Hacking I want a ds lite case or pouch

aphexpusher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anybody want to share thier experiance in buying a case or pouch for thier ds lite? I want to find a nice white case.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
As a starting point there's a long list of most of the available cases here:
http://www.renchi.com/renchi/NewsDetail?newsID=770

After loads of research I would have got the Hori Compact pouch (until I remembered the DS is the same size as a GBA and fits in the old case I already had
biggrin.gif
)

D

Deleted User

anybody want to share thier experiance in buying a case or pouch for thier ds lite? I want to find a nice white case.

Check out this Ebay Item. I won the bid at $9.75 Canadian dollars as you can see. A very nice case ... and shipping was free. Check out the seller's store ... he has more of them and in different colours.

It has a little storage compartment thingy ... where you can hold stuff ... a place for an extra stylus, and 3 places to hold games.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
thanx for the link! is renchi a good company? anyone got experiance with them? no fakes?
I've no idea, I've never heard of them before (and the chances that they have that many different cases in stock seems kinda strange tbh). I was just using the list to see what was avaliable and then check it's price elsewhere.

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anyone ever used this case (link) before and can vouch for them with either negatives or positives? I'm not all that picky and I really just wanted a case to protect my DS while it's in my pocket, which is where I always carry it. Mainly from say, minor scratches from my keyset which is also in my pocket at times. At the same time, I didn't want a full airfoam case because I like the convenience of being able to pull it out, open it, and play instantly (not having to unzip a case). This looks like it'd fit my needs and it seems to be at a nice price. I'm most likely gonna go ahead and buy it anyway, just wanted to see if anyone had something to point out that I should be aware of.

Mystic-Homer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Check out this Ebay Item. I won the bid at $9.75 Canadian dollars as you can see. ...

That's a very nice and sturdy, yet cheap case... You can get them on ebay for almost nothing, like that price.

I vouch for it because I've been using a black one for a few months now, it does the job very well
smile.gif

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a black "Hori" type slim case - does the job very nicely.

I also have an airform type one which is better if you want to carry extra game cartridges (not a problem for most people on here I wouldn't think lol) and headphones and stuff, but I hardly ever use this except to keep eveything together indoors.

aphexpusher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a black "Hori" type slim case - does the job very nicely.

I also have an airform type one which is better if you want to carry extra game cartridges (not a problem for most people on here I wouldn't think lol) and headphones and stuff, but I hardly ever use this except to keep eveything together indoors.
yeah those slim hori ones are pretty nice looking but I do need a place for headphones/extra microsd cards.... Ill continue to look around though. I think I might dish out some extra dough for a nice one. they have some cases that go for like 40 - 50 bucks that seem to have everything I need... just pricey... also cant find any really nice white ones. I want it to match my ds lite color.
tongue.gif

D

Deleted User

That's a very nice and sturdy, yet cheap case... You can get them on ebay for almost nothing, like that price.

I vouch for it because I've been using a black one for a few months now, it does the job very well
smile.gif

Hey fella Canadian. Where in Canada are ya from? I'm from Toronto ... anywho ... *nods* Yeah ... the quality is really good ... considering what I paid. I was afraid I wouldn't be happy with it ... but I like it a lot and use it all the time. And yeah, it's very very sturdy. I'm just sorta paranoid about getting it dirty, since it's white ... I think I need a case for the case.
tongue.gif

lurker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Silicon cases, in general, suck. Soft ones don't really cover the DS all that well, and if anything gets into the holes in the case you're screwed, and it's pretty hard to get rid of them. Silicon cases with plastic bits aren't as bad, but depending on how the plastic is used will damage the glossy plastic on the DS Lite. Fit problems can also occur.

Crystal cases are a hit or miss, depending on how well it fits your DS. I had a Playgear Pocket (PSP) imitation that was supposed to be for the DS, it was a fucking piece of shit.

Your best bet is ALWAYS something from Hori. If you want a bag that's not too big but still fits stuff (like those in those 20 in 1 packs at Target), the compact pouch is nice. If you want more room, the multipouch. If you just wanna throw your DS into your pocket, the "protector" thing is pretty nice.

simpson17

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i bought this when it became available -
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-b6-49-en-70-1i24.html

Tt's like the compact pouch, which is also made by Hori, but it's hard. I can fit 6 ds games in it, and it's got a small pouch behind the games.There's a small flap between the ds and the accesories, which keeps the DS safe. also the zipper doesnt touch the DS. There's also very little wiggle room for the ds to move around.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: