Status
Not open for further replies.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes but seriously people i know they dont deserve the money but some people reallly need to smarten up cause i mean anyone can say hes a dev and use someone elses name and say hey i just need 2.5k to scan the 3ds and open new options and possibilities for it ,now does that really mean hes a dev and not just some hobo trying to rip everyone off??

At this point, it's really hard to know for sure, much less trust what he said.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes but seriously people i know they dont deserve the money but some people reallly need to smarten up cause i mean anyone can say hes a dev and use someone elses name and say hey i just need 2.5k to scan the 3ds and open new options and possibilities for it ,now does that really mean hes a dev and not just some hobo trying to rip everyone off??
True, BUT "neimod" and others vouched for this fundraiser "person" and then megazig vouched for neimod. So next people say they never knew, they did not really support them, the fundraiser went awol, fundraiser was really a nigerian with an email account but changed the game, etc etc.

Eyesenish

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"Need money? Start a 3ds decapping fund, ask for an amount, then change it once you reach that...then disappear after claiming you need more;-) Oh, then deny somebody gave you that last $300...don't email, don't post. Also, have "reputable" scene people who are random off the internet vouch for you just to bring in the victims. Wait, this happened...."

lol nice

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica

It is the poor time management skills and a lack of communication of the user Jl12 that has everyone pissed off at him for the delays and that last minute "wtf? another 300 on top". Even someone that is busy can spend 5 minutes once a month posting running update on what is happening. Another thing is that it has a single point of failure, it is run by someone too busy to even do it.

What Jl12 should have done was pass the thing off to someone less busy.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is the poor time management skills and a lack of communication of the user Jl12 that has everyone pissed off at him for the delays and that last minute "wtf? another 300 on top". Even someone that is busy can spend 5 minutes once a month posting running update on what is happening. Another thing is that it has a single point of failure, it is run by someone too busy to even do it.

I just wish they never asked for a donation. But crap happens.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Good, because I told them how much they sucked for refusing to respond and how I hoped someone reported them to Nintendo
Step #1 - Write a deliberately inflammatory e-mail
Step #2 - Whine that you haven't received a response when the addressee likely has better things to do than reply to inflammatory messages
Step #3 - Treat this lack of response as confirmation of your suspicions

GG, the_randomizer. That makes you look very cool, it's a very mature thing to do. :rolleyes:
Nintendo? Why not the cyber police instead? Or whatever department attending fraudulent actions.
Ah yes, the infamous cyber police ran directly by Robocop from Detroit P.D, fighting evil Internet criminals, the Cobra Commander and Skynet. :rolleyes:

That's not how law enforcement works (it's country-specific and thus problematic over the Internet), or banking for that matter. Having a chip you own decapped is not an illegal activity, neither is gathering donations.

The only banking-related company that frowns upon such activity is PayPal since they began reserving the right to monitor and allow/deny banking operations on the basis of their own bizzare morality code instead of, y'know, doing their job and putting money through from Account A to Account B, which is why they should go out of business.

EDIT: In any case, I'm going to report this thread now. I would love to say that it devolved into an outlet for prissy, angsty teenagers crying out "scam!" because they didn't get to see scans they could do f*ck-all with, but that'd be a lie - it was an outlet for prissy, angsty teenagers from the start with a small promise of someone actually taking the time and getting to the bottom of this, but that hope was but a spark and said spark is no longer glimmering in the sea of teenage tears and broken dreams.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never said it wasn't a scam. Right now, any person would be able to deduce that it is. I will not deny that the evidence strongly suggests that the donors have been swindled.

Take this for example. A person dressed in the Salvation Army uniform comes to ask for a donation. Are they really from the Salvos? Is the donation legit? Even if it were legit, will all my money reach the ones intended? Even a well known organisation like them is not immune to hanky panky stuff. Things can still go wrong. But would you mock those who have parted with their money when we do discover that one of the donation drives was a fake? I won't, because then I'd be a dick.

Now let's say games from here on out will no longer be supported by GW and there's another new one which does. Someone laughs at you for getting the inferior product. Feels good right?
Did you honestly compare donating to the Salvation Army to donating to the decapping? When people donate things to charities, they do it out of the kindness of their heart (or just so they can file it with their taxes, but mostly the former). When people donated to the decapping, they do it for free 3DS games.

It's not someone dressed up like they're from the Salvation Army. It's someone dressed up like a shady alley dealer, while having a recommendation from another shady alley dealer. Anyone who donated should be completely aware of that, and if they aren't, it's their loss. He was recommended by Neimod, not Bill Gates.

Eyesenish

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
""Ah yes, the infamous cyber police ran directly by Robocop from Downtown Detroit, fighting evil Internet criminals, the Cobra Commander and Skynet. :rolleyes:""

dude i almost pissed myself i was laughing so much when i read this

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wish they never asked for a donation. But crap happens.
I just wished when people call some relatives they don't give out their SSN, address, phone number, bank account and routing number...all because the caller said they were "With the Bank of the US" or something, lol, "FBI, we need this information?" I also wish people never opened the infamous Nigerian emails asking for money and promising like 1 million dollars (US) in exchange for you giving ONLY $5,000 (US). I wished those things never happened, lol. I only wished anyone had answers instead of emails ignored, and getting no replies. MAYBE asking neimod himself on efnet or something is the way to go here?

Foxi4, you must have missed it, nobody can get a reply with the "Contact here for any questions" email;-)

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wished when people call some relatives they don't give out their SSN, address, phone number, bank account and routing number...all because the caller said they were "With the Bank of the US" or something, lol, "FBI, we need this information?" I also wish people never opened the infamous Nigerian emails asking for money and promising like 1 million dollars (US) in exchange for you giving ONLY $5,000 (US). I wished those things never happened, lol. I only wished anyone had answers instead of emails ignored, and getting no replies. MAYBE asking neimod himself on efnet or something is the way to go here?

Foxi4, you must have missed it, nobody can get a reply with the "Contact here for any questions" email;-)

Don't know if it would do any good, not sure how often he visits efnet, but if someone really wants to know, they'll ask.

Yamagushi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know if it would do any good, not sure how often he visits efnet, but if someone really wants to know, they'll ask. I know I sure as hell won't be the one to ask him.
Course not, your time is much better suited bitching about it.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
That's not how law enforcement works (it's country-specific and thus problematic over the Internet), or banking for that matter. Having a chip you own decapped is not an illegal activity, neither is gathering donations.

How doing fraudulent donation programs is not illegal? I know it's not something easy to track, but for sure you can't just say it's completely legal. Even in Kickstarter you get refunded if the project fails (if I remember correctly).​

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
How doing fraudulent donation programs is not illegal? I know it's not something easy to track, but for sure you can't just say it's completely legal. Even in Kickstarter you get refunded if the project fails (if I remember correctly).

Do you have any evidence whatsoever that the program was fraudulent? Thank you.
Don't know if it would do any good, not sure how often he visits efnet, but if someone really wants to know, they'll ask. I know I sure as hell won't be the one to ask him.

Sure. I mean, getting information directly from the source makes far less sense than sending inflammatory e-mails. :)

I haven't missed it at all - I'm just underlining the fact that there are:
A) Other channels of contact​
B) The e-mails that are being sent may not be worthy of a response, as shown earlier​
C) A thread treating about the exact same thing has been previously locked precisely because nobody had anything actually substantial to add concerning the matter, and until we do have any information about any developments, threads like this will continue to be a bucket for people to pour their tears into.​

Reactions: Ray Lewis

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A thread treating about the exact same thing has been previously locked precisely because nobody had anything actually substantial to add concerning the matter, and until we do have any information about any developments, threads like this will continue to be a bucket for people to pour their tears into.
Good thing I brought my silly straw.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Do you have any evidence whatsoever that the program was fraudulent? Thank you.

Do you have evidence that it's not? Why are you asking me knowing the people behind this haven't given any answers lately, you may know this better than me anyways.

Eyesenish

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Course not, your time is much better suited bitching about it.

yes actually it is better cause first of all if you read the post he did mention that he didnt donate wich means its not really his problem and second of all maybe by "bitching about it "next time people who would usually be dumb enough to donate will actuallly think about it twice before donating to soome douchebag running a nonexistent fundraiser

Reactions: the_randomizer

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How doing fraudulent donation programs is not illegal? I know it's not something easy to track, but for sure you can't just say it's completely legal. Even in Kickstarter you get refunded if the project fails (if I remember correctly).​
So what would the action be? Where is the fundraiser located? Neimod vouched, megazig vouched for him, but no contract was signed, money cannot be taken back (that I know of). Megazig should be on efnet, under #wiiudev unless that channel changed. I thought I found Neimod's twitter, "Mr Neimod" or something like that. No activity on there for months. Seriously, there is nothing that can be done. Those who vouched will either stick with the story OR say the fundraiser went awol (could even be true).

Going to get anyone to refund money? Going to give a negative rating on ebay? yamagushi was right, find them, ask THEM directly. The fundraiser won't respond so go to those who vouched.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Do you have evidence that it's not? Why are you asking me knowing the people behind this haven't given any answers lately, you may know this better than me anyways.
Don't you reverse-logic me, at the end of the day there's no evidence to prove either standpoint, and going by the well-known "innocent until proven guilty", you have no point. Either you can provide evidence that it was in fact fraudulent or you can't.

In any case, I'll refrain from posting here since the thread lacks any discussion-worthy content. If any of you guys will feel like going beyond the "complaining" stage and actually contact the people endorsing/in charge of the fundraiser, be it via e-mail or via IRC, simply post a quote or log here. Until then, the thread has no substance.

You guys seem to be under the impression that I'm defending the fundraiser - I'm not doing that, I'm merely underlining the fact that this entire debacle is silly as long as it's completely baseless.

Reactions: Ryukouki
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah we have well established 401ks health insurance and paid daily