1-bit sd card mode then getting no sd card

Envy_11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Hi,
I'm very new to this whole switch modded things so I'm gonna explain everything I think is important to know.

After I got my oled switch modded I kept getting no sd card picofly screen until I contacted the modder and he fixed it for me, apparently it was a loose connector or something, about five months after that, 4 days ago specifically, I started getting sd card 1 bit mode in hekate booter, and now it just shows me the no sd card again like it used to 5 months ago, I don't think its just a loose part again, I think it's something broken and I need to change it, from reading I saw some people saying it's some gold pins that got disconnected, If that's the case, do I need to change something? Or just reconnect it?, And if its the whole part, then what part exactly do I have to order and replace?, Again I'm VERY new to this world and there's ABSOLUTELY no repairers for the switch in my area, and I wanna learn it anyway cause I hate being dependent on a stranger to fix it for me, when I gave it to the modder It was almost broken and it was very awkward between telling him to refund me since I just bought it or being nice and telling him to not worry about it lol, so I definitely wanna do it myself, who's ever willing to teach me I'll be very thankful, I think I have soldering if I might need it, and do I need certain screwers to open the switch? If yes then I'll buy it and start working on it.
Have a nice day guys.

IMPORTANT EDIT:
I tried pressuring the sd card location with my finger and it works as long as I don't take my finger away, what does this mean? Is the card reader loose again? Its giving me hope, maybe the problem isn't really as big as I thought

Last edited by Envy_11,

zamastyle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The sd card reader is a fairly common part to fail and a simple part to replace. As long as the motherboard side port isnt damaged, you can probably fix it pretty easily. The fact that pressing down on the reader helps also suggests that the card reader may have a busted pin that isnt making solid contact. I would start there.

Last edited by zamastyle,

Envy_11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
The sd card reader is a fairly common part to fail and a simple part to replace. As long as the moderboard side port isnt damaged, you can probably fix it pretty easily. The fact that pressing down on the reader helps also suggests that the card reader may have a busted pin that isnt making solid contact. I would start there.
I'll start there then, but how can I know if the motherboard side port is damage or not? What does it look like?.
And thanks for the help

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
If this is V1/V2 then it means your sd card reader came lose. I had someone with the same problem come to me months ago. It's a pretty easy fix assuming you have no pins mangled, you just have to pop open the backplate to give you instant access to the sd slot. Carefully lift the black pad (if present) and press down on FPC connector.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this is V1/V2 then it means your sd card reader came lose. I had someone with the same problem come to me months ago. It's a pretty easy fix assuming you have no pins mangled, you just have to pop open the backplate to give you instant access to the sd slot. Carefully lift the black pad (if present) and press down on FPC connector.

Opening post says OLED

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where? I read nowhere mentioned OLED.
Hi,
I'm very new to this whole switch modded things so I'm gonna explain everything I think is important to know.

After I got my oled switch modded I kept getting no sd card picofly screen until I contacted the modder and he fixed it for me, apparently it was a loose connector or something, about five months after that, 4 days ago specifically, I started getting sd card 1 bit mode in hekate booter, and now it just shows me the no sd card again like it used to 5 months ago, I don't think its just a loose part again, I think it's something broken and I need to change it, from reading I saw some people saying it's some gold pins that got disconnected, If that's the case, do I need to change something? Or just reconnect it?, And if its the whole part, then what part exactly do I have to order and replace?, Again I'm VERY new to this world and there's ABSOLUTELY no repairers for the switch in my area, and I wanna learn it anyway cause I hate being dependent on a stranger to fix it for me, when I gave it to the modder It was almost broken and it was very awkward between telling him to refund me since I just bought it or being nice and telling him to not worry about it lol, so I definitely wanna do it myself, who's ever willing to teach me I'll be very thankful, I think I have soldering if I might need it, and do I need certain screwers to open the switch? If yes then I'll buy it and start working on it.
Have a nice day guys.

IMPORTANT EDIT:
I tried pressuring the sd card location with my finger and it works as long as I don't take my finger away, what does this mean? Is the card reader loose again? Its giving me hope, maybe the problem isn't really as big as I thought

I bold the word OLED.

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
I bold the word OLED.
I don't know how I missed that, but in the case of an OLED can also happen but a lot less common since the sd slot is sitting between an array of screws which makes it near impossible to come lose. Either the screws weren't fasten or something gone bad on the reader.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how I missed that, but in the case of an OLED can also happen but a lot less common since the sd slot is sitting between an array of screws which makes it near impossible to come lose. Either the screws weren't fasten or something gone bad on the reader.

Probably he eject the card a lot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto