Humble's Fight for Racial Justice bundle offers $1,243 worth of games and comics for $30

NwncVau.png

Support a charity while getting tons of games to add to your library, in this latest Humble Bundle that puts the spotlight on racial justice. For $30, you can get a huge collection of games, with 100% of the cost going to charities such as the NAACP Legal Defense Fund, Race Forward, and The Bail Project. Included within the bundle are games, comics, and books, ranging from games such as Bioshock Remastered to Hyper Light Drifter, and everything in between, like The Jackbox Party Pack 4, Sonic and SEGA All Stars Racing, Broken Age, and more. There's also a variety of books focusing on race issues, protests, and civil rights. There's six days left to grab the bundle, if you're interested.

:arrow: Source

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
In other words, you're suggesting that white people in America are far more violent than their Scandinavian counterparts, and that will always be the case? I choose not to believe that, people and cultures CAN change for the better, but it's never easy or convenient.
Agreed.

Especially when you've got a large, vocal group of white Americans who believe that granting equal rights and freedoms to minorities somehow takes away from their own rights and freedoms.
Minorities? That´s a different topic, especially if you are talking about non-citizens. Let´s stay with the topic of African-Americans. Which freedoms and rights do they lack in the US?

The freedom not to be feared by others and the police is not sth that can be granted. It has to come from a cultural change. See Jessie Jackson´s famous quote: “There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps... then turn around and see somebody white and feel relieved.”

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The freedom not to be feared by others and the police is not sth that can be granted.
How about freedom from a system of law enforcement that condones and excuses extrajudicial executions? That should be a pretty low bar to clear, especially with so many corrupt cops resigning now over the prospect of facing any minor consequences for their actions. If they can't apply "protect and serve" to everybody in their communities, they've abandoned their only purpose, and I guarantee we can find a better use for all the excess funding which goes to police.

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
In other words, you're suggesting that white people in America are far more violent than their Scandinavian counterparts, and that will always be the case? I choose not to believe that, people and cultures CAN change for the better, but it's never easy or convenient. Especially when you've got a large, vocal group of white Americans who believe that granting equal rights and freedoms to minorities somehow takes away from their own rights and freedoms.
It always comes back to race with leftists, honestly I don't get it. There is a distinction to be drawn between race and culture, please do it for the sake of my sanity. Your choice to ignore statistics aside, that's fine and dandy, we should be encouraging change, but there's more that needs to change in America than just 'white people' if we are to be unified.

Deleted member 412537

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about us? Just ignore the threads and let the rest of us discuss it.
Technically, this isn't fair. Its amising how this topic has taken over the site when there are barely any black people around to contribute as well. You guys are just here to trash it and discuss our invisible black privilege.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It always comes back to race with leftists, honestly I don't get it.
The fuck? The discussion you decided to chime in on was specifically focused on race. I was responding to a quote about African-Americans and their comparison to Asian Americans, and you were responding to a quote about white Americans taking cues from Asian countries.

we should be encouraging change, but there's more that needs to change in America than just 'white people' if we are to be unified.
Law enforcement and politicians are the biggest barriers to enacting meaningful change, and you know damn well that both of those fields have a vast majority of white people working in them. If we can't even acknowledge that the problem exists, it's never going to get fixed.

Reactions: pustal

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
The fuck? The discussion you decided to chime in on was specifically focused on race. I was responding to a quote about African-Americans and their comparison to Asian Americans, and you were responding to a quote about white Americans taking cues from Asian countries.

Law enforcement and politicians are the biggest barriers to enacting meaningful change, and you know damn well that both of those fields have a vast majority of white people working in them. If we can't even acknowledge that the problem exists, it's never going to get fixed.
I don't care what conversations you're having with anyone else. I responded to you specifically on an issue of the effects of culture and only talked to you only about culture, so don't play dumb.

You're even doing it again, equating the problems of politicians and police with 'white people'. I don't agree that race has any bearing on corruption and the entire god damn continent of Africa is my testament to that.

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
I don't know if that's the path you want to go down. Japan owes its low crime rate to its cultural homogeneity. If 'white people' are to take cues from them, then it's time to eliminate the idea of multiculturalism and start getting everyone to conform to their acceptable social norms.

That and closing their eyes to many types of crime:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehbNJoxhkG8

https://www.dpa-international.com/t...-urn:newsml:dpa.com:20090101:180311-99-428969

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...za-arent-disappearing-theyre-getting-smarter/

You're plain wrong. Cultural makeup is everything in a society. Attitudes toward guns are also cultural. What would you say to a society that has high gun ownership but has a low rate of gun crime, like Switzerland?

I'd say the Switzerland is proof how gun regulation is important. High gun onership doesn't mean deregulated like in the US. In Switzerland you need to go through proper training and psychological screening to be able to purchase a gun. Guns are registered and so does ammo. Owners need to go through proper a check up periodically. All firearms have to be registered and so does ammo. Semi-automatic firearms with high-capacity magazines are restricted. Ammo is serialized.

People there can have guns if and only if they are fit and trained to have a gun and if a shot gets fired, you can trace back to who fired it.

Reactions: FGFlann

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
Technically, this isn't fair. Its amising how this topic has taken over the site when there are barely any black people around to contribute as well. You guys are just here to trash it and discuss our invisible black privilege.
Two threads have taken over the site, I see. Don't be ridiculous. How many black people do you think there are on gbatemp? Did we have a poll? Does it even matter?

That and closing their eyes to many types of crime:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehbNJoxhkG8

https://www.dpa-international.com/topic/fukushima-anniversary-evacuees-say-government-still-hiding-urn:newsml:dpa.com:20090101:180311-99-428969

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...za-arent-disappearing-theyre-getting-smarter/

I'd say the Switzerland is proof how gun regulation is important. High gun onership doesn't mean deregulated like in the US. In Switzerland you need to go through proper training and psychological screening to be able to purchase a gun. Guns are registered and so does ammo. Owners need to go through proper a check up periodically. All firearms have to be registered and so does ammo. Semi-automatic firearms with high-capacity magazines are restricted. Ammo is serialized.

People there can have guns if and only if they are fit and trained to have a gun and if a shot gets fired, you can trace back to who fired it.
I agree with you, 100%. Regulation is important and if you're not trained to own a firearm you've got no business owning one.

RE: Japan; There are no perfect societies and I never claimed there were. Crime will always exist but the truth bears out there, particularly in cases of violent crime.

Reactions: pustal

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't care what conversations you're having with anyone else.
Then don't bother chiming in on them in the first place.

You're even doing it again, equating the problems of politicians and police with 'white people'.
I'm not equating anything, I'm singling out most white police and politicians as the problem.

I don't agree that race has any bearing on corruption and the entire god damn continent of Africa is my testament to that.
This isn't an issue of "corruption," it's an issue of racism, and Africa is entirely irrelevant to the discussion. To my knowledge, Africa doesn't have any statues in reverence of confederates who fought to keep slavery intact.

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal

You guys have to tell me what state of art technology do you use to see the skin colour of who is posting. I'm afraid I'm really behind on that.

Reactions: banjo2

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
Then don't bother chiming in on them in the first place.

I'm not equating anything, I'm singling out most white police and politicians as the problem.

This isn't an issue of "corruption," it's an issue of racism, and Africa is entirely irrelevant to the discussion. To my knowledge, Africa doesn't have any statues in reverence of confederates who fought to keep slavery intact.
I'll do what I want, thank you very much.

Is this a joke? Africa is the source of the slave trade and is massively corrupt despite being majority non-white. It's the perfect example of why your focus on race is the height of disingenuity.

What else can I say? I don't want to insult you but I think your race baiting is lousy.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Is this a joke? Africa is the source of the slave trade and is massively corrupt despite being majority non-white. It's the perfect example of why your focus on race is the height of disingenuity.
George Floyd was not killed in Africa by African police. Nor was Breonna Taylor or any of the other thousand recent examples of racist policing. You're the only one being disingenuous here because you don't want to address or even acknowledge the issue by name. It remains part of our every day reality regardless.

What else can I say? I don't want to insult you but I think your race baiting is lousy.
If you really believe that simply saying the word "racism" is the same thing as "race baiting," you're part of the problem. Just stick your head back in the sand already and let the adults work out how to make this country a better place for all of us.

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
George Floyd was not killed in Africa by African police. Nor was Breonna Taylor or any of the other thousand recent examples of racist policing. You're the only one being disingenuous here because you don't want to address or even acknowledge the issue by name. It remains part of our every day reality regardless.

If you really believe that simply saying the word "racism" is the same thing as "race baiting," you're part of the problem. Just stick your head back in the sand already and let the adults work out how to make this country a better place for all of us.
This is why I think you're a paranoid fantasist. You think racism is an institutional problem and not an interpersonal problem as if Derek Chauvin's negligence is a reflection of every police officer's desire to murder, like it's a job requirement or something. You think you know what the problem is but you're so far off, you don't even understand the basics of human behaviour.

Deleted member 412537

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two threads have taken over the site, I see. Don't be ridiculous. How many black people do you think there are on gbatemp? Did we have a poll? Does it even matter?

Mm, I doubt there's a lot of anyone on here in general. [Not like this place truly counts as a heavily populated hangout spot anyway.] Like I said, this is unfair. There aren't enough of us to discuss what we truly think about the movement. Its mostly you guys providing your input, which cancels us out. Now before you discard my views into the trash can, I am skeptical about the huge companies randomly providing "BLM" with money. Who knows if this strategy qualifies as a legitimate effort for change, or if it will truly benefit people without a criminal record.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You think racism is an institutional problem and not an interpersonal problem as if Derek Chauvin's negligence is a reflection of every police officer's desire to murder, like it's a job requirement or something.
I don't know what could've possibly led you to believe that it can't be both. It is both. Otherwise we wouldn't see masses of police officers resigning over the prospect facing consequences for their actions, and we wouldn't have seen several other African-Americans murdered by police in the weeks leading up to George Floyd's murder.

You think you know what the problem is but you're so far off, you don't even understand the basics of human behaviour.
I'll freely admit that your behavior of attempting to justify and dismiss multiple murders in the span of a few weeks is perplexing. Disgusting, even.

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
Mm, I doubt there's a lot of anyone on here in general. [Not like this place truly counts as a heavily populated hangout spot anyway.] Like I said, this is unfair. There aren't enough of us to discuss what we truly think about the movement. Its mostly you guys providing your input, which cancels us out. Now before you discard my views into the trash can, I am skeptical about the huge companies randomly providing "BLM" with money. Who knows if this strategy qualifies as a legitimate effort for change, or if it will truly benefit people without a criminal record.
I would never discard your views out of hand. I will always consider whether you have a point or not. But the current protests and riots are a big event that concerns everyone, not just black people so please afford us the courtesy of being able to speak our minds. After all, there is no rule preventing any person of any race from signing up and saying their piece.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't know what could've possibly led you to believe that it can't be both. It is both. Otherwise we wouldn't see masses of police officers resigning over the prospect facing consequences for their actions, and we wouldn't have seen several other African-Americans murdered by police in the weeks leading up to George Floyd's murder.

I'll freely admit that your behavior of attempting to justify and dismiss multiple murders in the span of a few weeks is perplexing. Disgusting, even.
I've never dismissed them, that's projection. Now you are trying to paint me as a villain, too. You seem to have a hard time accepting that I don't agree that the cause is racism to the point that you become belligerent. I would prefer it if you could keep personal attacks out of the discussion. Until you can demonstrate that Derek Chauvin's actions were racially motivated you will never convince me of your position on it.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Now you are trying to paint me as a villain, too.
At best you're the perfect example of MLK's white moderate. At worst you side in favor of clear and obvious examples of institutional racism. You painted yourself into that corner, bud.

Until you can demonstrate that Derek Chauvin's actions were racially motivated you will never convince me of your position on it.
Holy fuck I don't think I've ever heard a more asinine statement in my lifetime. I can't believe you actually typed this dogshit out and hit post. Like I said before, just stick your head back in the sand already. You've made it clear that's your natural habitat.

Last edited by Xzi,

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
At best you're the perfect example of MLK's white moderate. At worst you side in favor of clear and obvious examples of institutional racism. You painted yourself into that corner, bud.

Holy fuck I don't think I've ever heard a more asinine statement in my lifetime. I can't believe you actually typed this dogshit out and hit post.
So are you going to do it or not? It's not simply bravado, right? You can demonstrate Derek Chauvin's motive, can't you?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...