OP
Trophies
XP
Country
my friend sent me a message the other day saying that gbatemp needs a funeral
unsure.gif

so i went straight on gbatemp and found that the download station was gone
wtf.gif

i was really, imean really annoted when i found out that there was no download station and that now i had to log in to this whole new website that is extremely difficult to use
hate2.gif

i cant even post things for some reason and when your posting things you have to go throw 4 whole pages of ridiculous stuff that doesnt even make any sense
hate2.gif

when downloading stuff you cant see what the file is or how big it is
mad.gif

and to sum it all up i agree with my friend
gbatemp needs a funeral
frown.gif

Ryufushichou

I'm Not British, I'm Just Gay!
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to disagree here but GBAtemp doesn't need a funeral, all it needs to do is give us back the old system! I hate to say it but the old system was ALOT better than the new one that is run in filetrip i mean sure filetrip LOOKS alot better but the system itself sucks.

- VV

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Filetrip is a very easy site to navigate, and most of your gripes are unfounded to be honest. You can see the size of the file before you download and so on.

I suggest you explore filetrip better, and learn to use it before calling for the death of the forum, it is a great idea and a great addition to the GBAtemp network.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Even if you hate it just keep those negative comments to yourself. Not everyone hates it, you know. No need to make a new topic about it.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
its always a good thing to submit constructive criticism.
but your criticism basically consists in "it sucks", "you need a funeral" and "i'm too stupid to understand the made-for-dummies file posting assistant" ...

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People hate change, that's all. They got used to how it was and don't want to learn to use the new system. I understand that, but you must realize that for GBAtemp to grow, there will be changes during its growth. Ultimately, it's for the better.

DBlaze

I don't know what i'm doing.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think it's easier to use than the old system
smileipb2.png

Maybe you should try to take some time getting used to it.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
NeSchn said:
It just takes a bit of getting used to.

I agree, change isn't always welcomed especially when the old format was "acceptable", even if the new one is better. I suggest allowing more time to adjust to the new system, give it a few more week's usage before coming to such conclusions.

Not having a proper look at the site results in daft comments (such as you not being able to see the file sizes) which removes any credibility you may have had in your other opinions.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i hate people like you who dont aprecciate other people's hard work
i find filetrip great its cool because of the better interface an is like lockerz cuz of the free stuff

Supersonicmonk

Trophies
XP
Country
Basically its new and whenever a system people have been using for ages is replaced people always complain about it and then after a few days of hating realize they really need to download something, whether they like filetrip or not. all in all it works and takes a load of stress off the GBATemp Server (Im assuming that its on a different server correct me if wrong) so just deal with it. Its still in its early days and there aren't any useless but nostalgic comments of "This sucks" or "Thnx GBA Temp!!!", Im still not used to it but it does have more sections for phones, iPods, etc which is cool.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rockstar99 said:

There's two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of the cultures of other people... And the Dutch!

Anyway, I haven't really tried out Filetrip much (since I never download a lot off GBAtemp anyways) but it seems to be a good idea.

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
lukecop80 said:
i was really, imean really annoted when i found out that there was no download station and that now i had to log in to this whole new website that is extremely difficult to use
hate2.gif

I guess I think differently
lukecop80 said:
i cant even post things for some reason and when your posting things you have to go throw 4 whole pages of ridiculous stuff that doesnt even make any sense
hate2.gif

That can be fixed. This was a problem of GBAtemp's, not filetrip's.
QUOTE(lukecop80 @ Oct 25 2009, 12:50 AM)
when downloading stuff you cant see what the file is or how big it is
mad.gif
You can, actually. Look to your right.

wessel261

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Guild McCommunist said:
rockstar99 said:

There's two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of the cultures of other people... And the Dutch!

Anyway, I haven't really tried out Filetrip much (since I never download a lot off GBAtemp anyways) but it seems to be a good idea.
Why the dutch?
We don't do anything wrong:wtf:
p.s. filetrip is a very good system, easy to navigate and find things
I like it more then the old download center
(and I may not have many posts, but I check this site every day I can, including the forums)

lukecop80

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i found another problem
all the old files from the gbatemp download station that are now on filetrip don't have the creators name on it and thats like stealing other peoples files

how about when you click on downloads it takes you to a page where it has a link to the old station and another link to filetrip
that way everyone can be happy

Sir-Fritz

Trophies
XP
Country
I think the concept is good cause atleast theirs a wii homebrew section now lol but i absolutely hate the theme. Almost enough to not use it. Also imo it needs more gbatemp branding cause at first glance it doesnt look like it has any thing to do with gbatemp and looks like some unrelated untrustworthy site.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Flame @ Flame: Never fight uphill, me boys.