DS Lite Screens with Lens/Digitiser attached?

Nakamichi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I would like to refurbish some "well-loved" DS Lite models that i was gifted, but i dont think there is much chance that i will manage to attach the screen-lens and/or the touch digitiser to the actual screen without particles of dust finding their way inbetween the layers.

Is there a way to buy these components already attached and sealed without the dust?

UK_Ray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can do this pretty easily if you don't remove the old touch screen before you are ready to fit the new one.

I always disconnect the screen and touch screen from the motherboard so it is free.

Then I get the new touch screen, peel off the protector film and adhesive cover, then fit the touch screen into the shell - this holds it in to the correct place.

Then I get the screen assembly, peel the old touch screen off and then place the screen straight on top of the new touch screen in the shell, this means it will be in the correct position.

Often when people try to fit the digitizer to the screen by hand they end up getting it slightly in the wrong position and it won't fit back into the shell, so they have to remove it again which is when they get it dusty.

Nakamichi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can do this pretty easily if you don't remove the old touch screen before you are ready to fit the new one.

I always disconnect the screen and touch screen from the motherboard so it is free.

Then I get the new touch screen, peel off the protector film and adhesive cover, then fit the touch screen into the shell - this holds it in to the correct place.

Then I get the screen assembly, peel the old touch screen off and then place the screen straight on top of the new touch screen in the shell, this means it will be in the correct position.

Often when people try to fit the digitizer to the screen by hand they end up getting it slightly in the wrong position and it won't fit back into the shell, so they have to remove it again which is when they get it dusty.
thanks for the tip!

havent tried it yet, but im sure i will sooner or later.
those extremerate shells just look vastly superior to the, usually, dirty and yellowed consoles you can get cheap nowadays

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/86HNVHp9ts4?si=ZtnzsnhlNxNN-Fnu +1