Help this poor guy out, don't bother telling me what a theme is. I'll find out myself.

pgbedinghaus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ltsykes said:
Do you have the original wii theme (000000045.app I think)? If you have, try to make an autoboot disc to boot into the theme installer, and replace the bad theme.

BillandAlisha said:
QUOTE(Livin in a box @ Jul 2 2009, 03:58 PM) You can have themes for your Wii now? Didn't know that.

Best to show him the guide --> http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=164202
Neither of these methods would work for me because I can't load the homebrew channel at all....I can't access any channels or the wii settings or saves. The only thing I can do after it boots is, get past the health screen and toggle over the different channels. Any other ideas on fixes or just ways to get it back to the normal theme and remove homebrew channel. Or a way to destroy the harddrive/firmware so that I could turn it in as a hardware failure on a gamestop warranty? I just don't want to return it to gamestop with any signs of modding. I bought this wii through a friend who works at gamestop and I don't want to risk getting him fired over a wii.

Ravager90

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
don't kill me if I'm wrong but I think Savemii Free is an option. Therefore you need a GC pad and a game-disc with an 3.3 or 3.4 Update. Wonder if there is one, I hope for you ...

pgbedinghaus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ravager90 said:
don't kill me if I'm wrong but I think Savemii Free is an option. Therefore you need a GC pad and a game-disc with an 3.3 or 3.4 Update. Wonder if there is one, I hope for you ...

I already attempted this with a copy of animal crossing, which is supposedly 3.3 update, but the console didn't update. I have been heard that you must have preloader already installed to use this trick and i have heard that savemii free won't load original gamecube games but I don't know how valid these claims are. Once again thanks for assistance and any more would be greatly appreciated.
biggrin.gif

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
pgbedinghaus said:
Ravager90 said:

I already attempted this with a copy of animal crossing, which is supposedly 3.3 update, but the console didn't update. I have been heard that you must have preloader already installed to use this trick and i have heard that savemii free won't load original gamecube games but I don't know how valid these claims are. Once again thanks for assistance and any more would be greatly appreciated.
biggrin.gif

You're not really trying to update with the Gamecube version of Animal Crossing are you ??
Find an original Wii game, and try again.

Ps.

Not trying to bash you, but I really don't understand why people are soooo careless when installing themes.
You should really have some brick protection (preloader / bootmii) before attempting this.
I also bricked on 2 occassions installing themes.

Preloader saved my life.

Ltsykes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
pgbedinghaus said:
Ltsykes said:

BillandAlisha said:
QUOTE(Livin in a box @ Jul 2 2009, 03:58 PM) You can have themes for your Wii now? Didn't know that.

Neither of these methods would work for me because I can't load the homebrew channel at all....I can't access any channels or the wii settings or saves. The only thing I can do after it boots is, get past the health screen and toggle over the different channels. Any other ideas on fixes or just ways to get it back to the normal theme and remove homebrew channel. Or a way to destroy the harddrive/firmware so that I could turn it in as a hardware failure on a gamestop warranty? I just don't want to return it to gamestop with any signs of modding. I bought this wii through a friend who works at gamestop and I don't want to risk getting him fired over a wii.

You cant load them from the system menu, but, there are some special autoboot discs that boots on the channel itself, using the IOS, try to find them, or try to make them, and use the savemii frii to boot it. Correct me if Im wrong, but I think this could work

D

Deleted-171178

Livin in a box said:
Lol, I love how many people have said to me that I actually live in a box. I don't really follow the Wii anymore, I've juts forgotten about it. I get the odd game, but I don't really mess with it anymore. It's on modded 4.0...

I'm hijaking this thread here. Help this poor guy out, don't bother telling me what a theme is. I'll find out myself.
Saxondale lives in a box?

pgbedinghaus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WalkerOfTheDay said:
pgbedinghaus said:
Ravager90 said:

biggrin.gif

You're not really trying to update with the Gamecube version of Animal Crossing are you ??
Find an original Wii game, and try again.

Ps.

Not trying to bash you, but I really don't understand why people are soooo careless when installing themes.
You should really have some brick protection (preloader / bootmii) before attempting this.
I also bricked on 2 occassions installing themes.

Preloader saved my life.

My mistake I meant to say Wii instead of gamecube. I attempted to update with the Animal Crossing Wii game because I heard that it was v3.3 but I am unsure of that statement. I read that it would update to v3.3 on a random forum and I can't even find that forum again....i haven't been able to verify it at all so if anyone could recommend a Wii game that they know has v3.3 or v3.4 on it and know that it will install from the savemii free menu I will gladly go out and rent it for a new attempt.
As far as my carelessness goes I know now how dumb it was. I figured that since I had starfall I would be fine. I attempted to install bootmii but I couldn't figure out how to install so I just gave up and put the theme on. It was impatient and stupid. Thanks again for any assistance.

pgbedinghaus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ltsykes said:
pgbedinghaus said:
Ltsykes said:

BillandAlisha said:

You cant load them from the system menu, but, there are some special autoboot discs that boots on the channel itself, using the IOS, try to find them, or try to make them, and use the savemii frii to boot it. Correct me if Im wrong, but I think this could work

Could you elaborate on this idea because it seems like it could work but I'm not exactly sure. In my channel select screen whenever I attempt to load a channel I get the system menu is corrupt screen. So if it requires selecting a channel I think it will fail.....but if it executes a different way there is a chance that it will work. TY for any assistance or ideas!!!!!!!!

Laughlyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this happened to me, i took a saw to a GC pad to get savemiifree working but i'm waiting for an update higher than 4.0 atm as i'd just used the custom 4.0 installer toi update it (hoping wii sports resort fixes) luckily i have another wii to try.

Custom menu's are pretty high risk as far as i read. the guy who made the skin i used had checked, double checked and treble checked before uploading but still missed one small bit and buggered it up. I have heard Savemiifree works so in that respect it makes the custom menu's safer, u just need to keep ur system menu below a current disk firmware update.

pgbedinghaus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hackotedelaplaque said:
Do you have CIOSCORP ?
If so, search for autoboot discs.
Else,
- wait for a retail disc with higher update [EDIT didn't see you already try this]
- or buy a modchip.

Do you know were to get a good autoboot disk b/c I've downloaded a couple but they were only like 33 megs and I burned them to a DVD-R but I used Nero Burning ROM so I don't know if that would be the reason they didn't work. So if you could tell me where a good autoboot disk is and layout a process to use for burning it I would greatly appreciate it. By CIOSCORP do you mean have I installed a cios? because if this is what you mean then yes I have. Sorry if I ask stupid questions but I'm not a very experienced "mod"-er. I've only ever modded one other system besides a Wii and it was a PS2. TY again for everyone's help and ideas.
bow.gif

supagusti

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
pgbedinghaus said:
Do you know were to get a good autoboot disk

Just check out this one from the hackmii site --> link
And use IMGBURN to burn your ISOs - NERO sucks and may be also a reason why your previous discs wouldn't work!

BTW: Do you have a modchip installed ? So if not, burnt DVDs won't work.

pgbedinghaus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
supagusti said:
pgbedinghaus said:
Do you know were to get a good autoboot disk

Just check out this one from the hackmii site --> link
And use IMGBURN to burn your ISOs - NERO sucks and may be also a reason why your previous discs wouldn't work!

BTW: Do you have a modchip installed ? So if not, burnt DVDs won't work.

Sweet TY I'm trying it now. Just for reference all I have to do to make this disc work is use IMGBURN to write it, correct? I don't need to use an autoboot program before burning. I know the disc says autoboot on it but I've downloaded alot of things that weren't exactly as they seem. Ex. Mario Strikers NTSC, which turned out to be Mario Strikers PAL(downloaded from Demonoid or Mininova don't exactly remember
biggrin.gif
). Sorry if it seems like I'm asking stupid questions. Also note for pm_41 I can't load any channels at all or access the wii settings/data management menu. As a side note would it be helpful if i posted a video on YouTube of what exactly my wii is doing? I can record a video of me booting it and show you what exactly it is doing wrong if it would be helpful to everyone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu