Not open for further replies.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Site has not been updated, nobody received replies from inquiries, any website is not GOLDEN in status. Not like this was Target or Walmart.com. People trusted a name, because more names "vouched" for them. Human nature is to HOPE for the best or what THEY WANT then discredit any evidence that life is going the other way. Cognitive dissonance (startpage.com it).

It is called foot-in-the-door manipulation (startpage.com it). "Can I get $50 for this?" So you give $50. Next, it becomes $75, or in this case, $2,300 instead of $2,000 because they did not consider taxes. Point still remains, like my wife said, although people HOPE for the best, people prey on that all the time. Firms took people for BILLIONS anyway, what you mentioned, sort of, is that a suit makes somebody OFFICIAL as people tend to trust "authority" figures. People knew the risks, but defending it because you want it to be true is part of the problem. I order from amazon.com, I have issues, I can resolve them, same as other websites. Those sites have reputations for selling. Random dude, somebody else who is a name people have read, NOT a business man for this stuff, and not getting a reply when you do inquire? Do the math, I HOPE they meant well and megazig said he vouched for neimod who vouched for the fundraiser guy, and obviously the website did the same. Could be the fundraiser just went whacko also, lol, does not mean the others are in on it.
I never said it wasn't a scam. Right now, any person would be able to deduce that it is. I will not deny that the evidence strongly suggests that the donors have been swindled.

Take this for example. A person dressed in the Salvation Army uniform comes to ask for a donation. Are they really from the Salvos? Is the donation legit? Even if it were legit, will all my money reach the ones intended? Even a well known organisation like them is not immune to hanky panky stuff. Things can still go wrong. But would you mock those who have parted with their money when we do discover that one of the donation drives was a fake? I won't, because then I'd be a dick.

actually i did support a team gateway the only team that actually did something and released it ,not saying no one else did anything but just saying im gonna support someone who will actually release something and not the guy that goes on sites to say "hey guys im starting a fundraiser to scan the 3ds i only need 2.5K$ and this wil change everything in the 3ds scene" if it was true the guy wouldve figured a quicker way to get the money since after it would be worth a shitload when released like gateway
Now let's say games from here on out will no longer be supported by GW and there's another new one which does. Someone laughs at you for getting the inferior product. Feels good right?

Reactions: Boy12 and Ray Lewis

Yamagushi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. All the people speculating instead of taking 5 mins to shoot an email to someone involved and actually find out what really is going on. And look at all the 14 year olds incapable of donating talking shit about donating, cute. Someone could end the speculation right now with a simple email, but hey you wouldn't be able to act like immature children anymore if somoene did that AMIRITE? Earlier post in fact had the right image, just addressed at the wrong crowd. I guess people didn't get the message when the last two topics on this were locked, ready for it... For speculation...

wvp9mlt.jpg

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
People need to remember that most of the Homebrew projects in the past came to us without any word of donation from the developer.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe..... I dunno...... it's been done? What about you give it a shot?

Pretty sure someone had tried emailing various parties for clarification but iirc, nobody got any reply.
Enter yamagushi, lol. Tell people what the magical email is? How much did you donate? How are you affiliated with others? What is your real account or dupe account? May as well give full disclosure since you always charge in defending something that obviously was/is a farce.

Yamagushi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Enter yamagushi, lol. Tell people what the magical email is? How much did you donate? How are you affiliated with others? What is your real account or dupe account? May as well give full disclosure since you always charge in defending something that obviously was/is a farce.
I guess I could be a narcissistic douche like you instead.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

He doesn't have the balls to tell us this magical email or how much he donated because he was one of the ones that was screwed over.

I guess I could be a narcissistic douche like you instead.

You call him that because he pointed out that this who donation thing was dubious?

Reactions: Ray Lewis

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like they were trolling. Take the money and run, damnable cowards :creep:
They vouched for fundraiser and the "fundraiser website" should be updated...and the person running it should respond. Twitter for neimod seems to be dead when I checked a few days ago. I'd it was Mr neimod as it said (same neimod?). So lets find out what neimod says. I have a few ideas if he replies at all. I find it amusing, my wife would laugh at me if I donated. I give to some charities when I managed a case load of developmentally disabled children. Sometimes to a homeless person, change, but unless ratings on a site are 99% I am not giving.

Yamagushi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Contact information

User Jl12 is in charge of collecting the donations, and will deliver the final samples to the professional lab for the chip decapping at the end of the fundraiser. Any more questions can be directed to him at his email address gspeer012 (at) gmail (dot) com

Jackasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o