Humble's Fight for Racial Justice bundle offers $1,243 worth of games and comics for $30

NwncVau.png

Support a charity while getting tons of games to add to your library, in this latest Humble Bundle that puts the spotlight on racial justice. For $30, you can get a huge collection of games, with 100% of the cost going to charities such as the NAACP Legal Defense Fund, Race Forward, and The Bail Project. Included within the bundle are games, comics, and books, ranging from games such as Bioshock Remastered to Hyper Light Drifter, and everything in between, like The Jackbox Party Pack 4, Sonic and SEGA All Stars Racing, Broken Age, and more. There's also a variety of books focusing on race issues, protests, and civil rights. There's six days left to grab the bundle, if you're interested.

:arrow: Source

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I agree, the arrest move was too quick. To be save, the police officer should have said: "We will arrest you now..."

But I would also say he was a danger to society (drunk driving... how drunk to you have to be to pass out at a drive-through?) and could have done more harm if he had escaped with the taser. If he hadn´t stolen the taser, maybe that would have been their weapon of choice.

Reactions: FGFlann

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Haha, it's not wrong. Miranda rights are only required to be read before custodial questioning and nothing will change that.
Hey, far be it for me to stop a bunch of police who are just as ignorant of the law as you are from having their trumped-up charges thrown out in court. Wastes less taxpayer money and time that way.

It wasn't mishandled at all.
According to a white supremacist who was never asked for his opinion on the matter.

Doesn't matter if they're solo or not, a threat is a threat.
Which goes both ways. When police are killing twice as many US citizens per year as all mass shootings combined, they can and should rightly be considered a threat to life by everybody.

I'll let the officers know that I defended them on GBATemp
Yeah I'm sure you'll get that opportunity if/when an angry kid in an online game accuses you of cheating and sends a SWAT team to your house. :rolleyes:

If he hadn´t stolen the taser, maybe that would have been their weapon of choice.
The other officer still had his taser. The suspect had already fired the stolen taser and missed, rendering it useless from there on out. A man lost his life simply because fat fucks with a badge didn't want to do any running/cardio.

Last edited by Xzi,

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, far be it for me to stop a bunch of police who are just as ignorant of the law as you are from having their trumped-up charges thrown out in court. Wastes less taxpayer money and time that way.

According to a white supremacist who was never asked for his opinion on the matter.

Which goes both ways. When police are killing twice as many US citizens per year as all mass shootings combined, they can and should rightly be considered a threat to life by everybody.

Yeah I'm sure you'll get that opportunity if/when an angry kid in an online game accuses you of cheating and sends the SWAT team to your house. :rolleyes:
Wow. You called for 'white people' to create a Japanese style society, you're more of a white supremacist than I'll ever be. :P

Likewise though, go ahead and be wrong. It doesn't change anything.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Likewise though, go ahead and be wrong. It doesn't change anything.
RIght back at ya. The murderer has been charged with murder, as it should be. If anything, the consequences for his actions will once again prove to be too lenient, but regardless I'm thankful that public opinion is shifting quickly and drastically on this issue, leaving regressive viewpoints such as your own back in the 1950s where they belong. If the cops can't ensure equal liberty and justice for all, the American people damn sure will.

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
RIght back at ya. The murderer has been charged with murder, as it should be. If anything, the consequences for his actions will once again prove to be too lenient, but regardless I'm thankful that public opinion is shifting quickly and drastically on this issue, leaving regressive viewpoints such as your own back in the 1950s where they belong. If the cops can't ensure equal liberty and justice for all, the American people damn sure will.
If it's lenient it will be because it was justified. :P

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
A man lost his life simply because fat fucks with a badge didn't want to do any running/cardio.
He put up a good fist fight and you are correct, he could have outrun them. He could have outrun 99% of female police officers as well, I assume. Where does that lead to? Let people who are in good shape run away?

I am not saying they were morally correct, but it is not ususual for police to shoot at suspects who fight back and run away. And there is something to be said about "teaching" the public. George Floyd would have gotten the death sentence in China because of the drugs, for example. Drugs and alcohol are a bad idea in general but cultural change is possible. Russians (for instance) are known to have a problem with alcohol abuse but they have made huge progress in that respect.

African-Americans appear to have a problem with certain drugs. So society can react in two ways: legalize or become even more strict in enforcing the law. It´s for Americans to decide. I personally favor the latter.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If it's lenient it will be because it was justified. :P
He'll be found guilty of murder, of that I have no doubt. So if the punishment is lenient it's solely because of his position as a police officer at the time, not because his actions were somehow different from those of any other murderer.

Where does that lead to? Let people who are in good shape run away?
Ummm...yes. They had his car and his information already. They would've had no problem tracking him down later to issue additional charges.

I am not saying they were morally correct, but it is not ususual for police to shoot at suspects who fight back and run away.
They weren't morally OR legally correct. Cops need to be held to a higher standard than the general public, not lower.

African-Americans appear to have a problem with certain drugs. So society can react in two ways: legalize or become even more strict in enforcing the law. It´s for Americans to decide.
America in general loves its drugs. The most commonly-abused ones (opioids) are perfectly legal.

Last edited by Xzi,

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
They weren't morally OR legally correct. Cops need to be held to a higher standard than the general public, not lower.
He was charged with felony murder. You compared him to "any other murderer". He is not like a murderer who kills for personal gain and plans his attack. He is like a person who kills a rapist after a rape has been committed. (although what Brooks did was not as bad as that; just giving the definition of felony murder)

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You compared him to "any other murderer". So society can react in two ways: legalize or become even more strict in enforcing the law. It´s for Americans to decide.
I'm not a lawyer, but IIRC if it's premeditated the suspect gets charged with first-degree murder. I believe "felony murder" can also refer to second-degree murder, we don't have those details yet. The point I was trying to make is that murder is murder from the standpoint of the victim and their family, regardless of the resulting charges being first, second, or third degree. Someone's father/brother/son is never coming back from that incident.

If police have no means of resolving conflict aside from lethal force, then for all intents and purposes they're just like any other street gang who use uniforms/symbols to identify each other.

Last edited by Xzi,

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
If police have no means of resolving conflict aside from lethal force, then for all intents and purposes they're just like any other street gang who use uniforms/symbols to identify each other.
You don´t think the government should have a monopoly on violence? They cannot be compared in my opinion. Street gangs exist to commit crimes, the police is there to prevent crimes or bring criminals to justice.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Street gangs exist to commit crimes, the police is there to prevent crimes or bring criminals to justice.
Which is why I said "if police have no means of resolving conflict aside from lethal force." Murder is a crime. If they only know how to respond to any minor conflict with murder, they are the criminals, and they aren't about to bring themselves to justice.

Certain states require almost three times as many training hours to become a hair stylist than they require to become a police officer. I'm not sure if examples of how the current system is broken can get much clearer than that.

Last edited by Xzi,

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
You will never have a patient police force like in e.g. Hong Kong because the American society is heavily armed. Either get rid of guns or get rid the practice of resisting arrest etc.
That´s all I have to say about it. I think this news thread has gone all long enough. It was interesting though.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You will never have a patient police force like in e.g. Hong Kong because the American society is heavily armed.
The vast majority of these cases involve unarmed citizens. The number would be a lot higher than 1,003 US citizens killed by police in 2019 if that were also accounting for those who were armed.

Either get rid of guns or get rid the practice of resisting arrest etc.
Or reform the police from the ground up, just as everybody has been calling for. Enough already with setting the bar so low for power-tripping dipshits who only went into policing in an attempt to extend their high school bullying "glory days." Every single retail worker in America does a better job with de-escalation and conflict resolution every day.

Last edited by Xzi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I better over react and get all fussy for the lols