i hate filetrip

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by lukecop80, Oct 25, 2009.

Oct 25, 2009

i hate filetrip by lukecop80 at 5:50 AM (8,088 Views / 0 Likes) 59 replies

1. lukecop80
    OP

Member lukecop80 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    my friend sent me a message the other day saying that gbatemp needs a funeral [​IMG]

so i went straight on gbatemp and found that the download station was gone [​IMG]

i was really, imean really annoted when i found out that there was no download station and that now i had to log in to this whole new website that is extremely difficult to use [​IMG]

i cant even post things for some reason and when your posting things you have to go throw 4 whole pages of ridiculous stuff that doesnt even make any sense [​IMG]

when downloading stuff you cant see what the file is or how big it is [​IMG]

and to sum it all up i agree with my friend
    gbatemp needs a funeral [​IMG]

2. Ryufushichou

Member Ryufushichou I'm Not British, I'm Just Gay!

Australia
    Sorry to disagree here but GBAtemp doesn't need a funeral, all it needs to do is give us back the old system! I hate to say it but the old system was ALOT better than the new one that is run in filetrip i mean sure filetrip LOOKS alot better but the system itself sucks.

- VV

3. p1ngpong

Supervisor p1ngpong Legit Boss Harold

Croatia
    Filetrip is a very easy site to navigate, and most of your gripes are unfounded to be honest. You can see the size of the file before you download and so on.

I suggest you explore filetrip better, and learn to use it before calling for the death of the forum, it is a great idea and a great addition to the GBAtemp network.

4. lukecop80
    OP

Australia
    maybe but atleast give us the old download station back

5. JoshuaS153

Member JoshuaS153 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    it is back just change skin to gbatemp lite or classic

6. Raika

Member Raika uguu

Antarctica
    Even if you hate it just keep those negative comments to yourself. Not everyone hates it, you know. No need to make a new topic about it.

7. Costello

Administrator Costello Headmaster

its always a good thing to submit constructive criticism.
    but your criticism basically consists in "it sucks", "you need a funeral" and "i'm too stupid to understand the made-for-dummies file posting assistant" ...

8. NeSchn

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    Ehh, I'm not too fond of it either but its not as bad as you guys are making it out to be. It just takes a bit of getting used to.

9. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    People hate change, that's all. They got used to how it was and don't want to learn to use the new system. I understand that, but you must realize that for GBAtemp to grow, there will be changes during its growth. Ultimately, it's for the better.

10. DBlaze

Member DBlaze I don't know what i'm doing.

Netherlands
    I think it's easier to use than the old system [​IMG]
    Maybe you should try to take some time getting used to it.

11. dice

Former Staff dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

United Kingdom
    I agree, change isn't always welcomed especially when the old format was "acceptable", even if the new one is better. I suggest allowing more time to adjust to the new system, give it a few more week's usage before coming to such conclusions.

Not having a proper look at the site results in daft comments (such as you not being able to see the file sizes) which removes any credibility you may have had in your other opinions.

12. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    i hate people like you who dont aprecciate other people's hard work
    i find filetrip great its cool because of the better interface an is like lockerz cuz of the free stuff

13. Supersonicmonk

Member Supersonicmonk GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Basically its new and whenever a system people have been using for ages is replaced people always complain about it and then after a few days of hating realize they really need to download something, whether they like filetrip or not. all in all it works and takes a load of stress off the GBATemp Server (Im assuming that its on a different server correct me if wrong) so just deal with it. Its still in its early days and there aren't any useless but nostalgic comments of "This sucks" or "Thnx GBA Temp!!!", Im still not used to it but it does have more sections for phones, iPods, etc which is cool.

14. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    Oh man, I didn't even know of this! Looks really good, though it would be nice if there was a skin to make it look like the current v3 default skin.

15. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    There's two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of the cultures of other people... And the Dutch!

Anyway, I haven't really tried out Filetrip much (since I never download a lot off GBAtemp anyways) but it seems to be a good idea.

16. UniqueGeek

Member UniqueGeek PMD Researcher

United States
    You can, actually. Look to your right.

17. wessel261

Newcomer wessel261 Advanced Member

Netherlands
    Why the dutch?
    We don't do anything wrong:wtf:
    p.s. filetrip is a very good system, easy to navigate and find things
    I like it more then the old download center
    (and I may not have many posts, but I check this site every day I can, including the forums)

18. House Spider

Banned House Spider In the GBAtemp attic.

Ireland
    It'll take a while to get used to it. But they spent a few months making it so it wouldn't be fair on them to take it down now.

19. lukecop80
    OP

Australia
    i found another problem
    all the old files from the gbatemp download station that are now on filetrip don't have the creators name on it and thats like stealing other peoples files

how about when you click on downloads it takes you to a page where it has a link to the old station and another link to filetrip
    that way everyone can be happy

20. Sir-Fritz

Member Sir-Fritz GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    I think the concept is good cause atleast theirs a wii homebrew section now lol but i absolutely hate the theme. Almost enough to not use it. Also imo it needs more gbatemp branding cause at first glance it doesnt look like it has any thing to do with gbatemp and looks like some unrelated untrustworthy site.