I Bricked My Wii, Pls Help Me Dude

AverageWiiUser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
:cry: Yeah, I bricked My only console and I don't have the NAND (yepeeee), I have priiloader instaled and it loads perfectly hbc. The brick happened while I was downloading systemenu4.3U (the region's ok), I already was on that version, but I was following a tutorial and I reinstaled it (the tutorial: , it's in spanish btw), but it went error -1022, idk what that error means but after that my Wii bricked I instaled the systemenu with YAWM, my wad isn't corrupted bc I tried several times with several wads, Wii mod Lite tells me "error -1022 the hash don't match try with AHBPROT mode or and ios with the correct permissions" ( I downloaded all the dx2 cios) :unsure:

Last edited by AverageWiiUser,

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Don't guess at how to fix it. You're lucky u didn't lose priiloader when installing a new system menu.

What exactly did u install that caused brick? A channel? A theme? What?

How does the brick present itself? Blackscreen when trying to access the system menu? Any type of error msg on screen?

AverageWiiUser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Don't guess at how to fix it. You're lucky u didn't lose priiloader when installing a new system menu.

What exactly did u install that caused brick? A channel? A theme? What?

How does the brick present itself? Blackscreen when trying to access the system menu? Any type of error msg on screen?
The bricked was caused bc I tried to reinstall the systemenu4.3 bc I was following a tutorial yo update all my iOS/cios, when I turn on my console just nothing happens on the TV, the Wii light turns green and when I try start the systemenu with priiloader, BOM!, black screen

• Haha
Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The bricked was caused bc I tried to reinstall the systemenu4.3 bc I was following a tutorial yo update all my iOS/cios, when I turn on my console just nothing happens on the TV, the Wii light turns green and when I try start the systemenu with priiloader, BOM!, black screen
You DON'T ever downgrade your system, you can brick your system doing this. Only thing you need to do is update your console to the latest via internet connection, then update your CIOS ensuring you have brick protection using Priiloader.

AverageWiiUser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
So, ios brick, I will google that
Post automatically merged:

You DON'T ever downgrade your system, you can brick your system doing this. Only thing you need to do is update your console to the latest via internet connection, then update your CIOS ensuring you have brick protection using Priiloader.
I don't downgrade I already was in 4.3, and how can I connect my Wii to internet and install that?

Reactions: AWESOMEGAMER

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom

AverageWiiUser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
hey bro relax, if you don't want to help me, don't help me, I'm not forcing you, I don't see the reason for being so rude and yes I admit that I was wrong, but I wasn't born learned in that subject and that's why I made a mistake, I don't see the sense that insulting me for something that already happened and that I cannot change, anyway thanks for the internet suggestion, I'll try that

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
To clarify, you were on 4.3U and then installed a 4.3U system menu WAD? That should not have resulted in brick.

If we can't solve this the manual way, we should be able to fix it by restoring a nand backup. Your backup is from before the issue began? If so, launch bootmii and restore it. Then next time update your mods using modmii, not the YouTube tutorial u used last time.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To clarify, you were on 4.3U and then installed a 4.3U system menu WAD? That should not have resulted in brick.

If we can't solve this the manual way, we should be able to fix it by restoring a nand backup. Your backup is from before the issue began? If so, launch bootmii and restore it. Then next time update your mods using modmii, not the YouTube tutorial u used last time.
Yes. If you have already made a NAND backup using BootMii, then you can flash it back on before proceeding. Can you hold down RESET while powering on the system to see if the BootMii menu shows up?

AverageWiiUser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

I don't have a backup, if I fix this I'll backup my NAND, and when I installed the wad it went error -1022 with the NUS systemenu 4.3, someone told me maybe my NAND is full, and I have a lot of old saved games in my NAND so, how can I delete them?, and the NAND storage can be the problem?
Post automatically merged:

Yes. If you have already made a NAND backup using BootMii, then you can flash it back on before proceeding. Can you hold down RESET while powering on the system to see if the BootMii menu shows up?
If I do that I boot into priiloader, I don't have the nand because my parents sent that console to a technician to unlock it about 6-7 years ago, and they didn't give me a copy of the nand, I started doing all this because I had problems with the usbloader, one thing led to another and here I am, I don't Even have and SD I did everything with USB

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If I do that I boot into priiloader, I don't have the nand because my parents sent that console to a technician to unlock it about 6-7 years ago, and they didn't give me a copy of the nand, I started doing all this because I had problems with the usbloader, one thing led to another and here I am, I don't Even have and SD I did everything with USB
If you hold down RESET, yes, you'll boot into Priiloader. Then, select 'The Homebrew Channel', press the HOME button and then BootMii.

https://wii.hacks.guide/bootmii.html

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't have and SD, so when I do that the screen goes black
What did you do first before the brick happened? And when you power on the system, does it show something like a health and safety screen or error code?

AverageWiiUser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
What did you do first before the brick happened? And when you power on the system, does it show something like a health and safety screen or error code?
Before the brick I downloaded the iOS 38,56,57 and 58 with d2x, when I turn on the console nothing happens on the TV, when I try via priiloader the screen goes black

AWESOMEGAMER

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:cry: Yeah, I bricked My only console and I don't have the NAND (yepeeee), I have priiloader instaled and it loads perfectly hbc. The brick happened while I was downloading systemenu4.3U (the region's ok), I already was on that version, but I was following a tutorial and I reinstaled it (the tutorial: , it's in spanish btw), but it went error -1022, idk what that error means but after that my Wii bricked I instaled the systemenu with YAWM, my wad isn't corrupted bc I tried several times with several wads, Wii mod Lite tells me "error -1022 the hash don't match try with AHBPROT mode or and ios with the correct permissions" ( I downloaded all the dx2 cios) :unsure:

You sure about that
Bricked is a broken FOREVER that cant be fixed. You HAVE to replace your unit. You BROKE the firmware, and that is hardcore set in the unit
Corrupted files can just be removed.
Just check the SD, EXHD
-Check for bricking turn on the unit (Wii)
it should just hum or you screen should be blank (or black) yup brick

Brick=Hardware (hardcoded) you must replace
Corrupt file=software and or files (just find it)
You might have just got a bad download link
Take the SD and the EXHD out and start the Wii up clean
I hope it just a corrupt file
Happy Hacking

AverageWiiUser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
You sure about that
Bricked is a broken FOREVER that cant be fixed. You HAVE to replace your unit. You BROKE the firmware, and that is hardcore set in the unit
Corrupted files can just be removed.
Just check the SD, EXHD
-Check for bricking turn on the unit (Wii)
it should just hum or you screen should be blank (or black) yup brick

Brick=Hardware (hardcoded) you must replace
Corrupt file=software and or files (just find it)
You might have just got a bad download link
Take the SD and the EXHD out and start the Wii up clean
I hope it just a corrupt file
Happy Hacking
I did that with a USB, I don't have and SD and eject the USB don't help

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Get an SD card, put the bootmii sd card folder/files on it, launch bootmii, make a nand backup, use it to create a virgin/clean nand with ohneschwanzenegger, then restore that using bootmii

Then resoftmod using modmii. Note u will lose priiloader and all softmods (other than bootmii boot2 if applicable) when u restore an ohneschwanzenegger nand

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto