Hacking I found my old DS lite, I bought an R4 but I have a problem, please help me

SKELETONita

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everyone!

I found my old DS Lite; I hadn't turned it on in ages! So, I decided to buy a dual-core R4 on Amazon. However, when I turned on the Nintendo and clicked on the R4, the screen remained white, as you can see in the photo. I used the R4 system and the link on the back to download it. Please help me.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-04-12 at 19.21.23.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-04-12 at 19.21.23.jpeg
    63.5 KB · Views: 5
  • WhatsApp Image 2024-04-12 at 19.21.27.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-04-12 at 19.21.27.jpeg
    106.4 KB · Views: 7

darkworldq8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
It might be a good idea to buy an R4 that is already setup with its own micro SD. Getting a Japanese DSi and installing a CFW using the SD card is a better option, and you can run DS games and homebrew straight from the SD card. I did that after buying Japanese DSis for very cheap. Getting a DSi that cannot read games as the only issue would save you money.

Unfortunately, one of the issues with R4s is that you need the specific firmware for that particular card, and usually the manufacturer would lock them based on which card you are getting.

Weaky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It might be a good idea to buy an R4 that is already setup with its own micro SD. Getting a Japanese DSi and installing a CFW using the SD card is a better option, and you can run DS games and homebrew straight from the SD card. I did that after buying Japanese DSis for very cheap. Getting a DSi that cannot read games as the only issue would save you money.

Unfortunately, one of the issues with R4s is that you need the specific firmware for that particular card, and usually the manufacturer would lock them based on which card you are getting.
I wouldn't reccomend buying flashcards that come with a pre-prepped card. Those SD cards tend to die within a very small span of time. Sometimes within just a few days.

Latiodile

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wouldn't reccomend buying flashcards that come with a pre-prepped card. Those SD cards tend to die within a very small span of time. Sometimes within just a few days.
just copy everything over to a new card making sure the format settings are the same, ez

darkworldq8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
At least, those cards should come with the right firmware, and then the user can backup that micro SD card. Coming with the right firmware is the only reason why I recommend getting an R4 with a micro SD bundled with it. The first R4 that I have bought in 2010 had the cover falling, and I believe that I have lost both the micro SD and its firmware, meaning, it became useless.

I do worry about using non-branded storage device, but surprisingly, the unbranded 2GB micro SD that came with my R4 Gold from 2011 or so still works. The R4 card from that year still worked for me today.
Post automatically merged:

At least, those cards should come with the right firmware, and then the user can backup that micro SD card. Coming with the right firmware is the only reason why I recommend getting an R4 with a micro SD bundled with it. The first R4 that I have bought in 2010 had the cover falling, and I believe that I have lost both the micro SD and its firmware, meaning, it became useless.

I do worry about using non-branded storage device, but surprisingly, the unbranded 2GB micro SD that came with my R4 Gold from 2011 or so still works. The R4 card from that year still worked for me today.
Post automatically merged:

Sorry, I am not used to posting on gbatemp's forums. I will probably get used to it once I use it enough.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.