Hacking I think I've bricked my vWii can it be fixed?

jimbobpete

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone!

Long time lurker first time poster!

I was just wondering I stupidly missed the dos and don'ts of modding the vwii and ended up using ModMii on my vWii and now I just get a black screen when opening it.

before I did anything I dumped all the Nands and the keys is there any way I can restore it or is it just buggered now? I can't see to find any guide except one which was in Italian!

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

D

Deleted User

Hard-brick.
You can fix it with FTPiiU or you can try to booting into HBC using HBL2HBC homebrew app.

Reactions: NoNAND
D

Deleted User

Just a question, what tool did you use to back up your NAND? Do you have access to the files from your console's NAND or do you just have one big "bin" file?

Before we continue, I need to know which of your console's input/output systems (IOS) had been patched by ModMii. You can do this by running a SysCheck inside vWii mode.

It sounds to me like you have bricked just the Wii Menu. Perhaps try using HBL2HBC to directly boot into the vWii mode Homebrew Channel. If that works, run a SysCheck and show us the results.

jimbobpete

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys thank you so much for the replies!

Basically I followed the softmod hack gbatemp for vwii, it read the GameCube games but not the wii games so I decided to stupidly run modwii and patch all the iOS it suggest there was over 20 I believe then when they installed mmm crashed on exit and whenever I open vwii it just displays a black screen.

I'm going to research your suggestions in the morning (it's 2am where I am!) and get back to you let me know if there's any guides otherwise I'll go hunt for them and thanks again creeper and felek!

jimbobpete

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
is there any way of accessing hbl2hbc without hacking the wii u? I've got homebrew installed on vWii but didn't want to install cfw for my wii u unless I really have to to save my vwii!

Thanks

jimbobpete

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've managed to load ftpwiiu and i've accessed it using filezilla but it's only letting me access the SD Card do I need ftpwiiu everywhere to access the rest?

Thanks

D

Deleted User

Yes, you neec CFW to use FTPiiU everywhere.
Your warranty is void anyways, so why not hack Wii U mode?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Also, unlike (v)wii CIOS, Wii U mode cfw doesn't necessarily have to be installed but can be loaded on the fly if so you prefer (and indeed is the only free option)

jimbobpete

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Guys,

Thanks again for the replies they've been extremely helpful :)

So I've installed custom firmware for the wii u and I've got as far as installing FTPiiU Everywhere but upon accessing the system files I get an error on FileZilla which says "Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing"

As a quick side question, I'm moving house which has a much less storage facility so I wanted to store my entire collection in the attic and just run the games off a hard drive. I didn't realise how easy it was to hack maybe i'll do the same for my Wii U collection are there any loaders that can run my backups off a hard drive?

I've done a few searches both nothing seems solid.

Thanks again!

jimbobpete

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.