Hardware I know you are all sick of this question, but is there a way to boot into cfw if my sd card connector (the one on the motherboard) is broken?

SamSamuel99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If there isn't, should I buy a whole new motherboard or find a repair shop? all the ones near me want 150 dollars for any type of repair, and the motherboard is at minimum 130 dollars, so I don't really know what to do, everything is so expensive.

4d1xlaan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need cfw files on sd, but that being said there's no reason why it couldn't be modified to put the files on nand and load the files from there instead. but it's never been done before, so currently, no, you need functional sd

Reactions: BigOnYa

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bring it to a cellphone repair shop. Those places do motherboard level repairs all day for a living. They should be able to repair it for you if you don't have the tools.
You could also order a working motherboard off of eBay, but I would go with repair first imo. Good luck!

Reactions: BigOnYa

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there isn't, should I buy a whole new motherboard or find a repair shop? all the ones near me want 150 dollars for any type of repair, and the motherboard is at minimum 130 dollars, so I don't really know what to do, everything is so expensive.

Is this a V1/V2 motherboard?

SamSamuel99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you all very much for the suggestions, I found a repair shop that accepts Nintendo products (and that hopefully isn't that expensive) and I'll be making a call tomorrow. While I wait for the fix, is there any way to extract my save files from the emuMMC to use them on emulator? obviously without booting into cfw.

4d1xlaan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you all very much for the suggestions, I found a repair shop that accepts Nintendo products (and that hopefully isn't that expensive) and I'll be making a call tomorrow. While I wait for the fix, is there any way to extract my save files from the emuMMC to use them on emulator? obviously without booting into cfw.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/recovering-games-saves-from-nand-using-nxnandmanager-and-jksv.620758/

do that, except instead of using jksv to restore save data, you put the save data into your folders for the emulator instead

SamSamuel99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I had some trouble because I was selecting the directory of my sd when i had to select the line right above it instead, but I did it now, thank you very much.

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You need cfw files on sd, but that being said there's no reason why it couldn't be modified to put the files on nand and load the files from there instead. but it's never been done before, so currently, no, you need functional sd
I remember loading luma files from nand on 3ds to boot without sd
Good old times

Reactions: 4d1xlaan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They'd slap each other in a abusive relationship +2